Author Topic: Musical pain  (Read 2881 times)

Blue Kat

Musical pain
« on: March 30, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
That's the only way I can figure out how to describe the crazy travelling pains I have...like the old game of musical chairs.  My pains move around from one part of the body to another throughout the day:  Joint pains in my hands, then muscle pains in my arms then next thing I know it's the road rash-feeling pains on my torso and around and around it goes.  Anyone else or am I nuts?  On second thought, don't answer that second part.   ;)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Musical pain
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:25:37 PM »
You may not like my answer. You are not nuts! But I am sorry to say that it sounds like you may have fibromyalgia.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

angielyn

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
Actually I have crazy all over pains, although nothing in the torso area. Mine is legs (thigh to foot) back, shoulders, arms to fingers. Sometimes it's muscle sometimes joint but it's all over the place.

My pains are random where ever and whenever...

Nancy60

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »
Angie,

My pain jumps from joint to joint like, it may last only several minutes, or be there for days, and then disappear only to have another joint or 2 start hurting.  I don't have Fibromyalgia or RA thankfully, I think this is a common pattern for a lot of different Autoimmune diseases/Connective Tissue diseases.  If you are nuts, then I am right there with you!!  ;D

eyeamdry

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »
I have SJS and fibro.  Not counting regular pain..........I get like needle pokes all over.  This was one of the things I knew was wrong with me.  It was mostly on the back of my hands, but on my legs and face.  It is like needles stabbing, but not all over and not all the time.  Lucy

One and only

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 05:43:26 AM »
my newest Neuro said she doesnt believe in fibro, she said its still wastebasket disease,, hmmm,, well wonder who is right, just like being sereonegative,,if it aint there,, you dont have it, Good God,,so many different opinions, while we come apart waiting for something good to come our way,

amk922

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 05:58:07 AM »
I asked my rheumy about Fibro at my last visit because I get pains that are not muscle and not joint pain - like bruised feeling all over my skin.  I also have the pain musical chairs - random sharp pain in my wrist, then my knee, then my shoulder, my jaw, elbow, and on and on. He is also not keen on making a Fibro diagnosis because he reserves it for cases where he is not able to make a definitive diagnosis of something else.  Since I have a diagnosis of Sjogren's, he wouldn't also label me with Fibro. I guess he just thinks that since I have a definitive AI diagnosis, that is sufficient to explain all my AI symptoms, even if they are not typical of Sjogren's. I'm going to be getting an opinion from my primary Dr. about this in the next couple weeks.

Rose G

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 07:07:47 AM »
It is kind of funny to see the different doctors, different take on fibro.  My rheumy told me 3 years ago when I was dx'd with SS that many also have fibro.  She told ME that I have fibro and put me on Lyrica.  I never said I had anything that I would relate to what I have heard fibro is.  She pushed on those "trigger points" on me and yes, it hurt....a little.  But I told her if I pushed on her like that it would hurt her too!  She said if wouldn't, but long story short I have been on Lyrica ever since.  The only drug I am really on right now (other than unrelated stuff, like stomach, blood pressure).  I can only take it at night because it really makes me loopy.  Other than loopy, I don't think it does a thing for me.  It never helped with the symptoms I presented with.  Just so funny to have a doctor tell ME that I had something....that I swear I don't!!  And many drs stay away from diagnosing.
SS, gastroparesis, Lisonopril, protonix, multivitamin, calcium with D3, ambien cr.

angielyn

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:48:27 AM »
My rheumy did the pushing on the spots to and said nope not tender enough for fibro. He said I had some tenderness but not enough for a fibro. diagnosis. And I'm going on Lyrica... IF my ins. ever approves it that is  :'(

Blue Kat

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »
My rheumy's nurse practioner (who I usually see) diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and I admit to being skeptical about it as a true diagnosis, but whatever.  I am on Lyrica and it does help with the nerve pain (the "road rash" feeling pain) somewhat but not completely.  My insurance keeps trying to get me to take Neurontin in place of it, but Lyrica helps me far better than it does.  I don't know what I'm going to do if they stop covering Lyrica altogether...

angielyn

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »
Blue Kat, I'm on Neurontin right now and it does nothing at all for me, I'm waiting for my ins. to approve my Lyrica now. Glad the Lyrica helps you more then the Neurontin does... At least good to hear :) I hope it works for me.

marilyn143

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »
I got the musical pain,all kinds ,all day and I take lyrica for my fibro.I took a long time to get used to it but is darn close to a miracle drug to me.I still have plenty of pain but do manage to at least get dressed most days now.I'm not on any pain drugs other than tylenol because I am allergic to most stuff.The maddening thing is the unpredictability of it all,now that i've managed to learn what triggers each pain.Inflamation at it's finest ::)