Author Topic: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .  (Read 16588 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2011, 04:07:39 PM »
On a good note . . . today in the mail I get a belated Birthday card and check from my Dad.   ;D  Three months late . . but, hey . . . the note inside the card said, "This is just a little late, but it is the same year!". 

It used to be easy for my parents to remember my birthday - I shared the day with them for their anniversary (I was their 7th anniversary present).  Now that Mom has passed and Dad has remarried, it must have slipped his mind.

Maybe, he hid the box of birthday cards and just now found them.   ;)  It could run in the family, ya know! 

Love ya Dad!!   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

soycoffee

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »
This was my "trick" when I was recovWhen ering from head-injury-induced short-term memory loss. Bucky, I hope it will help; it takes a while to practice, but works really well.

When I have something in my hand that I'm about to put down, I take mental snapshot of the item, and a snapshot of the place where I put it. That works better for someone living alone. Still, it should be an improvement over randomly putting something somewhere.

The other thing the mental snapshot does, is make you aware of what you are doing with things in your hands.

I've enjoyed the whole thread, and thanks for starting it.

Good luck with all the lost things,
SoyCoffee

newhorizons

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2011, 07:32:56 PM »
This post is suppose to be a tip... :o

I asked my hubby other day when he came home from shopping for us why he had purchased a package of clothespins?

Guess what? He wanted the new clothespins to put on his mail as he opened it at the kitchen table. Teased him about copying my idea to remind me that the piece of paper that had a clothespin on it needed to be looked at before putting through shredder.

He now has nice new looking clothespined letters on the kitchen table while on my side are old looking clothespins on my letters.

Though some good fairy put a W on each of his clothespins. Wonder who would do something like this???? ;)  The lady of the household who sews a pocket on her gowns to help keep up with items... Yes, the older I get, the worse it is getting!!! :-[

As seniors we get a handful of junk mail each day... and, possibly an important one in the mist of all the others.

Do all of you get loads of junk mail each day? If so, any suggestions as how to stop it?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 07:42:15 PM by newhorizons »

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2011, 04:49:02 PM »
WOOHOO . . . today has been a great "find" day!!

I found my checkbook I was looking for!!   ;D  It was in the safe deposit box at the bank.  (I remember taking some money and that to the bank for safe keeping when we were having all those storms this summer.)

Last night, I had lost my cell phone.  I discovered this at 11:30 p.m. and it was too late to retrace my steps to try and find where I lost it.  I did run back to a parking lot I had been in and checked there - nothing.   :(  I had helped my SIL with some things last night, so this morning, I called and she checked in her truck to see if it was there.  BINGO!!   ;D  Yay!!

Two lost items found!!   ;D   ;D

Guess what? He wanted the new clothespins to put on his mail as he opened it at the kitchen table. Teased him about copying my idea to remind me that the piece of paper that had a clothespin on it needed to be looked at before putting through shredder.

Do all of you get loads of junk mail each day? If so, any suggestions as how to stop it?

Newjoy - your clothespin story reminds me of my Dad.  Since my Mom passed away, he "clips" bills that need to be paid or important reminders to the chandelier lampshade in the dining room.  So, you walk in and there are all these papers clipped to the lamp.   ::)  At 84 yrs. young - I guess what ever works for him - more power to him!

There is a phone number you can call to have your name taken off the junk mail list - but, I think you have to give them your social security number - and I'm not willing to do that.

An idea one of my Uncles told me was to take the postage paid envelopes that come with the junk mail - fill it with other junk mail you get and mail it off.  Then, the company receiving the "junk" back, will have to pay postage on it!!  Works for me!!   ;)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »
I'm just a kid at heart and guess I will never really grow up . . . .  ;D  Here it is 2012 and I'm STILL playing Hide and Seek.  Although, my favorite part of this little "game" is when I find things I've hidden.

I had placed some money under the table runner of my computer table last year.  I knew it was there.  So, I go and "check", yep - it's still there.  Decided to pull it out and see how much is there.  I thought it was only $3.  Well, to my surprise it was really $14!!   ;D  Do you suppose leaving it there all this time has allowed it to grow larger?  LOL   

Then, I was looking through some cards I keep in this container in my bedroom.  (I love to read and re-read cards and mail.)  There in an envelope, I find $25 - which I had forgotten about.  I  ;D, then closed up the card and left it in there.  Give me some time, and I'll look through those cards again and "find" it once again.   ;)

So, I find $39 in one day . . . obviously, I'm not going to set the world on fire with my find - and my husband can't retire with the loot I've discovered.  But . . . . it was fun finding them and made my day.   ;D

Tomorrow, I get a new mattress set and they haul off the old one.  I wonder if I'll find any forgotten money I might have hid under there?  (Nah, I doubt it . . . I've checked before . . . LOL . . . but, one never knows!!)

Bucky

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012, 11:59:03 AM »
I had a neighbor who used to hide cash in her house and them forget where she hid what.  Her grandson ( who was living with her) came into some money that he wouldn't tell anyone where he got it.  I figure that he either found some of her money or was gambling or really even both.  After she passed they found quite a bit of cash in her house.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »
Instead of Hide and Seek, this should be titled Lost and Found . . . .

Several weeks ago I lost my gloves.   :(  The last place I "remember" having them was in our sons vehicle. 

I had gone out there and checked - nothing.

Looked all over the house - nothing.

We had been to too many places to retrace our steps to see if we could find them if they weren't in the car.

Today - hubby goes to take our son out to practice driving in snow  :o.  They had gone out to warm up the vehicle and then hubby comes to the door and hollers for me.  In his hands are my missing gloves!!   ;D  ;D  ;D   He found them in one of the backseat "pockets" (the kind that are on the back of the front seats). I certainly don't remember putting them there. 

In fact, I HAD looked there previously when searching for my gloves.  The reason I didn't find them was I looked in the passenger seat pocket (where I normally sit) and they were found in the drivers side pocket !!!   :o

I had resolved myself weeks ago that they were gone.  Had looked for some new gloves at the stores  - good luck finding something decent in January when you NEED them - guess you have to buy them in July!!   ::)

In looking through a closet in the bedroom - I did find another pair of gloves to wear (which I had forgotten I even had).  So . . . now, I have two pairs of gloves!!   ;D  Yay!

So glad my wayward gloves were found. 

Bucky

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2012, 02:39:35 PM »
~~ Ahhhhhh, this little game continues . . . ~~

This afternoon, I'm looking through some papers here at the computer desk and come across some envelopes (cards) with my name on them.  I proceed to look at each one (as I've mentioned in other posts, I love to re-read cards . . . over, and over, and over), I come across a card from my younger brother.  I open it up and it's a birthday card to me.  Inside there is a small envelope and inside that envelope is a gift card.  Hmmmm, I don't remember ever getting this card and I certainly don't remember that it had a gift card in it!!  The little envelope says the gift card is $25.  I scratch off the back of the card, call the toll-free number . . . yup, sure enough, the card is worth $25!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Woohoo!!  I have no idea how long this card has been here . . . I would guess "at least" two years, if not more.

Then . . . . I'm re-reading some of the posts in this thread and I read post #79 that I wrote in January of this year.  It's talking about some money under a table runner here at the computer.  I look up, yup . . .I see the green table runner.  Then, I read about the $14 that is under the table runner . . . hmmmm, I stand up, lift up the table runner . . . $14 is still there!!   ;D I remember a long, long time ago (years) putting some money there, but I had forgotten it was still there!  Woohoo!!

So, once again I have "found" forgotten money in the form of a gift card and cash.   ;D

This little "finding" game is quite fun!!   ;)  Unlike the game "hide and seek" where you search and search and CAN'T find where you put it.   ::)  Believe me, I've "been there, done that" more than I care to admit!!

Have any of you put things of value away and "forgotten" about them only to "find" them again weeks, months or YEARS later? 

Bucky

Katybarstool

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2012, 01:22:25 PM »
Well done with your finds Mrs Bucky!

I think you should go out and spend that money and card on something extra special for yourself.

Kathyx

quietdynamics

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »

Hubby found a card I must have put in one of the computer desk cubbies last week...must have been me...was it me...it was addressed it me.

Christmas 2010....uh oh!!!!
Check???? $700.00 ....noooooooo

Card signed....love Mom and Charlie.....Thank you Charlie, you always were generous (my stepfather passed April 2011)

I tore up the check. I will keep the card. He really was/is generous  :)  Sweet travel where ever you are...Mom can still feel you watching.

Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"