Author Topic: Question on ANA diagnosis  (Read 1568 times)

akzlove

Question on ANA diagnosis
« on: May 21, 2010, 05:51:57 AM »
Good Morning,
This is all new to me and let me first say how strong and wonderful you all are. I am in the process of finding out if I have lupus or Sjogren's, there is a family history and I will be number 9 with one or both. My blood work came back with a word that my GP did not know and I asked the Health Educator at the Lupus Foundation and she did not know either. So that brings me to all of you. Here are my results: ANA                           positive
                              ANA titer                     >1:640
                              ANA pattern                homogeneous
                              ANA titer 2                  1:320
                              ANA pattern 2              coilin antibodies

rheumatoid factor        <7.0                          0.0-14.0 (IU/ML)
                              TSH                             2.0                           0.27-4.20 uIU/ML
                              albumin                        5.1                           3.4-4.8 G/DL
                              alkaline phosphatase     119                           35-104 IU/L
                              Bilrubin total                 1.1                           0.2-1.0 MG/DL

Ok so any ideas what the coilin is I found a test called p-80 that tests for proteins that cause autoimmune hepatitis - which I learned is another name for my fatty liver that I have had since I was 17. Any help would be wonderful.                   

inga

Re: Question on ANA diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 07:24:37 AM »
I can't help you on the coilin antibodies.  Sorry.  I know nothing of them.  Your bilirubin is up slightly.  I imagine they tested you for Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, which is an autoimmune liver condition linked to SjS.  Maybe you can call the lab that did the work to find out what 'coilin' is.