Author Topic: How to improve your posting?  (Read 4086 times)

Joy Cox

How to improve your posting?
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:30:48 PM »
After posting, you can check your post and if you want to correct or add something here is how to.

Look at top of your post on site and there is a icon/blue box that says "MODIFY".
This gives you opportunity to add or take away wording, etc.

After you modify your post, scroll to bottom of post and hit the SAVE button.

Helps me PROOFREAD my posts as I have vision issues.  Good luck...give me a ((shout) if you like my idea.

SLEEPY101

Re: How to improve your posting?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:38:28 PM »
Thanks I never knew that. I somtimes see modification notes on the bottom of a post but I did not know what that meant.

LeoLady

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29:01 AM »
Thanks for the info, Joy.

Hugs,

LeoLady

ohiolady

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:49:14 AM »
Hey Joy, I've used it a number of times.  I don't have trouble seeing but do sometimes leave a word out or some typo.

Thanks,

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Elida

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 06:56:41 AM »
It is also possible to use a spell check before posting a post. I sometimes use it if my post come across as long. Then it is not so easy for me to see typos.

navydad

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »
truthfully I dont worry about my spelling,,, reserach says if you get the first and last letter right,, a person can read it,,,

navydad

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 11:56:24 AM »
oh great I was #13 in the poll,,, SIGH

Joy Cox

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 03:52:22 PM »

It is also possible to use a spell check before posting a post. I sometimes use it if my post come across as long. Then it is not so easy for me to see typos.

Yes, Elida, one can spell check before posting a post.  /EVEN ADD HAPPY FACES...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANY GOOD POLITICIAN VOTES FOR HERSELF/HIMSELF...RIGHT?  I DID, AND I'M THE ONLY ONE HAVING TROUBLE SEEING POST I AM COMPOSING.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS OF HOW TO COMPOSE POST IN LARGER FONT OR AS THIS ONE, BOLDER!!!!      J   :-*  Y
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:08:30 PM by Joy Cox »

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 07:47:49 AM »

TESTING  ok - I previewed and to make font bigger you click on the A with the vertical arrow box, highlight the words you want to resize and when the appears, you just change the number to the size you want.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Elida

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »
Well one thing is for sure, and that is that reading a post with several different sizes of the letters, and bold and normal letters all mixed together, that really makes me having trouble to read. Plain typing with as little fuzz as possible usually helps me to manage to read long posts. Even though I love emoticons, they are not too friendly for my vision when reading. I try to keep myself from using too many of them, as I think they're distracting my vision and actually makes me feel dizzy.

So to make it short, I don't read long posts with little open space between the text, filled with emoticons, and with a lot of different sizes and bold/normal text all put together. Dizzyness is a very big problem for me, and is not just related to rheumy issues. Like many of you, I have also other health issues to handle than those in the rheumy department, even they are bad enough alone. So when being on the net, I have to skip reading posts now and then because the text is so filled with "disturbances".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:36:23 AM by Elida »

lynnmarie219

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »
Scottie,

What was that first word you typed???  :o   I couldn't read it..... :D

Just teasing ya!

Joy Cox

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 03:56:15 PM »
 :)   Please go get her Lynn! Put her on her head just like Enore!  

I'm afraid she'll throw me off the site and life will be lonely without Sjogies!  ;)

Pretty please vote in the above poll.  :-*      Show we Sjoggies know how to have fun....  

Scottie, please notice this Sjogie found the Modify button! ;D   Now where do you find how to spell Sjoggie or is it Sjogie?  

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:13:29 PM by Joy Cox »

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 05:54:53 PM »
Lol Joy - that's one the spell check sure doesn't work on!!  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Suzie

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 11:52:50 PM »
Whoa, no more varying of font size in one message.

Makes me feel seasick.

So pick - big or small. But please, not both!

Elida

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 05:22:48 AM »
Well they had fun with this Suzie, I see the fun they have about this. However I'm gonna log off here without typing what I intended to. I wasn?t aware that a thread I wanted to check out where I have messages from before had this type of different font sizes. I am very dizzy and cannot type what I intended or read anymore n the net,

But I'm sure the gal's had fun!  ;D