Author Topic: Car... Air Conditioning. What do you do?  (Read 2177 times)

TanyaFromTexas

Car... Air Conditioning. What do you do?
« on: August 18, 2010, 07:55:05 AM »
I feel like a kid on the 1st day of school. Now that Ive found this site Im so full of questions.

My main symptom is my eyes. Its crazy hot outside. So I need the air in my car. I point the vents away from my face but it still dries my eyes out, same in the winter. Is this something you just learn to live with or are there any tips to help?

Yesterday I had to wait til it got dark to drive home from work my eyes hurt so bad.

Also Ive read that your eyes get worse, as I can tell mine have. Is it wise to get prescription sunglasses? If im gonna have to chage the lens often?

again, thank you all for your kindness. and responses.

ohiolady

Re: Car... Air Conditioning. What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »
Tanya,

I wear Panoptyx moisture chamber glasses.  A lot of people have Wileyx.  Mine are sunglasses and they alllow me to be outside and always on in the car with air and heat.  Go to dryeyezone and check out their supply of glasses.  They actually have some on sale right now.  I bought my Panoptx at a Harley Davidson shop and they are pricey but they have added to my quality of life. 

Also, do you use Restasis?  This prescription drop is very helpful to most.  Do not be scared away be expense because each vial can be a two day supply and all docs will tell you this.  This cuts down on expense greatly.  Also, I have punctual plugs which help keep tears on the eye.  I was in pure misery with my eyes when this all began and they are manageable with treatment now.

YOu can search this site and get loads of tips on eye care.

Don't get too discouraged.  Treatment will help.  But, the glasses are a MUST.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

TanyaFromTexas

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:05 AM »
Ive been on restasis for two years. And I have the plugs. Last Friday my dr said im gonna have to get them permanently shut since nothing else is working. Are they glasses you can wear them over your glasses or are they prescription? Im blind as a bat.

I recently ordered the night goggles. Im willing to try any and everything.
I will look into those!!!!!

ohiolady

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 09:41:42 AM »
Tanya,

They are not worn over glasses but can be purchased with a rx.  I use glasses for reading so I haven't had to go that route yet.  Inga just posted on rx glasses with a moisture chamber.  Try searching Seefit.net on this site and see what it brings up.  It wasn't that long ago so probably only a few pages back.

Are you going to cauterize all four ducts?  In my one eye, I have plugs in upper and lower and next time am going to do this for both eyes.

Have you tried Lacriserts?  They are little pellets that can be inserted in eyes and produce an oily drop. 

Hope you get some relief soon.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Are you taking any fish oil capsules. A few of the people on this site have had improved moisture with these. Irish

LizPetillo

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 05:09:36 AM »
I hate hot weather but I'v found that the air conditioning now drys my lungs and makes things worse. I've been going without air conditioning this summer.  Oh well ..

DragonflyC

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 05:34:24 AM »
I wear regular sunglasses to shield my eyes, and I turn off the vents that are closest to my seat in the car.  The other vents still cool off the vehicle, but nothing blows directly on me.

inga

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 07:23:19 AM »
I had to go to moisture chamber glasses...I got a fairly stylish pair.  If you want more info, you can message me.

I am on Azithromycin drops with intermittent steroid drops.  Flaxseed or Fish Oil does help some.  I use tears and gel, as well.

Before I got the moisture chamber glasses, I could not drive.  The nice thing about these is I can take off the moisture chamber part and have very nice glasses....even with them on, they are not real obtrusive.  Downside...very expensive.  Upside, the company lets you try them first.  They send you a demo pair before you get a script pair.  I was very pleased.

navydad

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »
I hate the Air blowing on me,,, that sensation thing,, a gift of SFN,, of course anything touching me sets off teh same thing,,