Author Topic: You know those waves on fatique that we were discussing  (Read 4699 times)

kellyptyler

You know those waves on fatique that we were discussing
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:18:41 AM »
You know those waves of fatique that we were discussing a couple days ago....one  just HIT me.....I was feeling good today and then BANG it hit. Now, I'm out for the day..sure is frustrating isn't it?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: You know those waves on fatique that we were discussing
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »
Even more frustrating when you have to work with 18 first and second graders.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

navydad

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:33:48 AM »
Give you credit Joe,, I could never do it, I have trouble feeding my dog,, I get those hit the wall fatigues, I try to bust through it,, and get a second wind,, most times I can do it, but it woiuld be nice if the nights were filled with a restorative sleep,, I never wake up feeling like some of those ads for a serta matress where the young lass wakes up,, stretches, has this big grin on her face,, and shes ready to build one of the pyramids all by herself,, I want to choke her :-)

RobinBat

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:46:14 PM »
Yeah, Why is it I can be drop down tired, go to bed/couch whatever, and still not sleep deep and feel rested???? Some nights I purposely keep myself awake late in hopes of sleeping deeper...never works but I keep trying....anyone else notice this.
Robin

kellyptyler

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »
Yes, the wave can hit me and I'll lay down, but can't sleep. I think during the night I wake up at the very least a dozen times. Once in a while I'll get a good nap, but it's not very often.

sewandsew

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 04:57:56 PM »
Yep.  It happened to me today too.  Got a hair cut and stopped for groceries.  That's it.  Came home and had to lay down immediately.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 01:35:48 AM »
Okay, for those of you that are new here I will mention the "Spoon Theory" again.

http://www.inspire.com/groups/stop-sarcoidosis/discussion/the-spoon-theory-read-this-youll-be-glad-you-did/

I first read it on a fibromyalgia forum.

When you can not sleep practice meditation. When you can not meditate put in a funny comedy and relax.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Karen

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »
I get this too, I'm fine one part of the day and then all of a sudden it hits me and I'm down and out, but the strange thing is it's just exhaustion, I'm not tired
to sleep with it, it's just that my body cannot function, and go, like walking from room to room in the house exhausts me more.  For me I always describe it
as not having enough air in my lungs that is how exhausted I feel like I can't breathe anymore.  My husband always gets concerned when I described it
like that, does anyone else have that same feeling?
Karen

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
I get this too, I'm fine one part of the day and then all of a sudden it hits me and I'm down and out, but the strange thing is it's just exhaustion, I'm not tired
to sleep with it, it's just that my body cannot function, and go, like walking from room to room in the house exhausts me more.  For me I always describe it
as not having enough air in my lungs that is how exhausted I feel like I can't breathe anymore.  My husband always gets concerned when I described it
like that, does anyone else have that same feeling?
Karen
I absoultely have the same feeling, right now in fact! It is the worst kind of feeling. It is hard to explain to others who will reply, "everyone gets tired you know!". BUT it is no JUST tired, it is complete exhaustion.

Billydude

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »
I was feeling great earlier in the week and had more energy than I've had in quite some time then suddenly quite the opposite.    My question is when do you evaluate your fatique as possibly being something more than fatique?   I feel anemic or something.

Shashi11962

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 08:34:32 PM »
I had one this morning. I don't get them very often (almost never) since I started taking acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid, but I guess they just hadn't kicked in yet. I was so exhausted that I could barely move.

After the wonder supplements kicked in though, I was back to normal again. In fact, I managed to hike about 2 miles with my family at a nature park, most of it uphill, and then go grocery shopping (and bring all the groceries in and put them up.) Of course, shortly afterwards I collapsed into my recliner and have only moved when I have to. My legs and back are killing me! I guess I'm more out of shape than I thought I was. Ouch!

Suzie

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:27 PM »
Once, just ONCE, I'd love to wake up and not feel just as tired as when I lay down to sleep. I'm so glad that I can't really cry anymore, because when I'm dragging myself around the kitchen trying to feed my kids, I'm crying with exhaustion. I don't just get waves of fatigue. It's a never-ending tsunami.

Billydude

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »
I hear you Suzie.  Many mornings I get up and have my coffee and try to watch the news and then go right back to back as I'm falling asleep in my chair.

harlin

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 10:29:22 AM »
Sometimes It hits me and I just have to lay down. not sit, lay down. I was watching my 3 yr old granddaughter one day and it hit me. I put in a movie and layed down beside her. It scared me as I went right to sleep.

livewssj

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 11:24:25 AM »
I know all too well about this fatigue and exhaustion. Even when it is there I still have to push myself through the day and night to take care of my son.
Most people dont understand how disabling it is. I just hope for a break when its there.
Hope all feels better!
Maria