Author Topic: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .  (Read 17673 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 11:38:47 AM »
Woohoo . . . another great "find" today.

Today, I've been going through my roll-top desk cleaning papers, etc.  I have several cards in there and I always open them up and look at them.  (I love receiving cards - especially, when they are unexpected.)  Well, I find one envelope - open it up and it's a Christmas photo card to me from my hubby.  Awwww.  It's dated 2006 and also in the envelope is $52!!   :o

Yippee . . . . obviously, I had forgotten about it as it was buried in a stack of other papers, receipts, etc.

I love when I find forgotten money!!   ;D

OK - stopped for lunch break - now, back to the desk and hopefully some more forgotten money!!   ;)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Bopeep

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 12:45:42 PM »
Hi Bucky this made me remember years ago. My Aunty had been sent a beautiful huge bunch of flowers.

When she went to put them in the vase she couldnt find them for love nor money. She turned the entire house upside down to no avail.
The next after noon she opened the freezer to get some meat out for tea and there they were all beautifully frozen  :-\ lol
Your a crack up Bucky. LOVE to read your posts.
Not many people can take the situations you get yourself into and see the humourous side.
Have a great day Bucky, wish I could find some lost money.  :D

Katybarstool

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
Can I tell you my dopey flower tale?

A few years ago, my workmate was going through a rough time. When I went out at lunchtime, I bought her a beautiful bunch of short stemmed fresia. I carried them back to work, holding them facing downwards, as I get terrible hay fever. Anyway, I bounced up to her, handed her the flowers - but there were no flowers in the wrapper - I'd lost them on my way back :'( We still laugh about them - good job it was the thought that counted!

Kathyx

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 02:41:19 PM »
Bopeep - now, I could understand if these were dried flowers in the freezer . . . then, they'd be freeze dried.   ;D  At least she found them!!  LOL

That has got to be one of the most frustrating things . . . when you KNOW you just had something and for the life of you, can't find it.  Been there, done that, lots of times!   ::)

Thanks Bopeep for the nice comments.  I'm glad I can entertain you.   ;)

Kathyx - oh noooooooo!  How funny.  I bet you sure were surprised!   :o  Yes, it was the thought that counted. 

By the way, did you retrace your steps and go pick them up?

Well . . . I went back and finished cleaning/sorting in my desk and guess what?  I found another $10!!   ;D

Usually, without fail, my left hand palm itches when I am going to get some money.  Hmmmm, it didn't itch today.  Could be, because I had already received this money (years ago . . .  ::)). 

Oh . . . I took the money out of those envelopes so I won't lose it again.  I put it . . . . ha . . . I'm not telling!!!   ;)   I'll get to enjoy the surprise of finding it again later down the road.  LOL

Have a good one . . . .
Bucky   ;D

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Patze

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »
Oh my gosh Kathyx, that is so funny!!!!  And I'm sure glad that your friend could laugh as well!

Hey Bucky, you keep finding money, do you want to adopt me? :P

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

newhorizons

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
Well, It's hid for sure!      :(   Put my little tack hammer where I could find it... That was 3 weeks ago...

Hubby has now put the second hammer on my workbench in garage and has BEGGED me to be happy with one of his hammers.   :-\

Yes, Joy is not always a joy!!!      ;D      Hubby says he can hear me 'scolding' myself for doing something with my special hammer in not so nice words...    :-[     my wrist hurts using his ole' big hammer! >:( 

I have an 'inkling' that he's afraid I will have 'a hissy fit'   ???   and take one of his BIG hammers and break ever window out of the car... WILD WOMAN ON THE LOOSE!

Run for the hills!

gphx

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2010, 12:54:47 AM »
What was I going to say?
Dxed unspecific 'sicca syndrome' eyes and mouth. Neuro issues, muscle weakness. SS Seronegative but high inflammatory markers. Diabetes dx 2010. Glucose control improved neuromuscular issues. Enlarged thyroid under observation 2013. Yippee.

BonusMom

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2010, 08:06:33 AM »
If someone finds my brain in their travels, please return it to its rightful owner.  Reward offered.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »
OK - Thanksgiving Day is over, now it's time to trade out the fall decorations for winter decorations. 

Which means . . . time to put the artificial fruit away until spring.  So, I will tell all of you where I am putting it, in hopes that someone in this group will remember when I need to find it again in the spring!!   ::)

Note:  The artificial fruit is being stored in the tea cart in the dining room.

I think this year I'll opt for a clear bag to put them in - that was half my problem looking for it earlier this year - I "thought" it was in a clear bag, when it ended up being in a tan bag from the grocery store.  I had passed by it several times before I decided to look in this bag to see what was in it. 

OK - I'm counting on you guys to help me remember where I'm putting my fruit.    ;D  (and no comments from the peanut gallery, "yeah, she's nuttier than a fruitcake!") 

Bucky

Redetha1

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »
With all the replies you have gotten, at least you know that you are not alone.  I have purged my house of all things that are not necessary.  Passed on things that I want to stay in the family, and that has helped me alot.  I don't have so many things to keep up with.  Hang in and know you are not alone.  The brain is a funny animal that plays tricks on us all.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 09:46:40 PM »
Oh boy . . . . I was re-reading about my find of some money five weeks ago.  How I took it out of those envelopes and put it ? . . . . hmmmm, where did I put it?

Oh geesh, it's only been five weeks and I can't remember where I hid it.   ::)

I come by this honestly - I remember my mother was always hiding things away and finding them long after she needed them (like for birthdays, Christmas, etc.).

Guess I'm going to spend a little time on Saturday looking for my hid money again!   

Maybe I need to put everything I want to keep and find later in the tea cart in the dining room?! 

I'm tired . . going to bed . . . I'll deal with this tomorrow . . . goodnight . . . .

Bucky

eyeamdry

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »
I tell my family that after my demise, they should tear the clothes closets and go through every pocket of every piece of clothing. They should not stop at that and look under every piece of paper, go through every box etc. looking for $$ I have hidden and forgotten about.  No--is the answer--I do not know for sure if there is any in there now...but years ago I think I hid several hundred dollars in there and never found it.  Fortunately, I don't clean my closets much.

I do have a little gambling $ stash, but I know where that is because there isn't usually anything in it.  Lucy

Ohiocat

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2010, 06:12:58 AM »
Note:  The artificial fruit is being stored in the tea cart in the dining room.

Now lets try some association...   Remember that old song  -  Tea for two and two for tea.....
Hum that song but change the words to   Fruit for me and me for tea.   while picturing the bowl of fruit on top of the tea chart.

Now that you have associated fruit with tea, perhaps the memory will stay long.  And when you want your fruit - you will think of tea.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 06:14:47 AM by Ohiocat »
female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2010, 07:33:07 AM »
Hi  :)
The snow came this week so I went hat hunting in the house. I couldn't find it and ended up borrowing one of hubbies which is too big for me. Like i turn my head and the hat doesn't move with the head it just stays where it is.

Today I was CD hunting. I found the hat but cannot find two practice CDs I need. Hopefully I'll find them when I'm looking for something else.

The worst thing about the hide and seek is how tiring it is!!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
The hunt is on!!!    ::)  Does anybody have a clue where I put the envelope with the price stickers in them that I use for my garage sale?!?  I've looked at several places I "thought" I would have put them - no luck finding them.

I want to have a garage sale of my own June 1st & 2nd and I thought I would get a jump start on my pricing tonight.  Well . . . . doesn't look like that is going to happen.   :(

For all the time and energy I spend looking for them, I could reprint some - it's just the fact that they are ALREADY done - if I can just find them!!  Grrrrrrr . . . it's so frustrating!!

I think from now on, anything I want to "keep" for later use, I will store them in the tea cart (where my artificial fruit is at  :D) - that will be my "go to" spot. 

I KNOW I've seen this envelope within the last 30 days . . . but where? ? ?

Bucky