Author Topic: Ugh...dating?  (Read 21266 times)

ErinG

Re: Ugh...dating?
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2010, 01:32:23 PM »
Here it goes.

I'm giving dating another shot.

I have a date tonight with a very nice guy.  We met on match.com over the weekend and we have been talking almost non-stop since then.  He's picking me up after work tonight and we're going out for dinner, then we're going to catch the Harry Potter movie.

I'm starting to get nervous because he'll be here in about 90 minutes...I will keep you posted on how everything goes :)

Katybarstool

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »
Brilliant Erin - I'm waiting to hear all about it BUT be careful - I really worry about online dating, although I know many people do it.

Kathyx

ErinG

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »
Thanks Kathy, I worry about it too, sometimes.

The date went really well, we have a lot in common and we ended up spending 8 hours together.  After dinner and the movie we went to a bar down the street from where I work and talked until closing.  Then we went to Denny's and talked some more.  Oh, and he brought me flowers, Raisinets for the movie, and a CD of music he thought I'd like.  I guess that's the modern version of a mix tape, right?  We both had a great time.  We've been spending hours on the phone every night and we had our second date yesterday.

We met at a shopping plaza and we drove up to Northampton, MA (I drove this time, we're taking turns on driving).  I had never been there before and I had always wanted to go, it's a great college town with lots of small, unique shops, bars, and restaurants.  We spent the afternoon walking around and going in all the shops.  I even got some Christmas shopping done (and I plan to go back for more).  We grabbed dinner and headed back on the backroads.  We stopped at his house and I met his dog, a black pug named Cooper.  We watched TV for a while and went back to the shopping plaza so he could get his car and I could head home.

So far it looks like the beginning of something good.  He's very sweet, respectful, and honest.  We are both looking forward to getting together again :)

Erin

Katybarstool

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2010, 08:14:20 AM »
Erin

That's so nice that you found someone so caring and considerate, and values your company. Good for you! I'll be watching to see how things go.

Well done with the Christmas shopping. I don't know about you, but I find it harder each year to find individual presents. It seems like lots of people don't really need anything - if they do, they've bought it themselves. So, this year, I've had to think outside the box. My d-i-l to be has a pearl necklace to wear on her wedding day - which is something she really wanted. Son No. 1 has a DVD and some wine, Son No 2 has a jug kettle to plug into the cigarette lighter in his van. He's an electrician, so struggles to get a hot drink during his working day, and son No. 3 has a contribution towards his annual football pass. DH has a contribution towards a kindle, and my mum is having a big button cell phone. The kids are having toys and clothes. I'm not quite done yet, but am getting there.

Speak soon.

Kathyx

ErinG

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2010, 12:09:09 AM »
Kathy,

I still have a lot of Christmas shopping left to do, too.  My sister's birthday is this week and my mom's birthday is ON Christmas, so I have to buy double for them and it can be tough.  I won't really be able to do any more shopping until after I finish school on the 15th, so I will be pressed for time!  And I don't really know what anyone wants, either...

But back to the dating....Shawn and I are getting along very well.  We talk on the phone every night and we usually stay up too late doing it.  We have been on 3 dates, each one of them has been great.  We talked about it last week and we are an "official" committed couple.  I just can't describe how it feels to have someone tell me I look pretty and tell me I'm sweet.  No man has every said that to me before.  We live about 50 minutes away from each other, but he lives about 20 minutes away from where I work.  We are taking turns driving and paying for dates and it seems to be working out well, I feel guilty when the guy pays every time. 

Right now he has an awful cold, I thought he caught it from me but his symptoms are much worse.  He is sleeping a lot and we haven't spoken on the phone the past few nights because his throat has been very sore and weak.  I'm hoping he feels better by the end of the week so we can meet up again.

Erin

Katybarstool

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »
Erin

That's lovely news. I'm smiling like a Cheshire cat for you! Yes, there's lots of bugs going around at the moment. It seems that the couple of weeks before Christmas is always peak time for colds and flu. My OH has manflu at the moment. He's fast asleep in an armchair, snoring away. It's evening here, so I'll be waking him soon to go to bed.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Shaun is well again soon - and that you get that shopping done.

Hugs
Kathyx