Author Topic: Salagen again  (Read 1349 times)

Bonnie

Salagen again
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:22:20 AM »
Hi all,

well my salagen script runs out in 1.5 weeks.  I got an email from Novartis mid september to say there is a problem with their manufacturing site.  see extract from their email below

"It is with regret that I have to inform you that Salagen tablets remain out of stock. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience and concern that this is causing patients; the situation has arisen as a result of a change in the manufacturing site where pilocarpine is produced and some regulatory issues around the approval of the new site.

Please be reassured that we are working with the appropriate regulatory bodies to ensure that this situation is resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, patients are advised to seek advice from their doctor regarding possible alternative treatments. "

I have an appointment next week with my GP, but I have been trying to cut my dose down to stock pile some extra, I don't know about anyone else but this drug does not only help with my eyes and mouth, it really helps with my tummy, and lungs I also just don't feel so fatigued as I don't constantly have yeast infections.

I have been feeling the best I have felt in years since taking that and I am so worried about stopping.  after 1 week of 3 a day things are beginning not to work.

I am thinking of writing to my MP to see if he can help with their "regulatory issues"  Anyone else find this drug as helpful?

Spider

Re: Salagen again
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »
Hi Bonnie

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems obtaining your Salagen.

Could you please tell me Salagan is ?

Madderakka

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:27:24 PM »
You can take the generic pilocarpine.

Bonnie

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:23:01 AM »
Hi spider Salagen is a drug which stimulates glands in the body to produce saliva, tears, sweat(unfortunately  :)) gastric juices and mucus. For me it solved so many of my issues  :'(

Madderakka It would seem that Novartis are the only company licenced to supply this drug in the UK. my GP and pharmacist told me this recently.  Tried to get them to prescribe exovax (sp) but that is also not available in uk.

Someone has told me about a service called IDIS, where your GP can try to source drugs from another country.  I am going to ask about this next week.

Fingers crossed.

Daisy1234

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 03:12:43 PM »
You may wish to try one of the online pharmacies from Canada who service customers from the U.S. to see if they have salagen stocks available for you.  I just filled up on mine not that long ago.