Author Topic: At Work Today-UPDATE  (Read 7761 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: At Work Today-UPDATE
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 10:32:51 PM »
I know I am probably just being a mental pain right now, but I can't seem to get my fever down. I got a rocephen shot plus augementin, and using everything else. I don't usually have a fever above 99 . But, it keeps staying at 100.4, and on its way up.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Reanne

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 04:38:21 AM »
Susan,

I am so sorry for everything you have been through lately.  I think the stress adds to the illness.  Hang in there girl.  Did the doctor say to come back in if you didn't get better?

susanep

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »
My fever finally broke this morning. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. I will go in to work tomorrow. I only have the rest of this week, and we are out for the summer. I never ever have missed during the last week of school. My body does what it wants when it wants, so it's not like I had a say so over this.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Katybarstool

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 07:28:24 AM »
Hi Susan

I've been offline for a week or so, so missed all your posts until today. How are ou feeling now?IS school over for the summer? How's our husband doing?

Hugs
Kathyx

Patze

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 09:13:35 AM »
Hi Susan,

I'm with Kathyx, how are you doing?  How is the hubby doing as well?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

lynnmarie219

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »
Hi Susan,

How did the rest of your week go? Are you out for the summer now?

Let us know how you are doing...Ive been thinking about you!   

beverley

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
Dear Susan,

Have just caught up with this thread and am horrified by what you have been going through.  I know first hand what a spiral of despair you can get into and how this in turn has a dreadful impact on your health.  It must be even worse with your husband poorly as well and all the extra stress about medical charges etc.  I really hope that you are able to sort out your employment or retirement.  I have been lucky.  I am now able to take voluntary redundancy and then a reduced pension from September because I am retiring three years early.

Retiring on disability as a teacher in the UK is quite tricky.  You have to provide lots of evidence and prove you couldn't work in anything - not just teaching.  That would be very difficult as I am not on full pension anyway and have to work.  I imagine you are in a similar situation.  Would your pension be reduced?

I am thinking of you Susan and hoping that you feel a lot better and clearer about your future soon.

Best wishes,

Beverley 

livewssj

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 02:03:37 PM »
Hi, I have also been through this over the past 6 yrs and lost jobs... from missing too many days and being sick.Not knowing I had sjs until 6 months ago.
I finally filed for disability...
I also tried to ask for accomodations and they did not give it to me.. i was let go at the end of the year instead.
I continued working and looking for work every time I lost a job. I needed to take care  of my son and he depends solely on me.
I realized now that I have ahard time cooking,clean, food shopping,driving etc....
I cannot handle a job anymore..
All the pain and symptoms are just debilatating.
Hope and pray that God will work something out!

susanep

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 04:07:33 AM »
I am so sorry, but just today seen there were more kind posts on this thread. You have been a great help, and very kind. I am out for the summer, and never made it back to school the last week. I have been sick since then.

I pretty much plan on filing for disability. I just can't continue on. I have to believe it will somehow work out. I don't know how we will get any medical care until approved. If I continued what I have at work, there would be no money to live on.

susanep

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 05:40:06 AM »
OMG Susan!

I am just reading about this.   I want to go to your school and knock some heads together.

And ALSO tell some idiots that they are on very very thin ice, legally, ethically, and morally with this sort of harassment of a person who is sick!

Teaching is THE MOST EXHAUSTING and stressful job in the world (well maybe there are a few worse, but not as common as teaching).

I went back to school and got an MBA, because as much as I loved teaching, and as fantastic as I was as a teacher, it was a killer in terms of stress and just plain physical exhaustion.   And this was when I was in my 20's, 40 YEARS before Sjogren's.

Funny thing is, I wound up teaching at a college at the very end, going from administration to both administration and faculty to please my boss, the president of the college, and THEN doing all of that AND starting up a new program at a new campus!   

But I never ever ever could have done ANY of that now, with my hyperactive Sjogren's, Interstitial Cystitis and Peripheral Neuropathy.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Kisses

Carolina
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3