Author Topic: A Good Day all around  (Read 1578 times)

eyeamdry

A Good Day all around
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »
Today was supposed to be rainy off and on all day.  It did rain in the morning.  We were invited by a young neighbor couple to a potluck cookout and they have a nice above ground pool. We didn't know anyone but the hosts.  Most of the guests were our daughters age with children around 4-10.  I'm not used to being around young uns, but I thought I'd give it a try, after all I just had to go across the street to go home.

I spent probably an hour an half in the pool with half dozen little ones and their tubes and so forth.  Their parents were right there on watch and taking care of them.  I didn't hear one fight, or scream, or hollering of any kind.  I began to enjoy myself and I have a new bff, a skinny little 6 year old girl.  She played with me on and off until one of the kids got her attention.  LOL.  After that, I got out of the pool and dried off.

The dishes were put out, hot dogs and burgers on the grill and the best array of potluck I've ever had.  I didn't even taste everything.  After that, I was beginning to get tired and told the couple that we were gping to take a nap and maybe be back for a bonfire later.  I hit the couch from 6-9 and never made it back, but I had a wonderful time.  I must get to know this couple and their relatives better.  I might even get to tolerate young uns.  These were the best.  I saw a couple of people with beer, but no loud talking or dirty jokes etc (with decent parents around kids). I'm ready for a shower and bed.  OH, the weather was beautiful all day and night.  Lucy

harrigan

Re: A Good Day all around
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:25:44 AM »
Oh Lucy what a lovely day you had!  So glad you enjoyed the pool and the company.  You described it all so well I could almost imagine being there with you, and I'm sure that nap at the end of it all was wonderful!  I'm glad you've discovered you have lovely neighbours!

When I was a new mum, living away from family on the west coast of Cumbria, my closest friend was Muriel next door. There was 40 years between us but I loved to listen to her stories and her advice on bringing up a family, cooking and getting jobs done with a little one kept me sane!  I'm sure your young neighbours will have loved you being there as much as you enjoyed it. XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Blue Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:56:12 AM »
Sounds like you had a fun day, indeed!   :)

lynnmarie219

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:19:51 PM »
Sounds like a great day Lucy...thanks for sharing it here with us!

And yes...these definitely sound like neighbors you may want to get to know better....they sound like very nice people!

Madderakka

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »
That sounds like such a nice afternoon. I'm glad you got to relax and enjoy yourself.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »
Lucy,

What a nice way to spend your Saturday!   ;D  Were any of the other guests neighbors too?

Potluck's always seem to have the best food . . such a variety and you can sample a little bit of everything.    :D  We have a potluck coming up on the 4th of July . . . . hmmmmm, what to take, what to take??  Did you take your deviled eggs to this party?  I'm deviled eggs out . . I always take them.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

eyeamdry

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »
I took the deviled eggs in my pretty new $4 Walmart carrier and they were the first thing gone.