Author Topic: You know those waves on fatique that we were discussing  (Read 4710 times)

tomsmom

Re: You know those waves on fatique that we were discussing
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
Suzie you reminnd me of myself on Friday.  I got up, worked out, did some laundry then attempted to empty the dishwasher.  My body just quit on me and I was so exhausted I started shaking.  I still had to feed my sons and I started bawling because I had no energy to do it.  I pray so hard everyday that if just one part of this disease is taken away from me it's the fatigue.  Hope everyone has a good day.

Billydude

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 02:51:19 PM »
I'm so fatiqued I can't even seem to make reading through an entire post.

Sheltiemom

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 10:09:04 PM »
Would assume that if there was something out there to help with the fatigue all of you are having, you'd be taking it.

Can't imagine that more of a handle hasn't been gotten on the autoimmunes.  Are they the stepchildren of research, or what?  I'm asking because I don't know.  When I read a post on here that a Dr. Kaufman had recently REVERSED Sjogren's in rats, my eyes popped.  One can only hope that her research goes forward like a rocket and that whatever she did to them can be applied to us sooner rather than later without harmful side effects.

Cheers,

Sheltiemom

Suzie

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 10:30:15 PM »
Tomsmom - Isn't it just the worst? When you're a mother you just have to push on because it's your sacred duty to give your kids a safe and happy childhood. No one else can do it for you. And the guilt if you let 'em down is worse than the fatigue...

I daren't work out anymore. I need that energy for trying to play soccer with my son and walking the dog. At the same time as dragging myself - close to collapse - round the kid-chores, I thank gd for a reason to get off the couch and move this sad, tired body. I admire you for working out, but maybe try splitting it into 2 or 3 sessions over the day with rests inbetween to be kinder to yourself but still reap the benefits?

Suzie

Shashi11962

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »
Would assume that if there was something out there to help with the fatigue all of you are having, you'd be taking it.

Well, I do keep trying to spread the word about acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid, two anti-oxidant supplements which have been shown to be more effective against various types of severe fatigue than many of the medications used for such fatigue. If folks knew just how well it works and how much relief from fatigue I've experienced, they'd be rushing to try it for themselves. My results have been absolutely amazing. These two supplements have given me my life back. (I try not to be too pushy about it, but when you've found something that really works and has been proven to relieve fatigue for a lot of people, you want to share it with as many as you can and hope they try it for themselves. Of course, it doesn't work for everyone, because we're all individuals and what might work for one, might not for another, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try.)

Suzie

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 10:59:28 PM »
Shashi - I'm getting me some of that stuff today. Just as soon as I've had a nap so I'm in a fit state to drive to the drugstore!

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 05:23:27 AM »
Inositol removes the weather from your pain cycle. In some countries ALC is not available but pre-carnitine is.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism