Author Topic: NEW 10 minutes/30 Day Commitment starts May 5th  (Read 28530 times)

Katybarstool

Re: NEW 10 minutes/30 Day Commitment starts May 5th
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 01:41:59 PM »
Mrs Bucky - THANK YOU!!!

I'm in  :)

Kathyx

ruby52

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »
I enjoyed reading about everyone last time and liked the fresh air so I'm in again.
                                                 Ruby

syng4hym

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »
I'm in.  It would do me good to get out in the fresh air 10 minutes a day.  

Simon

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »
i will join also, I always am outside, 4 horses chickens 2 cats 1 dog and 10 acres, that my therapy, they need me and I need them to keep me sane (at least somewhat). I grow my vegetables and ride my horses even if it kills me trying , sometimes I think I am in denial of how bad I feel some days, but I wont let it stop me as long as I can I will keep moving! I pray that the good Lord lets me. Blessings to everyone.

Nans

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »
Me too!  We still have the livestock and the garden needs to be planted and tended to so 10 minutes will be a piece of cake!

jessica1104

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
Sounds good, often I keep in but this will motivate me to get out

genko_b

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »
I'm there Bucky. In fact, you may need to start another thread to get me inside from time to time, now that the garden is in high season.

Genko

Epson

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »
Now that I found a heart medication that slows my heart down I have been walking from 3 to 8 miles a day.  Some days it's a slow walk because of chest pains, foot pain, knee, well you guys know what I mean.  I usually break the walking up in two sessions and never walk when the sun is a it's peak.

Nothing beats a walk late at night or very early morning, the stars are so bright and all you hear is owls, frogs and kildeer.  I only wish that my joints weren't so tender, but if I stop moving the rust will set in, so all we can do is push ourself.

I found some shoes that help relive some of the stress on my feet and ankles and give them a good soak every night.  If I didn't have a dog I don't think I would be as motovated, but seeing the joy in her eyes every time I grab the leash is most motivating.
She even knows when I'm having a bad day and slows down to my pace, maybe she can hear my heart or creaky bones.

proudmom

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 09:09:22 PM »
I am in. It will make my kids and my dogs happy.  :)

Shashi11962

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »
Count me in too!

BonusMom

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 01:50:30 AM »
I'm all in!

navydad

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 06:12:52 AM »
I been out chasing turkeys the past few days,,, so I;m getting a bit more then the 10 minutes, but I;m paying for it,, dragging a camo coat full of calls, shells,, candy water,, and coming home exhausted and out of my mind with confusion

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 06:23:09 AM »
Day 1

Happy Wednesday to you all.     Today starts Day 1 of our 30 day commitment to being outside for at least 10 minutes each day.  We have 27 members who are joining us on our little 30 day adventure.  To those of you who are new to this journey and those who are returning from our fall journey . . . welcome, welcome, welcome.   ;D

Each day I will post after my 10 minutes outside.  I will also include a closing thought taken from books, magazines, etc. that I have come across.

I hope you enjoy your 10 minutes outside each day - there is a lot happening outside your front door in the great outdoors.  For those of you wondering, yes, being outside for daily chores counts as time outside.      

I'm taking some thoughts from Day 1 that I posted back in October 2009 - they still apply today.  "Today as I was spending my time outside I thought about Sjogren's World and all the people who have "discovered" this site (myself included).  We come from around the world with different backgrounds, different circumstances, different health issues.  As different as we all are . . . yet, we're all alike.  We are trying to live our lives the best we can with the heath issues that have come into our lives.  Are there days we feel like we can't handle one more diagnose, one more doctor, one more setback?  Sure.  There are also days when you don't physically hurt "as much" and you almost feel "normal" (whatever normal is  ).  Cherish those days.  

I'm really excited that you have "chosen" to come on this 30-day commitment with me.  That's the beauty of Sjogren's World . . we're not on this journey alone if we reach out to each other.  Nobody understands what we're going through more than each of us here.  I hope today is a good one for you.  I look forward to checking back in with you tomorrow."

Today as I spent my time outside I was listening to all the different birds chirping, squawking (crows), geese honking.  The other day my son was commenting on the time he was up really early in the morning sitting in his hunting blind.  He said when he sat there in darkness, all was quiet.  As the sun started to rise, all of nature was waking up too.  He could hear all the birds - much like I heard them this morning - squirrels jumping in the trees, a rabbit hopping in the distance.  I like to watch the sunrise as it peeks through the horizon and trees - my son does too.   ;D

I hope you find your 10 minutes outside to be a refreshing time for YOU.  Like my quote below, we need to put ourselves as a priority.  I know for myself, I tend to take care of everyone else's needs before my own.  When in reality, we should move ourselves to the top of the list, to refresh our batteries - so to speak, so we'll be able to help everyone else.  It makes sense.   ;D

Have a great day . . . . I'll see you tomorrow.   :D

Bucky

"Before I can take good care of anything or anyone, I must first take good care of my self."          Spencer Johnson, M.D.

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 08:23:48 AM »
Thanks, Bucky, that quote really got to me, and I started my 30 days by weeding part of my perennial bed!
I wasn't sure I'd be able to join you all this time around...this is prime blackfly season here, and that usually means hiding in the house for me, or doping out on antihistamines and suffering the additional dryness. The first thing I did today when I went out was to install the bug zapper, and since it's hot enough here today to keep the bugs lazy, I was safe!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

ruby52

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »
I started out my Commitment day with using the rake to scratch up the soil to plant grass seed in the patchy yard but it took two attempts before I gave up discouraged.After reading through here I realize the point isn't what work I can't get done but that I take the time to enjoy the nature around me.Thanks for reminding me of what's really important.I'm going to go back and start over by soaking in the healing breeze.
                                                            Ruby