Author Topic: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .  (Read 17019 times)

lynnmarie219

Re: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 04:42:05 PM »
Ok Ms Bucky, I dont want you to worry about your fruit anymore...so heres an ,  here's a .....I couldnt find any other fruit so I threw in some and !

Will that do??

Prairie Gal

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »
As I mentioned on another thread -- I think -- I'm still looking for my small Swiss army knife and a bottle of Vitamin D tablets.  When I find them, Bucky, I'll help you look for your fruit!

Prairie gal

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »
Ohiocat - if only I knew where that last place was, I'd look there first!  LOL

JannaLee - that must be very scary for you when things like that happen.  I hope the Rheumy can give you some answers on Monday.  Let us know what you find out, ok?   

Lynnmarie - girl, you crack me up!! 

Prairie Gal - good luck with your hunt too.  Isn't it frustrating when you just can't find what you're looking for?

Oh . . . by the way, I forgot to mention earlier . . . this fruit that I am looking for . . . .this was one of my garage sale finds from last year.  I got this BIG bag of artificial fruit for $2.  For some reason, it had a bunch of pears in this bag.  I only needed two, so I put the bag of pears in my sale and sold it for $2.  Guess what?  I got my fruit . . . that I can't find at the moment . . . for FREE!!   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Bernice

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »
Bucky,
Are you suuure you still have this fruit, is it possible you sold all of the fruit?? This is something I would do and swear it never happened, I have to question my EVERY movement, back track to make sure of my eveything I do!! My memory is one that will lead me to think or remember an event in bits and pieces. always leaving out the most important part.

I wouldn't trust myself with your fruit, shoot I wouldn't trust myself with my own fruit, I have to tell someone else that I am putting such and such here or there for them to remember.

Janna,
I just had a brain scan, an MRI & MRA for the same reason and got the same results except it showed my sinuses very congested and cause of headaches according to doctor. I will be making appt. with Rhemy for further testing. Please do let me know of any info. you come across.

mac

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 06:50:13 AM »
Lizzy,
Yes, I have those same events happening to me and having worked with people with Alzheimer's was scared silly and didn't mention to ANYONE that this was happening (except for the times when it was obvious I misplaced something).  I did mention this finally to my GP when I went in about my eyes in Dec as having this 'fog' and it helped her to make the Sjs dx.  I told her it had been occurring for awhile and I was afraid of Alzheimers.  Finally I also told my husband who reminded me I wouldn't be aware of these things being 'wrong' if it was.  But sometimes we AREN'T aware!  That is the scary part.

Bucky, I'll send you my fruit...if I can find it now!  Only can find the Easter eggs...which I did not use this year as we weren't home.  I've been doing the "Joy" thing for a few years now.  Really have lots of stuff I don't need in my life and I sure don't need to keep moving to clean!  Way too much energy consumption.  Rather save it for things I like to do!

Janna, Hang in there.  Getting worried about the not knowing may only exacerbate your symptoms.  You'll have plenty of time to worry about them when you find out what they are (yeah, right!  I feel the unknown is the worst part about dealing with anything!  LOL)  We're here for you.

Y'all have a bright shiny day and may you find everything you're looking for!  :D

BonusMom

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31:21 AM »
Here's the deal-ive lost my mind and you've lost your fruit. You find my mind and I;ll buy you as much fruit (fake or otherwise) as you want!

Bernice

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »
I don't know enough to speak for all or most, but my Grandmother did realize "something" was wrong at the early stages of having Alzheimers and as I recall she was doing small strange things like searching for things, even things that did not belong to her. I spent alot of time with her at this point and was the first to notice "something" different about her. It was not so much that she repeated things, but just seemed somewhat confused and slower, but had some really good days inbetween. I often think on this too when I become confused.

They have this new patch out for Alzheimers, supposed to help with memory and stuff, I even thought about asking my doctor about it, only right now I honestly can't recall the name of it.

Lavender

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »
Think what a lovely surprise youll have when you find it, because by then you'll have forgotten that you own it and it will seem like a little gift. I "found" some Christmas chocolate at Easter, Oh Joy  :P usually chocolate lasts about three minutes in our house.

harlin

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »
Hey Bucky
I have found alot of things I lost in my basement cleaning. I haven't found any fruit except grapes.
Did you loose your grapes too?
I can send you red grapes :D
harlin

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »
Harlin - yep, there were some grapes in the bunch of missing fruit.    :D

This week I've been working on doing some cleaning.  There is one shelf in the linen closet that is just "there".  Has stuff on it - but, it's things I don't use often (non linen related).  So, I'm looking through some of the items on this shelf.  Have a paper bag full of old maps and booklets dated 1995 - they're going into recycling.   ;D  Found some new, in the package, word flash cards which I probably bought as a gift for my son at one time.  I walk into his bedroom with these cards behind me and ask he if wants a gift?  He looks at me and hesitantly says, "yes".  I pull out these Elmo word flash cards.   He was not amused!!   ::)  (he's 14)

Anybody interested in buying an older, new - never been used, wooden picnic basket we got as a wedding gift in 1992?  That's on the shelf in the linen closet too.   ::)  Goes in my next garage sale.  (We received two picnic baskets as a wedding gift - we've never used either one of them.)   :(

I was looking through a plastic tote on my bedroom floor (yes, this was one of the ones I tripped over earlier) and found $10 in there I had forgotten I put there.   ;D  Woohoo!!

So . . . it looks like the game of Hide and Seek does have some perks once in a while.   ;D

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Ohiocat

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 06:04:41 AM »
It seems to me that we are all forgetting a very important part of the hide and seek game.

It is that part at the end, where the seeker calls out "ali, ali, all in free!"   and all the people (objects?) are suppose to come out and arrive back at the home base.

Has anyone tried going around the house - yelling "ali, ali, all in free"? ???   

Maybe that would work    :D

;D       ;D        ;D     

female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

lynnmarie219

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »
 :D No I haven't tried that Ohiocat...but if it works...I surely will. That doesn't mean my neighbors wont call to have me committed though.....lol!  ;D

Shashi11962

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
Oh, great. Now I've lost a pack of toilet paper that I know that I bought. I can't remember for the life of me where I put it!

Maybe all this stuff gets sucked into a black hole or something. Your fruit and my toilet paper are probably floating through space somewhere. What a thought! LOL!  ;D

Redetha1

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 11:54:26 AM »
This post made me laugh.  For me and mine, I did a PURGE at my house.  I gave away or donated all the things that I no longer use.  It helped to clear my mind and to be a better house keeper.  Biggest thing for me was hubby who kept thinking we might use it later.   I do have fake fruit-- it looks real and is on my table....However, I think it is mine but will check for extra.  This post was so uplifting.  Made me feel feel that I am not alone in this adventure in life.  Hugs.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 02:07:11 PM »
Good afternoon . . . new problem . . . and this one is serious!!!  When we went away on vacation earlier this month, I hid the new box of checks.  This morning I go to write a check . . I'm out of checks in the checkbook!!   :o  I go to get some more.  CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE!!!   :o   I have GOT to find these TODAY . . I have a bunch of bills that HAVE to be written this week.

If anybody is available to join in the hunt, please come ASAP - I will make you a pizza or something if you help out.

I'm on a time crunch as I am co-hosting chat tonight and I have less than four hours to "get 'er done!!".

Gotta go . . . . keep your fingers crossed.

Bucky