Author Topic: Norwalk Virus  (Read 2145 times)

trector1955

Norwalk Virus
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:45 PM »
Hello.
     Today my daughter picked up my granddaughter from daycare because she was throwing up. Well Jennifer my daughter called me and asked if I would go to the Dr. with her. Taylor threw up several times while I was with her. Taylor is two and I held her kissed her and wiped up lots of throw up. Well Taylors Dr. thought she had Norwalk Virus because it was going around.
she told Jennifer all about it and said Adults can catch it it is very contagious and it really makes Adults sick. well that freaked me out. so I called my Rummy when I got home and asked if I could babysit her tomorrow since she can't go back to daycare. He say no way. not to be in contact with any one who has Norwalk Virus. Well now I am in my bedroom away from everyone. I hope I don't get it. Has any one ever heard about it besides on cruise ships. Any advise.
Theresa

JannaLee

Re: Norwalk Virus
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »
Oh my Heavens!

I almost wrote you a note on facebook this morning because I woke up thinking about you and wondering if you are well.

Sending prayers that you did not catch this nasty germ when caring for your little grandchild!

Didn't know anything about Norwalk virus till now.

Take care my dear Theresa!
Janna

Bobbie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:26:41 PM »
Hi Theresa,

I got the Norwalk virus last Februrary.  My son brought it home from school.  It went through our
whole family, one at a time.  It was devestating!  One minute you are on your feet and the next
you are physically on the ground!

I have Addison's along with my Sjogren's.  I was so sick...........I should have gone to hospital.  I
almost called 911 myself.  I was up all night throwing up and diareha(sp).  I  would then pass out
on the bathroom floor.  I was delerious and no one in my family knew what was going on!  They
all went to bed.   They didn't find me until the morning.

When someone with Addison's Disease goes into a crisis you can't even think straight.  I had already
taken a second dose of predinisone, but after that I lost it!  I couldn't even get to the phone. 

I swore that next time I get that sick I will crawl to the kitchen and bang on pots and pans until someone
hears me!!!!

I guess I gave you way too much information but that virus is a doozy.  Stay clear of anyone that has it!!!!!

Good luck ***   Bobbie
Graves,Addison's,Sjogren's,Migraines,Restless Leg,Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis,Peripheral Neuropathy,Osteoarthritis,RA, episcleritis
 Plaquenil, Prednisone, Florinef, Synthroid, Restasis, Evoxac,Zofran,Lexapro,Gabapentin,Maxalt,Naproxen,Divaloprex,Omerpazole,Methotrexate,Remicade

Bobbie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:34:37 PM »
P.S.  Nice to see you on the board Janna!!
Graves,Addison's,Sjogren's,Migraines,Restless Leg,Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis,Peripheral Neuropathy,Osteoarthritis,RA, episcleritis
 Plaquenil, Prednisone, Florinef, Synthroid, Restasis, Evoxac,Zofran,Lexapro,Gabapentin,Maxalt,Naproxen,Divaloprex,Omerpazole,Methotrexate,Remicade

JannaLee

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 04:38:23 PM »
Thanks Bobbie!

I just have to say your story is hysterically funny while at the same time frightening!

THERESA!!  Probably you should take some pots and pans to bed with you!!

Love to you both!
Janna

trector1955

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »
Thanks you guys for replying. I really hope I don't get this virus. I get so sick when I am sick. Janna, you must have esp. Thanks for thinking about me I see you all the time on Facebook your picture is so pretty. I will take some pots and pans to bed tonight. Everyone is avoiding me tonight which is perfectly fine. I need so peace and quiet. Little do they know Ha.LOL
Theresa

sleeeepy

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »
Trector, GARLIC is the key to fighting stomach viruses...so if you have garlic in the house eat some now :) The garlic has worked for me in the past.  I have taught preschool for 9 years and lots of stomach viruses going around and garlic has always saved me.  Same with my 14 year old daughter..she has only had maybe 3 stomach viruses her whole life because luckily she loves garlic..LOL  Also drink lots and lots of water...take care Mary