Author Topic: Young and Restless  (Read 1572 times)

LizPetillo

Young and Restless
« on: September 23, 2010, 11:28:17 AM »
Okay .... I admit it.  I like watching.  I like watching for the really bad acting and the poor story lines.  I have fun ripping it apart.  I love tuning in to see what slutty clothes Phyllis will have on, or to see how dumb Heather is that day.  (she's DUMB!).  I love watching Chance be a complete wuss 'stuper-cop' and seeing why - Nina never cut the cord.   

It's like watching a B-Movie each day.  I used to love watching really stupid B-movies with my husband.  We'd have a few beers and some snacks and watch them busting out laughing ... ahhhh the days!

Anyways .. anyone else like to watch really bad soaps or bad 'b' movies? 

I can say the lines to Mummy I and Mummy II with the actors now.  A bunch with '5th Element' too. 

Hey .. it's not rocket science ... but it's fun!   ;D

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Young and Restless
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
Oh back in the day when I was home with young kids I watched a zillion soaps, for all the same reasons!

And I loved seeing an actor who died on one series ,show up as the character who had a terrible accident and plastic surgery on another show!

yep, I remember those days.

Now I'm glued to my puter.

Sigh

Kisses

Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

lighthouse33

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:21:26 PM »
I have watched Young and Restless since 1988 and Bold and Beautiful since 1994.  Also, subscribe to Soap Opera Digest. 

But I haven't watched any of this week's episodes.  We have a visitor here.  Everything will be waiting for me on my Tivo. 

I watch plenty of nightime TV also.  Right now I'm trying to catch up on the summer shows like Leverage, The Closer, In Plain Sight etc.

My favorite couople on Y&R right now is Victoria and Billy.  It used to be Nick and Phyllis but then they broke up. 

Watching TV is one of the ways I relax.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »
I've never been a soap opera watcher.  I just can't get into them.  My Mom would religiously watch Days of Our Lives and a couple others that I can't remember right now.  Even my Dad would sit down and watch every now and then if he happened to get off work early.

The acting (if that's what they call it) in any of those shows is terrible!  Yet, those shows have been on for eons.

Nope, I'll just stick to my reality TV shows with contestants who act like a bunch of kindergartners.  Oh my, I can't believe I waste my time on stuff like this.   ::)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

valene2009

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 03:06:14 PM »
i live and breathe soaps... omg.. grew up with them.... Luke & Laura..haha..watch Y&R too..i think the acting is good-it is the storylines that can be so silly and out there.. but it seems that all of the new shows lately are silly too...
love tv...soap opera addict..