Author Topic: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .  (Read 16606 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
 ;D   ;D   ;D  This gals doing the Hallelujah jig   ;D   ;D   ;D    I found my box of checks!!  (in less than 30 minutes) Woohoo!!!!   ;D

I thought I had hid them in a pillow case . . nope.  Checked under the piles of clothes sitting on the bed . . nope.  Checked where I usually hide them (can't tell ya, then it wouldn't be a secret then!!) . . nope, not there.  Went to another spot I have been known to hide them (can't tell you this spot either . . hehe) . . . nope, not there.  Keep digging.  Take everything out of this spot . . . found one box . . empty.   :(  Checked another box . . . B-I-N-G-O!!!    YAY!!

So . . . one lost item found.   :D  Fruit is still hiding somewhere . . .  ::)

Ohiocat - I'll have to try that. 

Shashi11962 - didn't find your missing toilet paper . . sorry.  If you get desperate, I can probably round up some corn cobs out of our field and send to ya!   :D

Happy hunting to all of you!!   :D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »
This one should be titled - Lost and Found . . . .

I was doing some cleaning in the hall closet today and came across a bag full of old Christmas cards that were sent to us.  I looked through each and every one of them - some dating back to 1992!!   :o  I kept a few, but threw out most of them.  In looking through all of them I came across a little red, felt stocking inside a card.  Inside the stocking was a $2 bill.  This was sent to my son for his first Christmas - he was one week old.   ;D  Awwwwww . . . . seems like just yesterday. 

Keep hoping I'll find an envelope with some money squirreled away somewhere that I have forgotten about.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

By the way, the fruit is STILL missing!!  I want to know who is hiding it from me??  Fess up!!

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Patze

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 04:09:09 AM »
Hey Bucky,

In my case, I'm still looking for the lost!  Never did find it, maybe in a year or two. :D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »
GOOD NEWS . . . . LOST FRUIT HAS BEEN FOUND!!    ;D   ;D   ;D

It's only taken me SIX WEEKS, but I have found my hiding artificial fruit . . . and I wasn't even looking for it.   :D  I am in the middle of holding a garage sale this week and last night while I was looking for items to sell in the basement, lo and behold, I find my missing fruit.   I "thought" it was in a clear, see-thru bag, but it was in a white plastic grocery bag - that's why I was having such a hard time finding it.  I was looking for the clear bag!!   ::)

Wouldn't you know it . . . now that summer is almost here and fruits will be "in season", I won't need the artificial fruit, I can use "real".   ;D  However . . . .note to self and all of you . . . . I'm putting the fruit in the tea cart in the dining room so that when fall rolls around and I want to set the artificial fruit out again, remind me where it's at.   ;)

I usually DO find what I'm looking for . . . it can take a while, but it usually DOES show up.   ;D

I would still love to know any working systems for filing papers so I can find them when I need them - I'm drowning in a sea of papers!!   :o

Bucky

Joy Cox

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »
GOOD NEWS . . . . LOST FRUIT HAS BEEN FOUND!!      :o   . . . .   YAH, FOR BUCKY!!!     ;D

Patze

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 04:27:51 AM »
Bucky, you're too funny! ;D

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

navydad

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 05:03:33 AM »
I guess it was about a month ago that I got a new bottle of propane for the grill,, I hooked it up,, and thought,, it might be a good time to burn off the old grease on the burners,, turned on the gas,, lit  it up,, and promply  forgot about it,, a few hours later I was on the porch and just looked at the grill and remembered I had lit it hours ago,,, naturally it was empty now,, and I was out 18 dollars for propane,,, I lose stuff all the time,, checks, tools, just about anything that can be lost will be lost,,
 I try to keep my tools organized in the garage,, but since the neuropathy has come on badly,,, I just dont care anymore,, I jsut toss them in the drawers,,

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 09:05:31 AM »
I used to be a fairly organized person. I would make lists of things that needed to be done and accomplishment much of it. We always do plan to do much more than we could ever accomplish so if I didn't get it all done I would do it the next day.

Nooowww!!!!! Life is just a crapshoot. I have all sorts of plans in my head for things I want to do but as we all know the desire, motivation, health issues including fatigue and weakness not to mention endurance all influence what we get done.

Actually, I have come to the conclusion that my best accomplishment around here is making a mess. I am trying to plant a garden(well sort of) and I managed to get 8 tomato plants in and the mess in the yard, garage, little oubuilding and through the porch and into the house is something else. I think I made 4 trips back into the house to get suncream, hat, different shoes and whatever. There are shoes in the garage, rakes, hoes, flower pots, boxes----you get the picture.

I didn't think much of it that day but the next day it hit me that I am making messes like a little kid. You could actually follow my trail through our property. At noon I told my hubby that this was really pathetic. I have a project in every room in the house and have gotten very little done. It just seems to me that I don't have the ability to accomplish a task anymore. Thank goodness I can still cook and wash clothes. Clean house I am not so good at. :o  My hubby is pretty much the same way. He does het some things done, as do I, but we have certainly turned into a sorry lot around here. Irish ;D

mac

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 05:51:48 PM »
Bucky, did my forsythia stems and pussy willows show up at your garage sale??? 
Still looking!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 08:37:42 PM »
mac - nope, sorry - didn't come across your missing stems.   :(  I do have some forsythia stems . . but honest . . . these are MINE!!   :D  They'll show up eventually . . . . when you go to get your Christmas items out!   ::)

Bucky

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 06:34:41 PM »
Woohoo . . . I've FOUND two things this week . . . . .

1.  I was looking through some older cards I have received and found $9 in one of them!!   ;D 

2.  Today while I was out putting away my garage sale items from my sale recently, I hear this rustling of plastic.  There is our cat, Spooky.  Well . . . Spooky snuck in the garage last night without anybody knowing it and she spent the night in the garage.   ::)  Bad kitty!!  (she's an outdoor cat)  I took her outside and fed her.  Thinking hmmmmm . . . she looks thinner today.  Go back to garage -look around where I saw Spooky in the garage - low and behold . . . FIND four kittens she delivered last night while in the garage!!   :o  (we knew she was pregnant - but didn't think she would be having them yet).  Anybody want some free kittens in nine weeks??   

I have since moved Spooky and her kittens into a cage in the house.  We're going out of town in a couple of weeks and don't want to lose the kittens because she has moved them around outside and we can't find them.   Poor Spooky, just looks out at me as if to say "hey, what did I do to be put in this cage?"  We'll let her out during the day time in the house, but don't want her moving the kittens right now.   

Bucky  ;D

Patze

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 07:30:43 PM »
Hey Bucky, you keep finding money like that, you want to adopt me???  Pretty please??? :) :D ;D

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

mac

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2010, 06:57:46 PM »
Wow Bucky!  Only 5 months and the pussy willows made an appearance!  Some say they will be in the last place you look but actually they were in the first and last place I looked!   ...and I wasn't even getting out my other decorations for the fall.

Like you Bucky, I was looking for a white bag and they were put into a black bag which was bigger.  Hiding in the darkness of the attic crawl space where the lighting isn't very good and the painful eyes of the Spring just could not focus...

Yep, right on time ... there is a more timely thread running  now on holiday decorations.  As always, I running behind.

Just wanted to thank you for your vote of confidence that they would turn up!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
Woohoo Mac/Mary . . . I knew you'd find your stems eventually!!   ;D

I really think for myself, I need to invest in some large sized clear storage bags so I can "see" what I am storing inside them.  Both of us were thrown off by a white and black bag where we couldn't see what was inside.

Any totes I buy I always make sure they are "clear" - makes it so much easier to see at a glace what's inside.

On some of the older "colored" totes, I've taped a piece of paper on the side listing what's inside.  Any professional organizer will tell you . . . label, label, label.

Now, what are you going to do with your found stems since you don't need them right now?  Put them with the Easter eggs.   :D

Bucky

mac

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 07:24:44 AM »
I totally agree with clear plastic and labels!!!  Every time I buy new plastic containers to 'get organized' I wind up giving them to my daughter who has far more to organize!  I hid the last two for my seldom used Christmas decorations.

Since DH decided to skip winters on the mountain once he retired it is way too much to tote them south so the Holiday has become a very spiritual one as there is seldom family or close friends about. 

I do believe we will be back North for Easter this year so will put the eggs with the stems!...all in the dark crawl space.  It's not very big so how can they possibly get lost... again???  LOL

Beautiful day here in central PA so out to play in the yard with laundry and gardening! 
Have a great day!
m