Author Topic: Raynaud's Syndrome  (Read 6048 times)

lesmom

Re: Raynaud's Syndrome
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 09:33:24 AM »
My neurologist dx me in 2008 with Raynaud's. You can see it in my feet the worst- they turn blue rather quickly when left exposed to the air. So I wear socks- a lot. I have my pinky and ring finger on my right hand that were numb and tingly from it. So I have been put on BP meds to help keep the blood vessels from constricting. I want to try and not take the medications this summer, but we  will see. The Raynaud's also affect my ears, and nose.  Such a crazy thing to deal with and I wonder if the severity is going to increase as time goes on? I grew up in the mountains of Colorado and now live in the plains of South Dakota. Neither place has mild winters, so I'm sure that's not a good thing to factor in. I bundle up if I have to go out in the super cold. Other wise, I stay in.

Hugs,
Leslie

mom16

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »
Babs659...that would make total sense to me since Sjogren's has mainly effected my nervous system.  The only thing that is weird to me is that the cold doesn't seem to bring it on...mainly stress I think.

mom16

DragonflyC

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »
My understanding is that Babs659 is correct.  Autoimmune Raynaud's causes vascular damage that a doctor can see by rubbing oil on a patient's nailbeds and then looking at them through a special lens (a process described with more precision here: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/raynaud/ray_diagnosis.html)