Author Topic: Update on abnormal brain scan  (Read 844 times)

Tinker

Update on abnormal brain scan
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:59:44 PM »
I should be jumping for joy, as the the radiologist saw nothing.  But it doesn't really make sense.  On the first scan, he saw greater intensity in the extra-axial dura area, and ordered contrast.  Now, the same radiologist says he sees nothing. 

HUH?  Well, am I being a little hypochondriacal, or does that not make sense?  Where did the first lesion go?  And what did it mean?

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.  TY ??? ??? ??? ???

anita

Re: Update on abnormal brain scan
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
I would guess the radiologist ordered the contrast to simply view that area of intensity with more detail.  It was probably minimal to begin with and the contrast was just to confirm that there was nothing abnormal.  Sounds like you should not need to worry any more.
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

Tinker

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:31:15 PM »
Hey Anita,
Thanks for your reply.  I read a little more on the net about spots on MRI's and I think I'll do exactly as you suggest.  I'm gonna just hold off worrying until I see the dr. on June 9 and ask her then. 

It's probably nothing....the radiologist isn't concerned so I'm shelving it.  Too much else is going on.  Thanks , Anita. 

mac

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:28:15 AM »
Ah Tinker,
So glad they found nothing!  SOmetimes shadows do need a recheck.  We will worry after the 9th if Dr tells you something is going on.  Let's be thankful for the break, no matter how long it lasts!  They seem to be few and far between.

Tinker

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
Thanks, Mac ;D