Author Topic: Methotrexate  (Read 4418 times)

Terikjackson

Re: Methotrexate
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 12:48:36 PM »
I only take 3 pills a week my Rhuemy calls it an old lady dose.  I don't know.  Works good for me but I think I need a little more of it.

Teri

BonusMom

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 06:13:57 PM »
The folic acid helps keep your white blood count up thereby reducing your risk of infection.  I'm not on MTX (started Imuran 5 weeks ago), but my WBC has a tendency to be low, which equates to canker sores for me.  My rheumy has me on 4 mg of folic acid daily and labs every four weeks to keep an eye on my WBC.  If my levels get too low even with taking the folic acid, I doubt I'll be able to stay on the Imuran due to the risk of infection.

Jag

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 07:39:39 PM »
I am on 2.5mg 3 pills a week. I've been on it three weeks now. I guess the 'normal' dose is 10mg per week? I know that my joints are better, but the fatigue, diarrhea and generally feeling bad isn't so good. I think I've been dealing with an infection that needs to be found, though. I feel very cold then switch to being very hot and sweating badly. Sometimes the sweating is so bad I feel like I'm going to go insane with it. I've told all my docs, but no one has any suggestions at this point. I'm going to my gyn to make sure it's not related to anything there... I've been really miserable with it.

I do want to make sure I'm on the 'right' dose, though. I don't want to be taking it for nothing if I'm not on a dose that will do anything.