Author Topic: Mayo Update  (Read 17594 times)

jstroble

Re: Mayo Update
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 06:52:57 AM »
Count  me in as one of those rooting for you too.  I am so hoping that you can get some answers. 

Hugs to you and your wife. 

Joyce

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 07:11:23 AM »
Navydad . . . glad to read your post and know that you are in the hands of the wonderful people at Mayo Clinic for the next several days.

The people at Mayo might be happy to have a male "specimen" with Sjogren's - since, as you know, the vast majority of people with Sjogren's are female.  Believe it or not, we are wired differently.  LOL   ::)  I do hope that you can be as descriptive as you can be when you describe the aches and pains you have been dealing with.   Guys tend to downplay their pain.  Although, from reading your posts these past few years, I think you will do just fine letting them know how it feels.   ;)

Do try and get out and see some of MN while you are there.  Just a word of caution . . . Minnesota's state bird is the mosquito!!   :o   ::)

Keep us updated when you get a chance.  Wishing you all the best.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Cricket

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 08:14:14 AM »
Navydad
I am so glad to hear that you made it to Mayo, I pray that they will be able to give you some answers and some treatment to ease your pain.

Just remember you are not on this journey alone, we are all with you in spirit. 
Stay strong
Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

sugarbugar

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
Navydad,

I am so happy you're there and I pray they have answers!  You sound optimistic and that's great!  I hope and pray you and your wife can enjoy your time some out there!  Can't wait to hear your updated posts on this journey and pray it's with good news and a chance to get some life back! 

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »
  Navy Dad, so pleased to read your post today,

It sounds a great place to be when one is so sick.

Your post sounded more positive today, and I'll be praying that you will be more so as the days go on.

Lovely to hear that your dear wife managed to get away with you too.

All  of us here are with you in spirit and prayers  each day.     Bless you, Dolly 

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »
enjoy the cold damp wile you are here.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

jaygee

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »
I really hope you can get some answers, navydad.  You are with the experts.  God bless.  xx

navydad

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »
enjoy the cold damp wile you are here.
It is definately cold and damp,, its drivingme cray,,,

navydad

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »
Will give update on today later on,, it was exhausting,, my wife dragging me to all the apoitments,, but this place is amazing,, and the equipemtn they have is light years ahead of anything probably any of us have ever seen,, but i;ll post later on what happened today

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 03:16:37 PM »
navydad, I just got back on line after another computer glitch. I am thrilled that you got to go to Mayos. If nothing else the trip was a good get a way for you and your wife.

I am like all the rest here. Praying and waiting for some news from you and hopefully a chance for some treatment to help you feel better. Irish ;D

P.S. I live in Minnesota not far from Mayos and it is beautiful country---and yes, it can get cold here!!!! But you should have seen how cold it got back in the late 70's-early 80's. This is wimpy weather these past winters.

harlin

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 05:04:07 PM »
Navydad
We are all so happy that you are finally in a place that hopefully can help you with some answers. I think we are all watching and waiting so maybe we can get some answers too.
We are all praying for you to make it thru the battery of tests that you have to endure.
Best wishes to you and your wife.
We are all sending many hugs to you. Hang in there. It will be worth it!

harlin

BonusMom

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 05:49:28 AM »
I am hopeful that you will finally get some answers and solutions for your health issues, navydad.  It's the unknown that makes us crazy!

bjnc

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 06:59:23 AM »
Navydad,

Just letting you know that I, too, am praying for you and thinking about you, with great hopes that you will come away with some answers and good treatment plan.

Becky
Female 56, diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 1986; also have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (in my case, a combination of Lupus and Sjogren's), Grave's Disease. Remicade, (a biologic for Ps. Arthritis), Arava, Cymbalta, Evoxac, Trazodone, Synthroid; Miralax

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 07:20:37 AM »
Dearest Navydad,

Log on every morning, thinking of you and hoping for some news from you.

This is so exhausting for you...................

We are all in your corner, and prayers and love go out to you from all sides.

We start our trip East today, but there is supposed to be wireless at every hotel, so I'll be looking for news every day.

All love and kisses,

Carolina
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

bloodless

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 09:09:27 AM »
I'm glad they are treating you well. I am so looking forward to hearing your results. Crossing my fingers. Stay warm.
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD