Author Topic: $$ Getting Stretched Thin?  (Read 3592 times)

Pisces24

$$ Getting Stretched Thin?
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:22:43 AM »
I am curious if the rest of you are getting all kinds of "raises" on your bills.

I just got my property tax assesment on my house which is now worth $10,000 more than last year and I have not done a durn thing to it.  :o I see other housese for sale for less $ than mine and with better features so I must have a wonderful location? My house payments already went up $200/mo more than when I bought it in 2003 so this will knock it up a bunch more. Geesh!   And it will not be worth fighing it either! 

My electric, gas and water bills all went up 10-18% each too. And our insurance changed so I've got an individual $1,000 deductible before they pay a nickel - I met that in February. I am starting to get worried on how I will be able to pay for stuff and I'm frugal too.  I've got a good paying job too and so far "knock wood" my SJS hasn't kicked in high gear.

Sorry to gripe - but please help me feel that I am not the only one out there!  :'( :o

lynnmarie219

Re: $$ Getting Stretched Thin?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:27:20 AM »
Pisces,

You're not griping....and believe me....you are not the only one going though this....definitely not alone!

Everything is going up...my bills...groceries...gas.....everything but my paycheck which has gone down due to my insurance going up (its taken directly out of my check). I yiyiyiyiyiyiiyiyi.......will it ever end?  :o

I am thankful though that I currently have a decent job that gives me decent insurance! Many people cant even say that!

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:48 PM »
Yes, Pisces,

You are NOT imagining it.  It is a weird thing that goes with our recession!   Every entity is looking for more revenue, to make up for the people who don't have jobs and have lost their houses and stuff.  Weird isn't it?

I don't know how to manage it any better, but it is very painful.  I also don't see this getting any better, quite frankly.   The energy costs and the climate change stuff,  plus who knows what all......

More macaroni and cheese I guess.   ???????

Frugally yours,

Carolina
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Patze

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:56:20 PM »
Same here, everything is going up including the medical insurance, and have to pay a lot more out of pocket with it as well, dang!  The only thing that hasn't gone up is my pay check, same old, same old I'm afraid. ::)

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Blue Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »
Everything has gone up for me as well, and we haven't gotten raises at work in several years even though we were at one time promised cost of living increases when in fact, more money is coming out of our paychecks for taxes. etc.  They also changed our health insurance at the beginning of the year and now my copayments for the plethora of prescriptions I have to take are higher.  Grrrr!

Butterfly

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 06:40:43 PM »
You should appeal your property tax assessment. You will need to do some homework on your own. You'll want a list of homes currently on the market that are similar in size, location, etc. Make sure you have the listed sales price. Then you'll want a list of homes that have recently sold that are similar in size, location, etc. Make sure you have the final sales price. You'll want to take this with you when you appeal. Most people are able to lower their property appraisal-especially in this economy. Make sure you file the appeal by the deadline. They won't make acceptions. I was able to drop my electric bill by quite a bit just by signing a 1 year contract to lock my rate. I found the rates by googling electric providers in my area. A few months before my contract expires they send me a reminder letter. That allows me the opportunity to find another plan to keep my rates low. I use Reliant Energy and have for several years. Never had a problem with them and their prices are quite competitive. Make sure you choose a reputable company. Hope this helps!!

bloodless

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:30:23 PM »
Yep! Medical insurance went up 30% !!!!!
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

navydad

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »
Everything has gone up for me as well, and we haven't gotten raises at work in several years even though we were at one time promised cost of living increases when in fact, more money is coming out of our paychecks for taxes. etc.  They also changed our health insurance at the beginning of the year and now my copayments for the plethora of prescriptions I have to take are higher.  Grrrr!
Get a Union,, we had to do that when we were (promised) raises,,, health insurance was through teh roof,,, they iddnt care,, at least witht he union we got decent raises,, a good rate on insurnace and a retirement plan,, not a 401K that the employer gives almost nothng,,, my employer had to contribute 5 bucks a hour to my pension plan,, I paid nothing,,