Author Topic: How many have digestive woes ???  (Read 10787 times)

Nana

Re: How many have digestive woes ???
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »
Dear Patze,

Just wondering...I have eosinophilic enteritis.  Do you take any medication for your condition and what do you take?  Does it help?  Does it have any side affects?  I'm doing some investigating and some of the medications we are taking do have some serious side affects "down the road."  I guess it comes down to the question, "Is the cure worse that the disease?"  Thanks for listening.  Boy, I haven't visited the forums in a long time; so many new members.  Glad there is a place for everyone to vent...  Nana

Patze

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 06:07:02 AM »
Hi Nana,

Youza!  What are you taking for it?

I use Flovent for it, and it has made a big difference.  It's an asthma med, but you take two puffs and a bit of fluid, and swallow the whole mess (even the pharmacist raised his eyebrow on that one).

Good luck with yours, and keep us updated, okay?

Take care of yourself -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

ottawagirl

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 06:17:56 AM »
Me too, I have IBS and Celiac Disease......it's a new adventure every day! LOL....what  a life!

dageebo_83

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »
I am new here.  My name is Denise. I have celiac, gastroparesis, Sjogrens and unspecified connective tissue disease.  Also GERD.  Having a hard time with digestion issues-any ideas or advice.  Please let me hear from you regarding gastroparesis.  I seem to be having a hard time with it.

Thanks,
Denise

katfer

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 11:54:44 AM »
Hi, I have discovered after about 21 years of chronic digestive and constipation the best thing that's happened to me is seeing a nutritionist.  My internal medicine Dr of about 4 years now has agreed.  What we eat and drink is directly affected by our disorders.  The hard part is everyone is different.  We mayhave similar symptoms and some very different from each other.  I've been having more success on my own than with the multiple doctors I've seen.  I find a really good probiotic with enzymes (such as papaya) are extremely helpful to me.  Nature Made has a really good one that is a God sent to me.  I also am vitamin and mineral deficient which I truly believe is caused by the constipation.  Our bodies are polluted cause we are not able to digest or eliminate properly.  I strongly suggest having a holistic doctor take blood tests to find your levels of deficiencies and what your PH levels are.  You can go to any Walmart, Walgreens ect.. and buy PH test strips for urine or saliva.  This tells a nutritionist a lot.  Don't get me wrong, Doctors are very good at what they do, however, they are not well versed in nutrition or supplements.  If your PH levels are not normal it affects everything.  I'm only giving you my short version of what has helped me.  Don't give up!  My Doctor has also gave me IV IG's every month now for the past 4 months which has helped a great deal.  I have autonomic neuropathy, prediabetic, Sjogrens.  I prefer to try to help my body heal it's self and have had some relief from this.  Good luck!  God bless!
Sjogrens, autonomic neuropathy, POTS, Lyme disease, Hashimoto thyroiditis, glaucoma and cataracts. Fatigue, sleep disruptions, vitamins, supplements, probiotics, fiber, lots of water, fresh fruits,veggies, venlafaxine, eye drops, levothyroxine, aspirin and ibuprofen as needed.  gluten free, no milk.

Shashi11962

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 12:06:16 PM »
I replied earlier that I have GERD. I found out yesterday when I had a barium swallow test that I actually have laryngopharyngeal reflux disease (LPR), which is where the acid goes all the way up the esophagus, past the vocal chords, and up into the throat. My vocal chords are very inflamed, which makes me have to clear my throat a lot and makes me hoarse. Right now, I'm having bad reflux, and I think it's because I've been drinking 2 or 3 Coke Zeros a day. The caffeine is getting to me. And it's very uncomfortable!

Patze

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »
Hi Denise,

Let me welcome you to the SJS World and family!  Please keep looking around as you've seen here, there is a lot of information to be had, and scads of wonderful members to meet as well.

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well, what is your gastro doing for your stomach if you don't mind me asking?

Again, welcome, and I hope to chat with you soon.

Take care of yourself -

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

dageebo_83

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
Hi Patze,

I am sorry I didn't check back sooner, so I just saw your reply.  I have been on reglan, erythromycin, and also domperidone for my gastroparesis. None of them worked or can't take due to side effects.   I am currently just doing miralax. We just relocated, so I have a new gastro doctor who is going to do an endoscopy next week.  I am not sure what his plans are other than that.  I will see what he says after the test.
Denise

Patze

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 06:08:42 PM »
Good luck Denise, and I hope that the endoscopy uncovers the issues at hand.  And lots of luck with the gastro too!

Take care of yourself, and don't forget to keep us updated, okay?

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

Billydude

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »
Me too.  Gerd and digestive problems.  I also have Celiac disease which can cause digestive problems in itself but even when on a gluten free diet I still have digestive woes.

navydad

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »
I had the endoscope in March,, showed Barretts,, but no strictures,, also a small Hiatial hernia bu that doesnt account for the GI issues, the idiot gastro I saw said I have IBS,, no, its not that,, I dont thnk he ever saw a case of gastropareis,,

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 12:07:33 AM »
Me too! I'll put my hand up and say, "yes, I have digestive woes".

I'm taking Prilosec, based on a gastroenterologist 's recommendation. I've been through all the "oscopies" of my various digestive tract bits, and don't have celiac (thank goodness) . I have diarrhea relatively fairly often, and it was the original symptom that eventually lead to  the Sjogren's diagnosis. 

Now that I'm a lot more careful about what I eat, my key triggers are fatty foods, anything fried, eggs, and coffee.  These will definitely trigger diarrhea. Then there's the days that I don't know what the heck triggered it, but there it is!

My doctor's suggestion was just to take immodium when I had problems. I still get diarrhea about once every 1-2 weeks even if I'm careful about food.
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers