Author Topic: Hair we go . . . .  (Read 8538 times)

LizPetillo

Re: Hair we go . . . .
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 04:40:38 AM »
Since plaquinel .. gobs of hair in the shower drain after washing it.  UGH 
Cant' notice on top of my head yet. 
YET. 

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 12:44:45 PM »
Ok Ladies . . here's a little test for you.  Take your digital camera and hold it above your head and take a picture of the top of your head, looking down on your head.  I had known for a while that my hair was thin in the crown area - but, I was in for a shock  :o after I took an "aerial" picture!!  I could have sat down and bawled . . . I had no idea HOW very, very thin it was!

I know how to solve this problem . . . since it is in the "crown" area that I am the thinnest, I should WEAR a sparkly crown as camouflage . . . ya think??   :D

Kathyx - when you talk about "fringe", do you mean bangs?  I've always had bangs - I have a high forehead and have always worn bangs my whole life.

I've tried a perm before . . . looked like a poodle with frizz. . .  ::)  LOL  I'll pass on that.

Maybe I'll write some celebrity - Ellen, Oprah, Dr. Phil or someone and have them address this problem for women.  Anyone want to volunteer to be a guinea pig for the show??  Shoot, if I could have some fancy smancy hairdresser do my hair . . . sure . . . sign me up!   ;D

Back to looking for a hairstyle . . . . .

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

eyeamdry

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 03:05:36 PM »
I would be a guineau pig for a show.  Right now, I have my hair slicked back (with bobby pins-like my mother used) and in a stubby pony tail about an inch long.  I am going to look for a bow to put on it or something.  It's pretty bad.  I wanted to give it a rest from the curling iron.

Lesleybird

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
  Hi,  I have very fine hair that got finer with time and the Sjogrens.  My hair is two inches below my shoulders and angled on the sides and just a few bangs that I don't wear as bangs.  If I layer all my hair it just makes it thinner at the ends. Maybe a different part for your? Or maybe just a few long layers on the top of your head? Good luck to you....wish we had a picture of your hair and we could give better advice.    Lesley

puccini914

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 05:07:13 PM »
I have very thinning hair, I've found the best look for is just above the shoulders, a little lower then chin length.  Straight around like a bob, but not a shelf bob, you really have to have volume in the back to pull that look off, and I don't.  Layers tend to frizz me up, so I stay away from those, but bangs help me hide the receding hair line that makes my widows peaks keep creeping further and further back.  My hair is natural curly but I use a flat iron because the curl is unruly and never lays where it should to cover the really bad spots, plus the smoothness of straight hair is somehow more relaxing to my skin, the course frizzies, my flatiron has the last say in things.  I like a gradual fringe around my face from the bang, this is great to hide the puffy moonface when I have to take higher doses of prednisone, just pull it forward more, and moonface dissapears.  So that's my two cents about hair, as you can see I've put a lot of thought into it over the years and this is the I can do for my last 6 or 7 hairs.   Well, there's always the comb over. LOL

eyeamdry

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »
Puccini-we do the opposite.  You flatiron to take out your curl/friz.  I take a curling iron to tame my artificial perm so it's not frizzy.  If not for a perm, including frizz, I'm a goner.  Lucy

eyeamdry

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 09:39:18 PM »
Dr. Oz tells of using olive oil in your hair as a moisturizer.  Well I just put a bunch of olive oil in my strawlike hair and will let it be for a bit and then jump in the shower and see if it made a difference.

SLEEPY101

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 04:49:43 AM »
Lucy
  Thx for the olive oil tip I will have to try that. I have very thin hair and my hair has changed textures it is very course and tangled. As I teenager I would go out in our back yard and pick lemons and sqeeze them in my hair. It my my hair very soft and silky. I am afraid to try it now I know what to have a reaction.

I have hair past my shoulders. I keep it in long layers and bangs. The last time I went the hair dresser did a little layering on top to give me more volume. My hair was almost to my waist it looks a fuller shorter

harlin

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »
Rheumy today put me on Methotrexate today and said my hair would get thinner. IT IS ALREADY THIN. Is anyone else on this med and did your hair fall out more?

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 12:37:06 PM »
FYI - for the 25 votes in the poll "medium" length hair was the winner.  I'm not sure what qualifies as "medium", but I'm guessing to the collarbone or shoulders.

I did end up getting my hair colored and cut on Tuesday.  I went in armed with a slew of pictures to show Annie - the hair magician, I mean hairdresser.   ;D

She cut off 6 - 7 inches of hair  :o and my hair now comes to my collarbone.  She put in a few layers to add umph and angled cut it in the front.  I have been "playing" with my new style and wearing a headband some times to keep the hair out of my face (plus, I'm working concessions tomorrow night at the football game - don't want to be messing with my hair while serving food, so trying to find a way for it to stay back out of my way.  :D).

I didn't mention to my boys (hubby and son) that I was getting such a drastic cut until I walked in the door afterwards.  They both just looked at me . . .  :o . . . . then, said it really looked nice and made me look younger.  Aweeeeeeeeeeee   ;D

I also showed my hairdresser the hair powder compact I bought recently - she thought that was great and was going to recommend it to some other customers of hers who have thinning hair.  I really like it and it makes me feel better when using it as it helps disguise the scalp so it's not shining like a billiard ball.   ;)

I'm a happy camper . . . .  ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Patze

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 04:40:40 AM »
That's good news indeed!!!  And you know it's a good cut when guys compliment it! ;D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

harlin

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »
Just go back from the hairdressers, she cut my hair to a little below my ears. We are going for the one length look eventually. It was layered so it will take awhile to catch up. she also colored it back to orig color with no hilights. Looks alot different, I think I will eventually like it I hope. I told her about the new meds and she said we will do what we can. I think I am more upset about my hair than anything. Now I am really stressed. But it looks good for now.

Patze

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »
Hi Harlin,

It took a long time before my hair even remotely decided to behave, and even though it's still not so good, the body is finally returning.  I don't have a lot of it left, but I can live with it! 

I'm glad that you have a good beautician, and I'll tell yeah, a good one is worth their weight in gold.

Take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

eyeamdry

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 11:07:42 PM »
I've had the same beutician forever and I love her...........but, she doesn't try different things or suggest different things.  I can hardly blame her with what i have to work with. Nothing.

I'm considering calling some of the better salons and asking them about having a "consultation" withsome who can style "problem hair."  Just a thought.  I couldn't go all the time.  But for a consult and a one time hair-do might be worth it.  Wigs are an option, but drive me nuts.  Lucy

SLEEPY101

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 01:43:37 AM »
I got bangs cut today. My little boy said he didn't like them because it makes me look like a little gill(that's how he pronouces girl) Lol. I take that as a compliment:)

Bucky enjoy your haircut. You and your hubby need to go out to dinner. So he can show you off:)