Author Topic: At Work Today-UPDATE  (Read 7947 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: At Work Today
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 06:59:35 AM »
{{{Susan}}},

What a way to ruin your work day, isn't it?!  I agree with Ailsa, that was really unfair that they caught you off guard to bring this subject up.  I would definitely get my medical information together and have it all ready.

I know this school year has been a challenging and difficult one for you. 

Best wishes as you go through the channels of defending your job while dealing with a chronic illness.

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: At Work-Today Update
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 08:04:07 PM »
Friday I seen the high up person. Actually me, and my husband both. She was very supportive. She laid out the future at school how it was going to become even more stressful after one more year, but that whatever I decide she supports me.

She recommended after my asking her, that this week I call a number and find out what  I could expect if I retired normally or with disability. I felt better after meeting with her, and so did my husband. I also was honest with her too about my sjogren's and how ill I am.

At this time, we plan for me to work one more year, and then retire if we can manage. This might sound strange, but just knowing that makes me feel better.

Just thought I would update.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

eyeamdry

Re: At Work Today-UPDATE
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 09:24:21 PM »
Susan, thanks for the update.  Be glad you have a union (if they're of real help) and knowing a bit of the future can make things feel better, even it it's still a way off.  I'd like to say to remember though, not to say too much to others, they are not always your ally.  Usually they are not.  Lucy

susanep

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 10:56:49 PM »
Lucy yes I know what you mean, and my mother says that too. I have in the past found that out the hard way. I have always been too trusting.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

harrigan

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 01:01:31 AM »
Glad you feel a little bit better and have some options to look into. Take care XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

susanep

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
I am at home so sick today. Wheezing, coughing, sharp pains when I swallow, etc. I am sure this is going to go over great when I go in tomorrow. I am so tired of being persecuted for being sick. Just so tired of it. When I slept, I kept dreaming about someone coming at me, because I was home sick. That is just no kind of life.

susanep

Rhonda

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 11:32:44 AM »
Hugs Susan.   I understand what you ar going through.  Get the FMLA paperwork - it helps.  I did and am now filing for disability - life is too short to spend it so miserably.  Most people do not understand the fatigue we feel, much less the other symptoms...  Hang in there.  Know we are all here for each other.  Good luck.

harrigan

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 01:31:42 PM »
Susan, you need to rest to get over this infection, without feeling persecuted even in your sleep! Poor you.  It is clearly upsetting you if your dreams are filled with images like that. Hope you can call in all the support you can from Union and medical experts.  Hugs XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Harmony

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »
Hi Susan,

So sorry you are having to deal with this. (Touchless Hug). Please think about the FMLA as others have posted. I had no support from my employer concerning my illness and I worked for the Chief of Neurology at a major hospital!!!! It literally only took two days from start to finish as far as being accepted for FMLA.

Good luck to you.

Harmony

bjnc

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 02:39:07 PM »
I'm praying for you, Susan.  Please keep us posted.  Take care of yourself, and allow your body the rest that it needs right now.

Becky
Female 56, diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 1986; also have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (in my case, a combination of Lupus and Sjogren's), Grave's Disease. Remicade, (a biologic for Ps. Arthritis), Arava, Cymbalta, Evoxac, Trazodone, Synthroid; Miralax

Patze

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 06:37:04 PM »
Hope you feel better Susan!!!  And here's sending you some giant soft hugs my friend....

Take care of yourself -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

susanep

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »
Thank you everyone. I won't be going in tomorrow. I have a sub. My temperature has been over 100. I  have taken a breathing treatment.  I won't die for them. Can the FMLA help with what I have already missed or do I have to file it first, and then if I need it?

susanep

eyeamdry

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »
I don't think it can go retroactive, but the sooner you get the paperwork, the better.  Then they know you're looking out for yourself.

Harmony

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »
Susan,

It is not retro-active. Take care.

Harmony

susanep

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »
Me and my husband both went to the doctor today. We both are sick. They took my temp and it was 101.4 , and it still is. They did give us both one of those strong shots, plus prescriptions. My husband went to the pharmacy just to find out on his, he was cut off his medical help as of yesterday.

He has some calls to make tomorrow. Pray for him too. This whole thing is not fun, but I know we are not the only ones going through it. What will be will be. God's Will Be Done.

Thanks Everyone for your sweet hugs, kind thoughts, prayers, and lots of encouragement.
And, BACK AT YA!

susanep