Author Topic: Sudden Weakness/Fatigue with Cold Sweats....anyone else?  (Read 7286 times)

Rhonda

Sudden Weakness/Fatigue with Cold Sweats....anyone else?
« on: July 21, 2010, 08:51:31 PM »
I hope everyone is doing well these days - well as well as we can with this dreadful disease.  Regardless, I am having several episodes of extreme fatigue/weakness associated with cold sweats and chills - to the point of having goose bumps.  These episodes happen fairly frequently when walking or doing any activity other than sitting in my chair.  I mentioned it to my rheumy who said it is a vitamin b12 deficiency, but I am getting  b12 injections weekly now and the episodes are still occuring.  Neurologist said it is just that I am "out of shape" and need to exercise more.  I am definitely out of shape and need to exercise more, but I don't think that is causing these episodes.  I get so weak I have to sit down.  I would blame it on menopause, but it happens only with activity, so I don't think it is that.   It is the weirdest feeling to be so weak I have to sit down, literally freezing, but breaking out in a sweat. 

Anyone????  I have to go to the Internist soon and want some "ammunition" to take with me.

Thanks in advance!

Rhonda

Re: Sudden Weakness/Fatigue with Cold Sweats....anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:04:40 PM »
I forgot to mention that I also have the strangest feeling in my muscles - almost like my skin is crawling and my muscles feel shaky... weird.  Thanks!

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:48:02 PM »
You may want to talk to your GP about your digestion not working properly so you can get a referral. I am sure s/he would be better equipped to help you Dx this challenge.

I find that if I take a couple of 222's (pain) at the onset I can side step the symptoms.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Bopeep

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:09:48 PM »
When you discover what it is let me know, you have just described me to a tee.

maybe its a flare up, who knows, Iv just about got to the stage where Im totally fed up.

I cant get out of the chair either and cant walk far any more but am hoping the new medication Im on is going to help.

Good luck

Billydude

• Primary Sjogrens with CNS involvement use Cellcept
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »
Rhonda....I had the same exact thing happen to me to a tee.  It happened for awhile but then stopped.  This was about 8 years ago and prior to my Sjogrens diagnosis.  I went to the doc and had every test imaginable for this but noone could ever figure it out.   I was relatively in shape and would walk an hour at lunch every day but halfway through the walk I'd have the exact same symptoms you were having.   Id have to sit down immediately and could barely make it back to the office.  It was a mystery and still is.

eyeamdry

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 01:38:45 AM »
Rhonda, I had this before my Sjs diagnosis, but after thought it was due to it.  I can remember sitting in a hard chair (like they have in schools) and listening to our President's speech one day for about 45 minutes.  Not really that long.  I got up and went out the door (right by my seat) and had to go up two flights of stairs.  Well, my legs were wobbly and feeling really weak--thank god I had the railing to hand on to.  Everyone else from the auditorium was trying to knock me down to get up the stairs first.  I didn't think about this much for awhile and maybe I didn't have it.  But then it started again and i've had it since before my dx.  If I'm riding in the car, I have to stand for 3 or 4 minutes for my legs to catch up.  Sometimes I will throw my husband under the bus because he always forgets this.  I can walk a mile (leisurely) so it's not muscle stress.

I have my rheumy trying to get some answers out of her.  I am afraid to go almost anywhere alone.  Rheum thought it might be small fiber neuropathy.  I see her in less than two weeks and I will ask to be ref'd to a different doc for that.  I'm notsure what kind of dr would do skin/muscle biopsies.  This is getting worse, but as I said after I'm warmed up, I can walk a mile at least.  So how can it be lack of exercise, or it's mostly after I'm sitting and stand up? 

Rhonda

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 05:42:42 AM »
Thanks everyone - I am sorry you are all having these symptoms, but I am thankful I am not alone.  The doctors are beginning to act as if I am nuts and one told me I read too much and find things to worry about.  Of all the nerve!!!! SOMEONE has to learn about this disease I said!  Regardless, the neurologist says I have small fiber neuropathy - maybe that is what this is?  I don't know - I wonder after reading your posts if we will find out what it is and what is causing it.  I wish I had the money to go to John Hopkins for a second opinion.  I am so frustrated with the doctors around here. 

Thanks again everyone.  Should I find out anything I will share with you all.  We have to help each other because sometimes it feels like we are the only ones who will! 

navydad

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 10:48:14 AM »
Rhonda, I had this before my Sjs diagnosis, but after thought it was due to it.  I can remember sitting in a hard chair (like they have in schools) and listening to our President's speech one day for about 45 minutes.  Not really that long.  I got up and went out the door (right by my seat) and had to go up two flights of stairs.  Well, my legs were wobbly and feeling really weak--thank god I had the railing to hand on to.  Everyone else from the auditorium was trying to knock me down to get up the stairs first.  I didn't think about this much for awhile and maybe I didn't have it.  But then it started again and i've had it since before my dx.  If I'm riding in the car, I have to stand for 3 or 4 minutes for my legs to catch up.  Sometimes I will throw my husband under the bus because he always forgets this.  I can walk a mile (leisurely) so it's not muscle stress.

I have my rheumy trying to get some answers out of her.  I am afraid to go almost anywhere alone.  Rheum thought it might be small fiber neuropathy.  I see her in less than two weeks and I will ask to be ref'd to a different doc for that.  I'm notsure what kind of dr would do skin/muscle biopsies.  This is getting worse, but as I said after I'm warmed up, I can walk a mile at least.  So how can it be lack of exercise, or it's mostly after I'm sitting and stand up? 
I really doubt its from lack of exercise,, a neuro would do the punch biopsy to look for SFN,, one lab in the country to send it too,, Therapath,, I know becasue I got a bill from them for a punch biopsy that I had way back in feb of 09,, insurance still refuses to pay,, if you have cold sensations in your legs,, or hot sensations,, trouble with clothese rubbing against them,, feet burning,,, this is all reltated to neuropathys,,
  my feet burn constantly,, legs burn,, cant wear jeans anymore,, the cloth feels like sandpaper,, trouble standing,, prob from fet burning,, now its in my arms and hands,, so much for my life,,

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
Dear Rhonda:

Weakness with cold sweat.  Yep, that's me.

And sweat dripping off my hair, suddenly, for no reason.

And a jillion other things, all bizarre and miserable.

Keep us posted!

Kisses

Carolina
Female-72-CVID-pSJS-IC-Periph.Neuro.-CAD-Osteoarthritis-Auto.Neuro-SFN-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's Blepharitis,Meniere's/Deafness-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Neurontin,Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Cymbalta-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-A Lipoic-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-Turmeric-Aleve-D3-Omega3

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »
 Well well what a weird lot we are here!
       My symptoms go the opposite way to Rhondas.

Whilst working and keeping busy I am hot, sit down I am cold and shivery!
            Once in bed I'm mostly good!    Dolly   

Rhonda

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 05:33:20 PM »
I am going to bring it up to my doctors.  NavyDad - I tend to agree with you and think that it is neurolgoical based.  Sometimes, I do have problems with clothes touching me... my family used to laugh when I would come home from work and strip down as far as I could while still being decent!  Now they understand.  I even have problems with my hair hurting - no lie....I was never tender headed - now - just having my husband run his fingers through my hair hurts. 

Nevertheless, I am bringing this up to my Internist.  I will let you all know if I find out anything.