Author Topic: eye pain  (Read 1061 times)

lizzi

eye pain
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »

does anyone else suffer from painfull eyes? i have really dry eyes and nothing the gp gives me helps but i also have really bad stabbing

pains in them too,i am going to the eye hospital on 29th july but ive had the pains even before i was dx with sjorgrens,i am just in agony

every day

gphx

Re: eye pain
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
You might consider autoimmune uveitis, a chronic infection of the eyes present with many autoimmune conditions, as a possibility. It is often confused with optic neuritis which has similar symptoms but usually a more acute neurological cause.
Dxed unspecific 'sicca syndrome' eyes and mouth. Neuro issues, muscle weakness. SS Seronegative but high inflammatory markers. Diabetes dx 2010. Glucose control improved neuromuscular issues. Enlarged thyroid under observation 2013. Yippee.

Daisy1234

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
Hi Lizzi:
Have you had the Schrimers test done to determine exactly how dry your eyes are?  Both of my eyes rate 0 on the Schrimers test which is as dry as it gets. 

I would suggest that you see an opthamologist to determine what is causing your eye pain.  It could be extreme dryness or it could be something else.  In my case, before I knew how to take proper care of my eyes (I had just learned that I had Sjs) that my eyes were very very painful and I was experiencing alot of corneal ulcerations and abrasions.  Corneal abrasions and ulcerations are very painful and need proper medical treatment.  You could also have some other eye issue that is causing you pain.

As an aside,  is also vitally important to make sure you use the right combination of eye products to retain moisture in your eyes to the best extent possible if they are extremely dry as mine are.  Severely dry eyes can also be quite uncomfortable just on their own without any abrasions or ulcerations.    I hope you get the help you need as quickly as possible, one thing I don't do when it comes to my own eyes is procrastinate on getting appropriate treatment.  Vision is a very vital sense and needs to be taken care of.  Good luck.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »
I have nothing from the Dr but Reiki helps.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

kwolfsheimer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »
I have also noticed stabbing pains in my eyes and i do think it relates to how dry my eyes are.  lizzi-- i hope you can find out what this is.

harlin

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »
Lizzi
I am not having stabbing pains, just burning, burning, burning. I have had my lower ducts cauterized and use Restasis twice a day along with Gentel severe drops. Still burn.
I am sorry you are having so much trouble. Hopefully the eye dr can help you.

hugs, harlin
Female 56
RA, Sjogrens, Fibromyalgia, Reynolds, Osteoarthritis
IBS, Gerd, Restless leg syndrome
Plaquinel, Methotrexate, Horizant, Folic Acid, Savella, Nexium, Vitamin D, Flexiril, Actenel, Rastasis, Gentel,

LeoLady

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 03:19:19 AM »
Hi Lizzi:

I'm so sorry you are having painful eyes.  Last week when I woke up, I couldn't get my left eye open, so I used my fingers to pry it open.  BIG mistake.  I felt a stabbing pain and it lasted for days.  I guess it was completely dry and when I pulled it open it hurt the cornea.  Everytime I blinked the pain would just shoot through my eye. 

I used Systane night gel all day and night for 3 days and it has partially healed.  Of course I couldn't see much with the gel in, but it helped sooth the owie.  I continue to use Restasis and Systane Ultra everyday as well.

Suggestion:  Please consider going to the Profile and updating yours by listing your dx, medications, etc. in the Signature section.  It really helps everyone to see what you have and what you take so they can offer advice, comparisons, etc.

Thank you.   :)

lizzi

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 05:38:14 AM »

thanks everyone for your replies xx