Author Topic: Lunch w/ friends of 50 years.  (Read 1571 times)

eyeamdry

Lunch w/ friends of 50 years.
« on: October 19, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »
Yesterday, I had lunch with my sister and several of the gals from long, long ago.  We do not see each other in our day to day lives, but do get together every few years.  Most of us had lost family to death this past year, including my friend who lost a daughter at 37 to pancreatic cancer.  She is now raising her daughter's two children.

We picked a restaurant that closed at 3 pm and we didn't know it.  They kicked us out at 3:10.  One of the gals could not join us because she just started dialysis yesterday.  A not so kind reminder of how the future can go.  Meet your old friends for a get-together.  It's even more fun now with facebook because we could post a couple of pictures.  Lucy

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Lunch w/ friends of 50 years.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
Lucy -

Sounds like you had a good time with friends and your sister yesterday.   Everybody needs that every now and then.   ;D

That is one thing I really miss - everyone I grew up with lives 480 miles away.  When I am "home" to visit once a year, I try and get together with several of them. 

Hope you brought a camera along to capture some Kodak moments.   :D

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Shani

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:21:13 AM »
Hi Lucy,

It's always great to have a little meet up with friends.
I am glad to hear that you had a great time!
Hope you took some lovely pictures.=)

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
Lucy,
  What a great day!  The story is even better because the restaurant had to kick you out  :) .  I'm sorry that you all had griefs to share, but it sounds like a good reunion, and I hope you can have another one soon.
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time