Author Topic: Rituxan updates?  (Read 4868 times)

inga

Re: Rituxan updates?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 07:17:47 AM »
T cells are separate from Complement levels.  Your labs should have Complement C3 and C4 on them somewhere, usually with your ANA, ENA stuff.

T cells are way more complex.  I really don't know how they measure them.  There are several types of T cells.  I know they did a CD4/CD8 break out and ratio for me.  My CD4 cells are very high...(they are the ones that are like the precursors, from what I understand....they don't really know what to attack...they are like the grunts waiting for direction.  My CD8's which I think are the ones that attack are low---this is a really dumbed down explanation, because I don't really get all this junk.)

Rituxan affects B cells.  I don't know how T and B cells interface.  I think I am getting dumber as I get older or something....I can't get this all straight.

gurs

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 10:36:47 AM »
Navydad,

I would have your lung thing checked out first and make sure you dont have any candida...I know you have problems with it. Rituxan will only make it worse.
I would ask to take some diflucan for awhile and make sure your feeling better. Again, if you have the rituxan,  make sure the order has all your pre-meds
like the Medrol, benedryl, tylenol, and the saline through the entire drip, and importantly, to have a very long run time. (mine was 9 hours) It cant hurt. They usually have
Tv's available so that will help. It makes all the difference in the world. Dont assume your doc does this either. I learned the hard way.

Sorry to keep rambling on about this to you....I just know from my own experience's. Ive had this done 5-6 times.

let us know how you do!

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

navydad

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »
My rheummy called a bit ago,, he wanted my GP to clear me for rituxin,, soooooo I called him AGAIN,, his nurse went and asked him what was going on,, well the Doc said that he doesnt think theres any infection going on,, it looks like my lung is stuck together,, ya ok,, and hes geting me some kind of thing to breath in to try and inflate it again,, yes I have chronic candia in my mouth and throat,,no matter what I do or take,, nothing helps,, I see my ENT next week,, I am going to demand he do something about this mucos,, there has to be some way to thin it so I dont choke constantly,, and I get the scope down the throat next week too,, I had it done last year and it shwoed Barretts,,, so they want to do it more oftennow,, never ends,, again aboiut the rituxin,, they said 6 hours, and I will ask about pre meding,, is this something you canhave done and drive afterwards,, I dontknow who I can get to go with me

gurs

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 05:56:27 AM »
Gosh, I wish I had some of your mucous?? ha ha..im so darn dry..I get happy if my nose even runs!!! wonder why your lung could be stuck together? that doesnt make sense?
The extreme dryness maybe? yikes, who the heck knows with SS. Please make sure your doc has the pre-med protocol in place for you before you even start.
This is serious medicine and I know how sensitive your body is. If they run the infusion, and you start feeling ill, tell them to slow it down and keep it running at a slow rate.
They will try to speed it up. Also, you def need a driver...where are you having this done? office or hospital? I would rec a hospital setting, esp for your first infusion.
Mine again was 9 hours and I didnt seem to have as many side effects as before when they ran it for 7 hours. I felt not too bad afterward, but then when the medrol
wore off, BAM..I was in bed for a week and had to deal with some horrible joint pain for the next month. Some have had no problems though. Just make sure
you have the medrol, benedryl and saline. The saline drip will help with alot of the dryness and hydrate you...
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

denisezesh

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 06:52:02 AM »
rituxan & ivig help lung disease....
it helped me..Good Luck

navydad

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 07:59:39 AM »
Guess we;ll find out wont we