Author Topic: I go out in the nasty 100 degrees and my fibro pain goes away.  (Read 2716 times)

Lesleybird

Hi,  I go outside and it is between 95 and 100 degrees here in Houston and my all over fibromyalgia/Sjogren's  body pain goes away....until I go back inside and my pain goes back up to a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale.
          What gives?? I wonder if the fibro pain is caused by the vascular tone problem in the Raynards? I don't know, when I take a hot shower the pain goes away until I get out of the hot water.

Anyone else like this ?                          Lesley

eyeamdry

Re: I go out in the nasty 100 degrees and my fibro pain goes away.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 01:11:00 AM »
Lesley, I am assuming when you go back inside you're going into air conditioning?  Even in Michigan we have it.  What I'm wondering is if the A/C is set to a low temp @65-70, perhaps the chill of this colder air sets off your pain?

I keep our A/C at a cold temp and I think it makes my pain worse, but I have horrible hot flashes and sweat one minute and then freeze.  We don't get much chance of 90 degrees here, but this summer has been pretty warm.

Why do you think going inside starts your pain going?  Lucy

SLEEPY101

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »
I am the opposite. My pain is so much worse in the heat. I get relief from the air conditioner and ice. Over Christmas time we were traveling and I soaked in the spa. I got so sick because of the heat. I think I am the odd one of the group:)

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:32:39 AM »
I am the opposite. My pain is so much worse in the heat. I get relief from the air conditioner and ice. Over Christmas time we were traveling and I soaked in the spa. I got so sick because of the heat. I think I am the odd one of the group:)
Last winter my 6 yr old played hockey so we were in the arena at least once a week. Of course the arenas are cold and I always felt better when I was in the arena and just after leaving.

I honestly have no idea why this is other than the fact that maybe because it is cold it is helping with the inflamation that I might have and making me feel better?

There is a fine line though......if I am outside in the winter and it is cold, my hands are freezing and they get so painful.

Interesting topic :)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »
Hi  :)

I can't take the heat these days at all. I'm not sure if I hurt more in the heat but I just feel bad in it. Hot sweats intensify. I've found that if I keep my feet cold - much colder than I once could tolerate - the burning sensations aren't so bad.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

inga

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »
I do better in warmth and sunshine, but I have PN.  Winter and darkness are very hard on me....that said, I do overheat easily.

navydad

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »
I look forward to Christmas like i lookk forward to having sharp sticks stuck in my eyes,, I hate cold,,, I have no idea how i;lm going to survive it,,, teh winter,,, I overheat,, but I do like the warm weather were having,, maybe a bit to hot,, but its better then freezing in 70 degree air,,, and I mean freezing,, touching things,,, burning feeling,, keeping gloves on top of the refirgerator to wear when I go in to get soemthing,, my family thinks i;m nuts,, they have no clue,,, thre really geting n my nerves,,,, 5 minutes with this crap and they would be trying to take the bridge

Lesleybird

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29:45 PM »
   I hate the heat too and am soaking wet outside when I am working in the garden and it is 95 degrees but my pain most of the time is a 4 to an 8 most of the time inside where it is 75 and it goes down to near zero when I am outside in the sweltering heat working in the garden.  Go figure.    Lesley

Pegasus47

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »
Leslie:

Wow, that is great. 

Yes, hot temperature submersion dilates the blood vessels, losen joints, relaxes muscles - all kinds of benefits.

We don't need the hot weather and humidity in Houston to do this, however.  A hot tub does a wonderful job.

Try it- I try to go to a hot tub every night before going to bed.

Pegasus

Joy Cox

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
    :D   I got out this p.m. on backside of house and fertilized our 6 tomato plants.  YES, Fibro symptoms and even OA  enjoyed the movement of body as if 'official exercising.'

:'(  Though peripheral neuropathy started itching just as soon as I got a little sun on back of neck. In places not even hit by sunlight.

:) Please send rain our way....  We're 10 inches below normal and already 43 days of 90 or above temp and we live in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.   

Gerty

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »
when its cold my fingers and toes are really cold I think they might fall off when its hot I can't stand it either I feel tired and run down most of the time bring on Mr in-between please