Author Topic: Now I'm confused ....  (Read 1756 times)

Linda49er

Now I'm confused ....
« on: October 21, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »
Hi all....went to oral surgeon today to check on a piece of bone or tooth sticking out of my gum where he had previously
extracted a tooth.  Turns out its the jaw bone so he just smoothed the tip down with a file or q-tip stick.  After using a clamp
first which KINDA hurt lol.  I'm a big chicken anyways when it comes to dentists.

I also asked him if he was familar with lichen planus and he said yes and that I did have it.  I figured being an orgal doc he would
and he did.  But then he says you don't have SjS.  So now do i trust him or my arthritis doctor?  Do you guys have a dry mouth 24/7
or do you have bouts of moisture in your mouth.  He had just gotten down spraying Ceticaine (numbing spray) in my mouth and
that could be why i had more saliva.  But then other times I have a very dry mouth.  so confused right now.  I do see my arthritis
doc next week so whats your thoughts????

Take care,
Linda

Night nite :)

Bopeep

Re: Now I'm confused ....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 03:01:59 AM »
Hey Linda
Dont fret over one Dr. Especially one thats not a regular.
I was refered to a foot Dr and he was just rubbish. I never went back.
Im not saying your oral surgeon is talking rubbish, what Im saying is a throw away coment is an easy coment to make.
Dont start doubting yourself.
The answer is you trust your arthritis Dr with out a doubt  :)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 04:42:59 AM »
Trust your Rheumy on the Sjogren's Dx.

While I have mouth bouts from the desert with sand scratching my eyes, I have found ways to keep my mouth and eyes moist part of the time as many others here have. Just take care of yourself as best as you can.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:58:52 AM »
Hi  :)

It's possible to get other symptoms before the dryness happens even although dryness is SjS hallmark.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Pisces24

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 06:07:19 PM »
The amount of dryness in my mouth seems to vary. I guess it is ok when the dentist sees it - DURN!   But I did see my gp awhile back that said "gee you mouth is very dry". Guess I should have gotten pictures and a recording to take to my dentist.  ::)
Dentist just thinks it is "old age". Sound like a familiar excuse????????????????

Remember Sjogrens is the "but you look fine" disease.   :(