Author Topic: pinball pain  (Read 4030 times)

harrigan

pinball pain
« on: September 28, 2010, 10:51:45 PM »
Does anyone else get this?  I feel like the shooting pains are zapping round my body and at any one time could go from my thumb joint to my knee, shoulder, toe, lower back, wrists and back to my thumbs.  I don't think people who don't have this can realise what it feels like. XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: pinball pain
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:04:21 AM »
Yes, this experience used to be common for me. The Dr. said that it could not be possible and it must be my imagination. After that I found out that they get 1/2 credit hour of education on pain management. Most of it is on Drugs for pain and how they function. There is nothing on understanding pain mechanisms is what I was told.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:41:12 AM »
Hi  :)

An SjS member in London is currently being investigated for exactly the sort of pains you are describing. No test results as yet.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »
Yes, I get these. I have described them as running, shooting pains. They go all over- might start from the back of my head to the front of my face. Or from the big toe to my hip etc. It is hard to know where they will begin or where the will go.

Epson

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 12:58:20 PM »
I was told that it was from my fibromyalgia.

harlin

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »
THEY DON'T KNOW!!

Meld256

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 03:46:58 AM »
harlin,

I have those pinball pains, too. Sure that some "healthy" people think I'm crazy!:) 

I've also been told it was from Fibromyalgia; whatever it's from, it's certainly no fun. Pinball pain is a great description of it! I've had much less of it since going on Savella.

Take care,
Melinda

Babs659

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 04:45:22 AM »
I have the same type of thing.  When I told the rheumy he said "I don't want to start treating you for EVERYTHING."  I said, "I'm not asking you to!"  As if I was just looking for pain meds! ::) :P  :-\

Prairie Gal

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »
Babs, if you mention a problem of any kind to a man -- even a dr. - they feel you're asking them to fix it!  It took me quite a few years to learn this from my husband's reactions.   Many times, a woman wants someone just to listen as she already knows nothing can be done to 'fix' a particular problem/situation.  Women friends are the best listeners.

Suzie

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 01:07:33 PM »
What a fantastic description of it - Pinball Pain. Good one.

Patze

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
Hi Ailsa,

Oh yes, I think I've mapped out my body already by noting where the pain starts and ends and all the fun places along the way.  Like the back of the right knee to just above the right ear.  Or my all time favorite one that starts in my left big toe that takes a break at the knee, snakes around the hip area to the upper portion of the kidney (my very favorite area that gets "lit" up several times a day on bad days), on to the shoulder and ends close to the eye/brain area...good times (no kidney stones as far as the doctors can tell).  And the neuro has no clue either, ugh.

Hugs my friends and I sure hope that one of our doctors can figure this out soon.

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

newhorizons

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 02:34:58 PM »
Some of you have 'pin' pain, I have the 'ball' the last week or two.  Pains end in knotting muscles in elbows to shoulders today going from R shoulder to L shoulder then down spinal area and that 'costachorditis' feeling in ribs and then exercise again and chase it down to lower back. Now its in L hip and hubbby has said he would 'floss' my L leg.

Every joint in my body, head included, is 'popping' today.  It is a beautiful day here today so not weather related. ???

Last night listened to Dr. A Weil CD on beathing and was able to 'get a release' to go to sleep. Though, soon came back when started my day.

Will close as am typing with braces on both hands and wrists. Oh, there goes the R ankle popping.

Lordy, lordy any suggestions will be apprecaited.... IN OTHER WORDS...(((HELP)))          J  :(  Y
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:01:39 PM by newhorizons »

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 02:58:20 PM »
Meditation, reflexology, Reiki, carrot juice?
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

newhorizons

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 03:02:56 PM »
Joe, Thanks! ;)