Author Topic: Delayed Healing  (Read 2145 times)

Wynter

Delayed Healing
« on: June 29, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »
Because of severe dry mouth it seems that I have a problem with delayed healing anyting I have a dental procedure. The tissues are already dry and painful, could that be the reason? Just wonder if anyone else had had this problem?

Cheryllcck

Re: Delayed Healing
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:58:43 AM »
I have a problem with delayed healing period. if I cut or bruise myself it takes a long time to heal. Especially on my legs and hands.

There is a medicine for dry mouth it's called Evoxac. Ask your doctor about it. It works great!!

Wynter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »
I have the opposite problem, the rest of my body seems fine. I already use Evoxac (spelling??) and limited results from it. Before my dry mouth became severe I didn't have this problem. I guess the tissues are already irritated and if they are cut, stitched, etc, it becomes worse.

ohiolady

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »
Wynter,

Yes, I find I need to space dental work out.  It is hard on my mouth and my lips.  I take my vitamin E stick along and apply whenever the dentist takes a break.  And, my tissues seem to take longer to heal.

Have you tried Peroxyl mouth wash.  I buy the sensitive one and it works well for irritations.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 04:07:29 PM »
ohiolady is the  peroxyl like it sounds, mostly peroxide? I know my dentist told me to swish peroxide in my mouth when I had a mouth ulcer. It worked well.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

ohiolady

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 04:32:19 PM »
Yes, it is mostly peroxide but has a pleasant flavor.  I use both but the mouthwash is more soothing and taste better. 

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

BonusMom

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 10:11:12 PM »
For mouth ulcers, my rheumy suggested swishing Pepto Bismol around my mouth a few times daily.

I've noticed that it takes a LONG time for any bruises to heal (and I bruise easily).  I guess that's why I got the nickname Lana Banana as a young girl-cause bananas bruise easily-hehehehe

gphx

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 11:10:25 PM »
Saliva has enzymes in it that keep the flora and fauna in your mouth balanced so the good guys do what they're supposed to and the bad guys don't get out of hand. These bacteria are somewhat like the intestinal bacteria people tend to with probiotics. Think of how a dog licks its wounds. It does so because its saliva contains compounds that promote healing. Take saliva away and we're left with the bad bacteria, no good guys and no beneficial compounds. For this reason people with less saliva and more prone to bacterial, fungal, and other infections which in turn delays healing. Rather than using harsh alcohol or peroxide based mouthwashes that wipe out good and bad bacteria across the board why not try the Biotene mouthwashes which contain the bioactive enzymes normally found in saliva? You'll be helping restore your body's own systems. Many people on this list have reported mouth issues have gone away not long after starting use of it. Not every single person gets results but this doesn't matter if you're one of the people who does.
Dxed unspecific 'sicca syndrome' eyes and mouth. Neuro issues, muscle weakness. SS Seronegative but high inflammatory markers. Diabetes dx 2010. Glucose control improved neuromuscular issues. Enlarged thyroid under observation 2013. Yippee.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 06:29:03 AM »
I have noticed that I have delayed healing in my feet.

I noticed that long before I ever noticed the PN, or had the diagnosis.

My circulation is fine, actually better than normal in my legs and feet.

And yet, just like diabetics with PN, my feet seem to heal very slowly.

I am careful to wear close toed sandals now.

But I still go barefoot in the house, and scrape a toes now and then (being ataxic and generally wobbly doesn't help with that).

I should probably always wear shoes in the house, too.

Slowly but surely I am changing my life to adjust and adapt.

Honestly, I think the delayed healing of every part is probably just part of the overall auto immune condition.

Best wishes for rapid healing.

Kisses

Carolina
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3