Author Topic: Woke up with a swollen tongue,covered with sores  (Read 6681 times)

SLEEPY101

Woke up with a swollen tongue,covered with sores
« on: July 18, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »
My tongue hurts so back. What will releive it? Oral gell? Dont want to go to the store tonight is there any home remedies that help?

LizPetillo

Re: Woke up with a swollen tongue,covered with sores
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 04:28:01 AM »
Woke up with swollen tongue, covered with sores ... and WHITE.  That was what happened to me 3 months ago.  It hasn't gone away.  It still swells and unswells and is white and gets sores around the edges.

It's not geographic tongue.  At least mine isn't.  It isn't yeast.  4 tests and a tongue biopsy say it isn't. 

It's a freak'n mystery.  3 months later.  If YOU get a good diagnosis please let me know.  Every last stink'n doctor here says 'duh .. I dunno'' or gives me the wrong diagnosis.  Two kept saying GERD .. but with me that wasn't possible, I don't have any of the symptoms for it. 

In your case it could be an allergic reaction to a drug.  At the time mine started, I wasn't on anything to get a reaction to AND it's lasted 3 months.  A reaction would have been over by now. 

ruby52

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:41:31 AM »
It's a week and still the same for me.I'm miserable.Someone suggested prednisone might help but the Drs. have never suggested it before.It hurts to talk and eat.I'll wait it out I guess but I'll be watching for good solutions myself.Good luck to you.
                                                                       Ruby

Sweetgirl

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 06:54:48 AM »
Just gonna jump in here.  I went to see my Rheumy last week and told him again about tongue feeling swollen, burning and sores on the tip and edges.  He said he sees that a lot with SJS.  He said sometimes it is caused by yeast - thrush.  But because our mouths are so dry, it may not show up as typical thrush: white tongue.  He gave me a script for Nystatin which has a funky orange flavor and I am to "swish and spit" twice a day.   Have to say my tongue still has redness but the swelling and burning have gone down.   :P  Might be worth a try. 

Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

ohiolady

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 06:55:32 AM »
I just posted about Peroxyl Mouthwash this weekend.  It is very helpful in healing the mouth.  A white tongue can be from dryness or thrush?????  Thrush can be very painful but surely a doctor would diagnose.  If you have thrush, Nystatin mouth rinse which is prescription will take care of that.

Hope you guys feel better soon.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 07:33:34 AM »
Have you started any new ointments or meds?
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

SLEEPY101

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
My tongue is all better now. I think it may have been due to stress

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 05:14:42 AM »
Remember to breathe. Breathe in and think "I am", breathe out and think "calm"
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

SLEEPY101

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 05:19:34 AM »
Thanks Joe:) I really need to do that! I am in so much pain, havent slept and I am dreading the long day ahead. I will try to remember to breathe

LETITSNOW

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »
I suffer from the same problems. When I have bad flare ups this is what I do. I found it on a website.

Try using liquid Maalox (store brand works fine) swish it around and hold it in your mouth for about 30 seconds several times a day as needed and then swallow.

Also, in the Dairy section of your super market are some products called Yakult(not sure on the spelling) or Bio Salud! They are a liquid acidophilus try either one of these. I swish these around also and drink them. I always keep some on hand. I find them in the yogurt section at my local Walmart.

eyeamdry

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 02:42:21 PM »
I was thinking peroxide in a situation where nothing else was availab.e  It would clean your mouth out and maybe kill some of the germs. 

Pegasus47

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 05:08:04 PM »
This happened to me too. 

My doctor had the pharmacist make up a cream composite for the mouth - contains Clobetasol ( steriod).  It worked.  Responds to steriod treatment - topically.  A lot safe than oral

Pegasus