Author Topic: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .  (Read 17599 times)

LeoLady

Re: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2011, 02:08:26 AM »
Bucky:

I can relate!  I was talking about having a garage sale and couldn't find my price stickers either.  Then, I had my grandkids help me and sure enough, they found them.

I put them on the computer desk so I could find them the next morning.  When I got up the stickers were gone!  I crawled upstairs (I always have to crawl) to ask the kids where they were and found my 5-year old grandson had been "stickering" everything in his room.  So...now I hafta go buy some more.  Kids!  Can't live with them, can't kill 'em!

Best of luck with your hunt!

Hugs,

LeoLady  (Melinda)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »
LeoLady - ugh, I feel your surprise when you track down your price stickers all over your grandson and room!   :o  KIDS!!

I finally bit the bullet and reprinted a bunch of price stickers today so I can quit wasting my valuable time looking for them.   ::)

THEN . . . . I followed a helpful suggestion from Linda, and put the "extra" price stickers back into the label box.  I also affixed a post-a-note on the front of the box, price stickers inside!!  Hopefully, this will help the next time I'm hunting high and low for my stickers!!

I've started pricing items this afternoon - but, now I can't find my clear little box of white labels w/strings attached that I use for jewelry and items I want to hook together without using tape.   ::)  The box isn't in the "normal" place where I keep my garage sale stuff (ya know, like the disappearing price stickers too!!) .  Somebody is messing with me!!   ;)

They'll show up eventually - AFTER my sale is over!!   ::)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »
Looks like I'm still playing this game of hide and seek.   ;)

Today, I'm looking through some birthday cards I got last month for my birthday - looking for the winning scratch-off lottery ticket I had, so I can cash it in.  Found the ticket . . . AND . . . $25 in the envelope.   ;D  I don't remember getting the $25 - but, obviously it's mine, so WOOHOO!!  What a nice surprise!

If you read through this post from the very beginning, you will see that I often find "forgotten" money in cards.  When I need some money, that's the first place I look.   :D

Oh, and in reference to the previous post from May 22 - guess what?  I found the wayward envelope of price stickers and the white labels w/string as I was setting up my garage sale.  They were sitting in a box on a office chair that was sitting in the garage.  There was a rug laying across the top of it and I never bothered to move the rug until I was setting up my sale.  Da ta . . . there they were!!   :)   I knew they'd show up eventually.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Katybarstool

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »
Well done Mrs Bucky!

How are you going to spend the money?

Kathyx

Patze

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2011, 10:11:53 AM »
Hey Bucky, I would like a root beer float please, extra ice cream if you please! ;) :D 

Congrats on your windfall and glad that you've found the stickers too!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Luna

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2011, 07:59:50 AM »
I just loved this one. I read every one in this post. THank you for reassuing me that I am not alone in this hide and seek game. THe other day I was looking for the car titles. I always keep important stuff in one of three places. Well, I guess I didn't put it in either. Cannot find them. BUt found a bill I needed to pay. Once I quit looking for the titles. I wnet fot the bill and it was lost. I tore up this house looking for it. Still havent found it. I had to call the people for the amount I owed. I have lost so many things. I found my one of my sons birthday gifts I forgot to give him. His birthday was this past march. I went ahead and gave it to him cause I was afraid if I saved it for christmas, I would forget it again. LOL..
Items like home decor and jewelry, clothes, and stuff like that is fun to finally find. LIke someone said already, its like a new gift cause you forgot you had it.  :D
I have not forgotten food from the drivethrough or bags in the store yet. BUt I do forget what I leave the house for sometimes. Thanks for the laugh and the feeling of belonging.

Luna
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:03:00 AM by Luna »

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 11:50:03 AM »
Kathyx - I'm not sure what I'm going to spend my money on yet.  I'm a "saver", so I'll just hang on to it for a while until I see something I "want".   ;)  I like to hit the clearance sales at the end of the season or after a holiday - maybe, I'll use it then.

Patze - root beer float . . yum!  Come on over, I'll treat!   ;D

Luna - isn't it so frustrating when you "find" something, and then turn around and lose it again?!   ::)  That happens to me a lot!

I'm still trying to figure out a sure-proof (if there is such a thing) system so I always put things I want to remember in the same place.  So far, I haven't come up with that plan yet.  I can't seem to settle on one place.

I do keep all the bills that need to be paid in one spot and I check it often.  I have to be sure when the mail comes that I sort it and put it in that spot or it can get buried under the pile of papers.  Ugh!

Some of the really important papers - vehicle titles, birth certificates, house papers, etc., are in our safe deposit box at the bank.  I know where I "hide" the safe box key, so I'm pretty safe in that respect to be able to get to the important papers I need, when I need them.

One things for sure . . . I DO remember where I put my artificial fruit - it's still in the tea cart where I put it last November.   ;D

Bucky

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
This is a great thread! But Bucky, I must know --- did you ever find your fruit?
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Patze

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »
No problemo Bucky!  Will be over soon!! :D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »
A66eyroad - yes, I did!   ;D  You can read about it on page #3 of this thread, it's reply #33.

Bucky

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2011, 02:13:58 AM »
My latest "seeking" adventure is under way. I cannot find where I hid my personal checkbook.  I have a small checking account under just my name that I used when I sold Avon years ago.

I get this bank statement this week and I've been charged $5 for an inactive account.  Grrrrrrrr  (I guess you have to have some activity within a year, or they charge you a service fee.)

Well, this is a monthly service fee, so I better find the checkbook quickly so they don't take another $5 from the account.

I've spent several hours over the last two days hunting for it.  No luck.   :(  I know it didn't just up and walk away . . . . it's here somewhere!   :-\

That's probably why I've been awake since 3 a.m. - trying to figure out where is this checkbook?!?   ???

The hunt is on . . . . .

Bucky

Narablueeyes

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »
I just tossed a handful of store tags from my online shopping expedition in the terlit.  /:-I

This brain fog is going to be the literal end to my sanity, or what's left of it.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
Good to see this thread up and about again. I have to admit that I have been having the brain fog since in my 20's and it has driven me to distraction. Thankfully, it has been intermittant overy the years though more common now.

One thing I have learned to do when baking a cake is to sit down in the kitchen by the stove and read til it gets done. When it is in your face you don't forget it as easily. If I would go in the other room I could find myself wandering off on another errand and I have burned a few items that way. Need to stay close til it is done.

Setting timers is good!! When I get a bill I write the check and put it in the envelope and place it in my one and only place to pay bills--on the counter next to my purse in stick it just inside the purse so I know to mail it when I go to town. I used to set aside the bills and then they would go into another pile and get lost.

I also have learned that I pile all mail together until I have a chance to go through it when I have time and when my brain is in forward motion. The junk mail is just a terrible distraction to me. I have gotten so I open every junk mail also as some of the "good" mail will look like junk and I have almost thrown it away. There are so many traps to go wrong for people like us.

I have a basket where I put all the envelopes and important stuff that needs to be filed. With all the planning I do to keep things in order my husband will still say "do you remember where you put such and such"???? These are words I hate to hear cause most of the time I can remember seeing "such and such" but have to spent a few days chasing it down.

The important thing to remember during these crises is that in this day and age when we are all on the "information highway" and "enlightened" to the nth degree, there are probably very few normal people that can keep up with the barrage of paper. Sooo, maybe we aren't as bad off as we think we are!!! Irish ;D

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2011, 01:38:04 PM »
I have spent the entire day looking and still have not found my checkbook.   :(

I just can't think of where I put it.  I've looked at all the "usual" places I might have put it and it's not there.

If somebody is hiding it on me . . . I give up, you're gonna have to show me where it is!!    ???

I would say I'm done looking for it today - but, in reality . . . I'll keep on looking.  This is driving me nuts!   ::)

Detective Bucky (who is not having much luck on this mission)

Narablueeyes

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
I have spent the entire day looking and still have not found my checkbook.   :(

I just can't think of where I put it.  I've looked at all the "usual" places I might have put it and it's not there.

If somebody is hiding it on me . . . I give up, you're gonna have to show me where it is!!    ???

I would say I'm done looking for it today - but, in reality . . . I'll keep on looking.  This is driving me nuts!   ::)

Detective Bucky (who is not having much luck on this mission)

My usual looking places:  fridge, bathroom, car.