Author Topic: Big Brother, Survivor, DWTS - anyone?  (Read 15547 times)

eyeamdry

Re: Big Brother, Survivor, DWTS - anyone?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:21 PM »
I did watch The Amazing Race tonight and it is only a secondary favorite of mine.  Sunday night seems to be a little bare of my fave programs.  I do like the one following Amazing Race, Undercover Boss.  It's kind of corny but I like it.  All of the boss' they have had on here to date have been healthy and "in shape."  The boss tonight was decidedly overweight and was wet with sweat with every move he made.

At the end, it said he was joining the gym and getting in shape.  Lucy

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 09:31:14 PM »
Missed The Amazing Race tonight, but did see Undercover Boss.  I think every boss should have to walk in the shoes of their employees and see what goes on.

I know for myself, I have had bosses who sit in their comfy little offices and give the demands on down the pipe.  If only they knew how unrealistic some of their demands are. (not that they care)  Try working understaffed, without the necessary supplies to do your job, with time constraints, with sick kids at home, etc, etc.   It's been my experience that Corporate America is too concerned about the almighty dollar to actually care about their employees - just get the job done!

I'm sure some have worked for caring employers - would sure make a difference in the atmosphere of coming into work each day - knowing that you are valued as an employee.

Ok - I'll get off my soap box now . . don't get me started on employers.  Grrrrrrrr  ;)

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Meld256

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 02:28:56 PM »
I enjoy Undercover Boss, too, although it seems a bit "fakey" sometimes.  However, think it's great every boss on the show has been surprised to learn how the "little people" in their companies make such a difference. I think every boss should have a "training course" from the bottom rung up to see what happens in the real world.

I love the Amazing Race. Partly because I like seeing the countries and the info. given about the cultures, and partly to see how the pairs work together, or don't work together.  My husband and I laugh about that all the time; I think we would be ok except when they get to things like climbing up something tall, rapelling off a cliff, etc.  Even when I was healthy, I have a horrible fear of heights!! I couldn't have made it up the side of the castle on that ladder, no way. We'd be the last team cause I would be the embarrassing one being hysterical because I couldn't climb.  :(

eyeamdry

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »
Undercover Boss is decidedly "corny" and fakey as you say, but I like seeing peeons showing up the bosses with simple work.  The boss last night was overweight and just walking across the parking lot had him sweating and wet through his shirt. lol.
If nothing else, this show will be fodder for talk around the water coolers and maybe the ideas will hit some companies to give this a shot.  I am so glad I'm out of the work environment!  My daughter lost her job a year and half ago after 7 years at the company.  She is turning up nothing.  Michigan is the highest or one of the higjest unemp states.  I know it's bad all over.  This really breaks a person's spirit.  Lucy

mac

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 08:53:23 AM »
Have to admit I like both of the above.  Have to wonder how they pull off Undercover now that the show has sired.  Wouldn't employees see cameras coming into the workplace as a dead giveaway?

In my much younger days worked for a little company (factory) and  the owner was always out on the floor talking with the employees on how to make the job easier.  Sold his business to Union Carbide and they continued with the policy.  The mechanics and engineers would make new machines and bring them to the floor, try them out and ask how we liked them, good and bad input was heard.  It was a great place to work.  Haven't seen that in any of the places I have worked recently.

On the lighter note, I agree with Meld, no way would my DH and I be able to get past anything that floated in the air or put us on a precipice!  LOL  I think it's fun to try to guess who will win the leg of the race that night and enjoy seeing how people manage their differences.  Could never have my DH be navigator as he walks into a mall department store, turn him around three times and he can't tell you how to get out!  He takes the teasing good naturedly!

Always been a sucker for Survivor although I do get annoyed by all the alliances any more.  Seems like it eliminates people right away before they can prove their worth or loyalties.  Someone mentioned building fires and building shelters...hello!  It's survivor!  Two essentials to bring into the game!  Of course, this year I root for the Seniors!

AGT...the prize is a headline act at Vegas.  As good as the little girl is (and I still have a very hard time believing that is her real singing voice!) Who in Vegas really wants to see Opera?  Think I would have picked an act to win but was glad they picked the fellow.  All four of the finalists have a good future in entertainment.

Lucy, do hope your daughter finds employment soon.  Have great friends up there in the smae boat.  So sad.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »
I didn't see the entire DWTS show last night, but I saw the end where they show a quick review of the night.  So . . . . who do you think will get the ax tonight?  I'm not sure.

I think Bristol did a good job last night, but I don't think they should have gotten the high scores they did when some of the others did really good and all they got was 18!  Do you think it's just because she has NO prior dancing experience?  I'm sure the football guys don't either (although, don't they practice ballet moves as a football player?).  Don't know.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

SLEEPY101

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »
I think Michael Bolton might be going home tonight. Sometimes it is more a popularity contest then a dancing contest.

valene2009

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 08:00:50 AM »
Bucky,,i so agree with you..i think she got higher scores cause her mom Sara P. was there.. but that is my opinion.. who knows...
i knew Michael would be going home too.. yeah he is not much of a dancer but a score of 3 was a pretty low blow i thought... jennifer Grey is great..

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »
I'm not a football fan, and I don't know anything about Jimmy Johnson - but, he seemed nice on Survivor.  Too bad he got voted off tonight.  They should have voted off Danny.

That NaOnka chick is something else!!   ::)  I think her days are numbered.

Never a dull moment in Survivor-land.   ;)

Bucky

Meld256

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
Bucky,
I was sorry to see Jimmy J. go tonight, too. He won a couple Super Bowls as a coach and was a great college coach.
Might agree that I thought they were sending Danny home; poor guy might have been better off.

And yes, that NaOnka chick has GOT to go soon.  :P Wow, she has the kind of personality I really do not like being around. I would have a hard time dealing with her!
More drama in Survivor-land.
Melinda

newhorizons

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 08:52:05 AM »
Hey, Missed the first 20 minutes of Survivor last night. Was on SW and had one of those AHA moments when looked down at time on computer screen... Realized it had been changed to Wednesday night.  :(

lynnmarie219

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
More drama in Survivor-land.

That's what its all about....drama!!  ;D

dawnbr123

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »
Hi...I'm a Survivor addict! Was a little bummed to see Jimmy J leave last night but someone's got to go...Right?
I was hoping it was Dan...
The young team drives me crazy...hoping Naonka gets the boot soon....
Dawnbr

valene2009

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »
anyone watch DWTS last night??  i wasn't that into it... it was ok.. last week so much better..
what did you guys think?  of course it prob doesnt help i am in the middle of a major flare esp with my
left eye.. but i closed it and tried to watch out of my right..lol..

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 12:10:23 PM »
Oh dear Sjogren's Angels,

I'm truly lost on this one.   Cannot abide 'reality' shows.   Actually don't watch much TV.

Not a snob, far from it.  But some how TV just doesn't do it for me.

So I'm always 'out of it' on these discussions.

I did see "Social Network" this weekend and it's great.  I LOVE Movies.

Go figure.

Kisses

Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3