Author Topic: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .  (Read 16853 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
OK - I would really appreciate it if the person who is hiding my artificial fruit would kindly return it so I can quit wasting my precious time looking for it!!    ::)  I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching high and low and can't find it anywhere.  It was last seen back in the fall when I switched it out for the Christmas items.  Today, I switched out the Easter plastic eggs, ceramic bunnies, etc and I'm looking for my spring/summer items to put out.  It is so frustrating when I KNOW I have something and I just can't find it.

One would also think - why don't you use REAL fruit instead of the artificial stuff?  Yeah, right . . you don't know my family.  Heaven forbid a piece of fruit pass over their lips!!   :o  It's not gonna happen!  The gnats would come because I couldn't eat it all fast enough myself.

Does anybody have a system that works for them so they can remember where they put things and can go right to them the next time they need it??  You'll probably tell me - "write it down".  Yeah right, then I wouldn't know where I put the paper!!   ::)  (Been there, done that!)  I need something simple.  This subject also falls under my "getting organized" thread - I'm trying (very s-l-o-w-l-y) to get my act together.  I know, "good luck", huh?  LOL   :D  It's a work in progress.

If you could put the fruit in the glass bowl on the tea cart in the dining room, I would really appreciate it.  No questions asked.   ;D  Thanks!

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

olmphoto2

Re: Hide and Seek - isn't as fun as I remember it as a kid . . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »
Thank you for the smile!
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." 
          Ludwig Wittgenstein

jaygee

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »
If it will help, I can post you an apple, an orange and a banana.  Just let me have your address.  Sorry, but you will have to supply the fruit bowl  ;D    xx

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 02:50:46 PM »
Gosh, this is a great post! It truly made me smile. I can relate to forgetting where I have put things. I have really 3 locations that I put stuff. One if for any paper items that I will need later. The other 2 places are for everything else, not a great system so I would be interested to hear how others do it as well.

I forget a lot, today I was sitting at the table for lunch with my 2 little ones and I heard a noise on the stove. I thought to myself what the heck is that...I get up and look on the stove, I had started some eggs to boil for a spinach salad for supper but I had completely forgotten about it! Luckily I always set the timer on the stove so that I know it will remind me but it is still scary that you can forget something so quickly.

Writing things down would not help me either as I would forget where I put that. I do sometimes email myself, if I think that I need to remember something. That way I can find it on my computer. Might work in your case if you remember that you have emailed your fruits location. ARGGHH! No easy answer here!

Now close your eyes and I will return your fruit in the bowl for you  :D

Shashi11962

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 02:56:40 PM »
Okay, I'll admit it. I borrowed your fruit. But the problem is, I can't remember where I put it either. If I happen to run across it when I'm looking for something else, I'll send it back to you.

Seriously though, my short term memory is non-existent. One suggestion that I haven't found helpful (because I haven't tried it) is to write down where you put things, but post the list on the refrigerator where you'll see it. Or have a notebook in a specific location where all of that info goes, and don't move the notebook. (Yeah, and if I practiced what I was just preaching, maybe I could find half the stuff I've misplaced, including your fruit! LOL!)

harlin

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
My granddaught told me last week "mamaw I think dinner is burning" Oh my goodness she was right. I forgot to ck on dinner and it was burning. Thanks goodness she was here!

My mine is getting like jelly.  I am really struggling and the Rheumy was not concerned. I am why isn't she ???

I try to write some things down but like you I can't find my paper.

I went thru Wendys and forgot to go to the pay window and had to back up. Then when I payed I drove off without my food! My daughter was freeking out. I had to get out of the car to get the food.

See you are not the only one with brain failure. I am right there with you honey.
we will be brain dead together :D harlin

lynnmarie219

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 07:22:43 PM »
All of us together in this one....lol....I went to the store....paid for my items and walked off without them....the cashier asked me "are you giving these back to us?" (two bags of items). I yiyiyiyiyiyiyi!

I have also gone through the drive through...paid for my food and drove off without it...lol! What can you do but laugh???

Bucky..I have lots of very very safe hiding places  in my house for my"stuff". They are so safe...I cant even find the things I put in them....so I'm not much help to you there! All I can offer is my understanding!

Patze

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 02:09:39 AM »
Oh yes Lynnmarie, it's the local joke at my local grocery store to see if I will remember all of the bags, some of them, or none at all. :D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

syng4hym

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 04:05:26 AM »
The other day I went to the bathroom and forgot to button AND zip my pants. They were hanging open for all of God & Country to see.  OIY!  We're a mess.  Thank goodness I had my breast cancer awareness panties on.  hehe.

karleesgranny

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:44 AM »
Bucky I will make a deal with you!  If You can find my pics of My grand baby I had done when she turned 1back in Oct I will find your missing fruit......lol I can not find those pics anywhere... and they are in A huge white envelope!!!!!!!  I lose everything but weight!!!!!!!!

mac

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:26:01 AM »
Okay Bucky, I found your fruit   :-[  in the bottom of my storage closet when I went to get my Spring stems to put in a vase.  I hold them ransome  :P for those missing stems!  Now if the guilty party will return my stems...I'll send you the fruit!   :D  LOL

My husband and I began a list on the refrigerator last Spring of things we cannot find and cross them off when they 'appear'.  Currently his large credit card envelope (from last Spring) and the stems are the only times there.  The rest have magically been put back to where they were left!

Mary

Joy Cox

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
The name of this post is a 'hoot!!!" Is there any hope for Bucky? She's one that posted as Queen Bee of going to garage sales! And, even buying items for resale. ::)

Is she not the one that stumbled over suitcase and other items left at the bottom of her bed in the past few days? Bucky, maybe the lost items are in the suitcase...hehe!!! :D

There's a saying if you have not used an item in 6 months, maybe year, it's time to 'throw it out!'

Hey, as one that taught Formula to Success in an Office Environment. I'd suggest you plant an apple tree in the yard and each year you'd know where your fruit is. Now how's that for a solution?  know you just love my suggestion... >:(

Hubby and I took the above 'bold' statement to heart in the past few years and have given kids so many items, even furniture. Have donated truck loads of 'stuff' knowing one lady's trash is another's treasure!

Almost enough said...

Hanging on light fixture outside front and back door of our home is a sign saying,  SIMPLFIED   ;)  , Simple is best when put to the test!

:-*

Bucky, you know, you are sooooooooooooo special...one of life's true treasures!!!!!!!!! :-*      A Sjoggie Buddy

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:18:04 PM by Joy Cox »

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 01:17:25 PM »
I haven't had any "AHA" moments today - been playing my little "game" again today.  No luck finding those hard pears, apples, bananas and grapes.  So . . . . . instead of wasting more of my time hunting for them, I have decided to put the pretty glass fruit bowl away.  Maybe . . . . if I quit concentrating on trying to find them, I'll find them!!   ;D  I have no idea where they are hiding.   Thanks for the offer Jaygee - they'll show up "some time".

Sorry karleesgranny - didn't come across your pictures anywhere today.  I've spent many hours and days looking for pictures too.

I must say, I have never paid for food through the drive-thru or at the grocery store and drove or walked away without them.   Sounds like harlin, lynnmarie and Patze have there own club going on!! 

syng4hym - what a way to advertise!!!   :o 

mac -  hey, what's the deal?  Why is my fruit being held for ransom?  I didn't take your stems!!  Joy probably threw them out since they've been sitting around for six months!!  LOL

Quit picking on my suitcase!!  We just got back from Spring break in beautiful Pigeon Forge, TN and I haven't unpacked it yet!!  So, it's been over a week since we've been back.  What's the hurry to unpack??  Who knows, I might get a phone call from someone inviting me somewhere and I'll be ready to walk out the door right then and there!!   :D   And no, my missing fruit is not hiding in the suitcase (I checked just to make sure)!!   ;)

Joy -  some things are "seasonal", you only need them during the "season" and then you store them away until the season rolls around again.  Do you throw away all your Christmas ornaments year after year and buy new ones each year since six months have elapsed since the last time you used them?  The lawn mower, lawn furniture or the picnic table?  I think not!   ;D  Hehe . . . had to rag on you right back!! 

I must admit, this will bug me until I find them!!!  I say I'm going to quit looking for now . . . but, in reality, I probably will keep searching high and low.  LOL    ::)

Have a good day!!   ;D

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Ohiocat

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »
there's only one thing for sure- you will find your fruits in the last place you look. :D

At least until you misplace them again! ;D
female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

JannaLee

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »
Bucky,

You can come visit me!  How lucky your suitcase is already packed!

Seriously though, I had a brain scan recently because I'm extremely worried about my cognitive decline over the past couple years.  I fear I will become disabled.  Recently I arrived home from town and as I came in I heard the answering machine beeping (this indicates I have a message).  For the life of me I could not remember what the beeping meant.  I knew it was something very familiar, that the sound was a signal I hear often, but what?  Also I've noticed when I tried to empty a drawer to reorganize, I felt confused and overwhelmed looking at so many items.  It was difficult to put the like things together and figure out what doesn't belong.

The brain scan came out negative, which I expected.  I see the Rheum. next Monday to find out what's next.   

Sending you empathy and keeping my eyes peeled for your fruit!
Janna