Author Topic: The 8-month Garage Sale "adventure" begins this Saturday!!  (Read 12987 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: The 8-month Garage Sale "adventure" begins this Saturday!!
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2010, 10:01:25 AM »
Today, I had to run to town for some errands.  There just "happen" to be a sale at the local nursing home / retirement community there in town.   ;)

Of course, I had to stop in and check things out.   :D

There is this huge hall filled with round tables and all kinds of things all the way around the room. 

The tables were beautiful the way they were set up.  Each table had a "theme" - all the glassware was together, all the kitchen items were together, all the picture frames were together, etc.  Plus . . . each table had a pretty table cloth on them and was professionally decorated by this gal who donated her talents.  Absolutely beautiful.  I've never seen a sale this pretty! 

You almost didn't want to touch anything - it was that pretty.

Nothing was marked with prices - everything was by donation, meaning you paid them what you thought it was worth.  I'm not too keen on sales like this, but I'm sure they get more money this way since it's for a good cause.

I looked, and looked, and looked.  A lot of nice things, but nothing I needed.  I ended up getting a book that I would normally just pay 50c for at any other sale - I gave them $2.

I was very impressed with this sale.  It was VERY well put together and LOOKED amazing!

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)