Author Topic: ARGGGGGG!  (Read 2987 times)

ynevar

ARGGGGGG!
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:31:22 PM »
I am so angry...

I did not do much at all today except cook dinner.  Had my parents over and just over did it.  I did make a wonderful dinner for my family: marinated feta and bread for appetizer, roast chicken, risotto with sugar snap peas and zucchini (in a pressure cooker = no stirring!), creamed carrots a la orange and for dessert and Zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting. 

Crazy good dinner.  But I am so hurt after.  My body is screaming at me and I have used my max amount of tramadol for the day.  I can't even make a decent dinner without severe pain anymore.  I have just had it.

My doctor is upping my Neurontin slowly but I am not at a therapeutic dose yet for nerve pain.  I am going into the doctor, my husband is coming with me and we are not leaving until they do something.  I am going to say my Tramadol is not enough to even cover my pain for cooking DINNER...... The native clinic is dragging their feet on getting my biopsy scheduled and since I don't have a diagnosis I don't have any treatment other than this lame attempt to help me manage pain.

I am going to ask for Opiates.  I am going to say to them, I can't even cook a nice meal without being disabled by the pain later.  So not only now have I lost my JOB, I can't even cook without severe pain.  I am going to request opiates and if they want to drug test me every week, FINE... If they want to take hair follicle tests---go ahead.... But I can't live hurting so BAD from just cooking dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't even lift much, my hubby carried stuff to the stove, out of the stove, off the counter etc for me.... GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  If they won't do anything to help me get a diagnosis other than their incredibly inefficient, near malpractice, feeble efforts at coordinating with Indian Health Services to get either a biopsy or consult with THEIR Rheumatologists to determine my fate they are at least going to make me comfortable while I wait for their inept asses!!!!!!! 

LeoLady

Re: ARGGGGGG!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 11:46:26 PM »
Sounds like a plan!  You go girl!  I hope you get some relief soon.

Hugs,

LeoLady

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 02:59:58 AM »
ynevar, It sounds like you need a dose of the "spoon theory".

butyoudontlooksick.com/navigation/BYDLS-TheSpoonTheory.pdf
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

LizPetillo

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 03:32:37 AM »
ICrazy good dinner.  But I am so hurt after.  My body is screaming at me ....
That's because of the bread and the cake.   Those are trigger foods. 
Gotta' stay away from ALL breads (including crackers, cakes, cookies,  etc), pastas, and all sugars. 

ynevar

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:32:30 AM »
ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rough morning too... cried for an hour last night...

ynevar

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »
So where is this list of trigger foods?  Where can I find more info on what triggers Sjogrens?  I have swollen eyes from crying so hard last night.  I am so tired of hurting.  I can't live like this.

-Y

Katybarstool

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 02:09:45 PM »
Y

I don't think there is a definitive list of foods that people with SJS can't eat. We are all so different. Personally, I'm fine with bread but can't tolerate too many vegetables, otherwise I end up crawling around with pain. Also, I can't eat lemon or grapefruits, as they wreak havoc with my asthma. Pulses do one on my bowel. However, I know some people will find these foods are good for them.

It's trial and error, I think.

Kathyx

ynevar

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I am going to have to work on figuring out what doesn't work for me...

I went to the clinic today.... what a nightmare.

My husband wrote a 3 page letter to the President of the organization.  He is so disgusted with them...

Doctor just wanted to give me just a shot of toradol. She acted like that was doing me a favor. I insisted on getting something else for pain.  Doctor gave me Vicodin.  AFTER I did a UA.  I told her you can UA me all day long.  I told them I wanted to be made comfortable until Monday.  Told her I lost my job so I can sit there all day long on Monday and figure it out with my doctor.  I was upset and fed up.  She offered me behavioral health phone #s.  Asked if I was depressed.  I said heck yeah... wouldn't you be? 

She told me to take off my walking cast, it is the ONLY thing I have found that helps me manage the pain when it is so awful.  I said what do you want me to do then, crawl??? She shrugged her shoulders and said "A lot of people get mad when we ask them to not wear a splint.  We want you to move forwards, not backwards.  You will lost muscle mass if you wear it."  Okay thissssss is after I told her I wear it one to two days and then the pain abates.  I don't wear it 24/7 for prolonged periods of time......

I am disgusted and irritated!

-Y

ynevar

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 02:38:05 AM »
And she wanted me to turn in my Tramadol....   I told her I had no problem with that.   I said I won't be combining it with the Vicodin, but I want the Tramadol back when I am done with the Vicodin.  I said I just lost my job, the medicine cost me money and I don't have it to buy again.  She wanted me to have my husband get it from the house and bring it in.  I have not abused pain meds.  I have a very healthy respect for pain meds (opiates) since I was a drug and alcohol counselor for almost 10 years.  I cannot believe I am being treated like I am slamming heroin and shopping at every doctor in town for Oxycontin.  I can't walk at times and they want me to crawl, I cannot hold a cup of coffee because of the pain at times as well.  How messed up is this????

I said to her that if it was her or someone she loves there would be no question as to keep them comfortable and they sure as heck would be setting up a biopsy or whatever else was needed for diagnosis and treatment.  I cannot believe how I have been treated.  My husband is IRATE and wrote a 3 page letter to the President and CEO of the native clinic.  He is also going to send a copy to the local newspaper, our local legislators, our senators and congressman and the governor. 

I have talked to so many who are treated so poorly there.  It is disgusting and they need to treat people like people.  This is part of  my husband's letter (names omitted) and a quote of the Hippocratic oath:

My wife has been a patient of (native clinic) for many years. In the time that she has been receiving health services from your organization, her experiences have been at times positive, but over the last few months, she has received care that no patient in any medical facility should ever receive. One section of the Hippocratic Oath states ?I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.? It appears that many of (native clinic's) attending physicians and physician?s assistants have forgotten this.

I am glad I have him on my side and I am seriously considering my legal recourse against this ridiculous so-called "medical" clinic.

*sigh*

-Y

LizPetillo

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 03:39:38 AM »

eyeamdry

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »
Y-is this an Indian (native American) Clinic you are speaking of?  My sister in law uses a clinic like that.  I can't believe someone is requiring you to take a urine test to get pain meds.  I would be mad too.  How about letters to the editor in your newspaper?  It would be putting your name in public though.  How about letters to a patient advocacy group or individual?
I'm sorry you're being treated like this and having to grovel for pain meds.  Lucy