Author Topic: Hair we go . . . .  (Read 8525 times)

puccini914

Re: Hair we go . . . .
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 07:15:45 AM »
Headbands are great!  I lke the kind that kind of just sit on top of your hair, cause they don't pull your hair out in the back or slip out because of the thinness.  I also like the fact that you can easily add volume behind the band in one of those trendy little bump styles.  You can just tease it a little underneath behind the band and then smooth over the top and smooth it out all around and it really looks like you have a lot more hair.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »
Happy Saturday  ;D

Yesterday was the real test with the new "do" . . . what happens after you wash it for the first time??

First, before I continue, let me say I just bought a new shampoo to try.  I had been using Garnier Fructis Body Boost - which was nice, and I have been using this for a couple years now.  I just bought Pantene Fine 2 in 1 Flat to Volume (combination shampoo & conditioner).  I really like how my hair felt after using this - it felt like it plumped up the hair shafts to make it feel fuller.  In fact, the little ditty on the bottle says: " Lightweight system boosts hair for all day volume".

Next, I got out my arsenal of hair tools to work with . . . blow dryer, curling iron, wide tooth comb and round brush.  I've watched Annie do my hair for the last 15 yrs. and every time she ever blowed my hair dry, she would blow it upwards until almost completely dry, then use the round brush to pull it taunt while continuing to blow dry . . . so I did this too.  It does seem to help add "volume" to my hair.

I rolled and curled and was happy with how my hair turned out.   ;D  Put on my hair powder, added a headband and I was good to go.

Today - a day later . . . and my hair still looks good.   ;D  I asked the boys - "do you think my hair looks fuller on top with my new haircut, shampoo and powder?" and they both had a resounding "YES" . . . yay . . . cause I thought it did too. 

Hope y'all have had a good hair day today too.   :D

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

peachpop

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 02:00:33 PM »
I just invested in a hair regrowth/loss stopping regimin called NISIM- supposedly it blocks DHT which is responsible for 95% of hairloss, hoping that 5% it's not responsible for isn't this!  But I will let you guys know how it works.  This has to be one of the cruelest parts of this disease!

Ohiocat

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »
gee the last time i pulled out the hair dryer blower was to try and dry the cat.

You mean you are suppose to use it to fluff up YOUR hair?
female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

kwolfsheimer

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 05:58:30 PM »
Peachpop-- you will have to let us know if that works.  I am desparate.  I have been warned against trying Rogaine, so I was using a hair thickening shampoo and it just dried my hair out. 

Now like Bucky, I use the Ganrnier Fructis Berry shampoo for colored hair.  It really gives moisture to my hair.

I used to have really short hair, but now I have a 1940's style cut.  My hair is now really curly-- in a good way.  I used to pay to get perms and now it just comes out that way.  I have to do the "combover" because I have a huge bald spot right in front.  So I part my hair on the side. My hair just comes out in handfuls. I have a layer right in the front like a really long bang that goes past my ear.  The rest of my hair is shoulder length.

Patze

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
Oh Ohiocat, that is too funny!  Thanks for the laugh....

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Kerrikins

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:04 AM »
I wonder why the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation doesn't list hair loss as a side effect? It seems like almost everyone has it to one degree or another with this. I had it even before the meds, after I started having digestive problems. It is definitely a cruel part of the disease, making your self esteem drop on top of not feeling well! I am glad you are happy with your new hair style Bucky! A few days ago I upgraded to a true pixie cut, I am really liking it. My hair looks better the shorter it is, apparently. If there is nothing hanging down it doesn't look stringy and having the longest layer on top creates volume, or at least the illusion of it ;)