Author Topic: Cold/Numb/Frozen  (Read 1101 times)

Bobbie

Cold/Numb/Frozen
« on: September 29, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »
Hello people,

Has anyone had this weird sensation on the back of their thigh?  There is no mark or bruise.
I first felt it yesterday.  It was raining cats and dogs all day and I was running errands.  Got
pretty wet.  I was sittting in the car and thought my right thigh was drenched..... not wet at all.

It hasn't stopped since yesterday.  I guess it could be described as cold, numb, frozed or wet.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks ** Bobbie 
Graves,Addison's,Sjogren's,Migraines,Restless Leg,Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis,Peripheral Neuropathy,Osteoarthritis,RA, episcleritis
 Plaquenil, Prednisone, Florinef, Synthroid, Restasis, Evoxac,Zofran,Lexapro,Gabapentin,Maxalt,Naproxen,Divaloprex,Omerpazole,Methotrexate,Remicade

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Cold/Numb/Frozen
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »
Hi Bobbie  :)

I've been telling docs on and off for about 20 years that my skin 'lies' to me. I'm lucky in as much as it doesn't do it all the time but periodically I get feeling of patches of burning skin. They are not red. There is no rash but I could take a pen and draw outlines round where it feels 'scalded'.

I've never felt cold and 'wet' sensations further up than my feet but I remember telling several doctors that I frequently felt as though I was walking with cold water inside my shoes. Everyone I spoke to was totally dismissive.

My feet haven't felt the cold water sensation for a while now. Now they just burn. Used to be the soles but now its all round the toes too.

I hope the sensation you are having goes away again for you. If it doesn't - it might be an idea to see a neurologist.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Jag

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »
I've had times when I'd swear my skin was wet.. but it wasn't. I've also had burning, etc. I have Raynaud's, which I don't know if that contributes to the issue or not. I like the discription of 'my skin lies'... LOL! It's got to be some kind of neurological problem. I do know that I was found to have brain vasculitis...which corrolated to the neuro complaints I was having. It was nice to finally have some validation of my neuro complaints after being brushed off for so long!

LizM

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »
I have this issue as well.  I have a followup with the Rheumy in January and will have a list of things to discuss with her.  I am assuming this is just another AI gift.

Liz

Bobbie

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »
Thanks for all of your comments.  I have an appointment next month and have a list as well!!

Bobbie
Graves,Addison's,Sjogren's,Migraines,Restless Leg,Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis,Peripheral Neuropathy,Osteoarthritis,RA, episcleritis
 Plaquenil, Prednisone, Florinef, Synthroid, Restasis, Evoxac,Zofran,Lexapro,Gabapentin,Maxalt,Naproxen,Divaloprex,Omerpazole,Methotrexate,Remicade