Author Topic: Gallbladder Issues?  (Read 1911 times)

YYC_ Mommy

Gallbladder Issues?
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:11:49 PM »
I have a meeting with a surgeon tomorrow regarding some findings about my gallbladder from my GI doctor. Just wondering if anyone else has issues with their gallbladder?

lagringa

Re: Gallbladder Issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »
I kept getting sick and vomiting, about every 6 weeks, for 2 to 3 days duration, for 2 years. Of course none of the doctors ever said anything about it. So I finally googled around and decided I had a bad gall bladder and I wanted it out.

I made an appointment with a surgeon. I sat in the waiting room and filled out the questionnaire. To answer the question "why are you here today" I wrote down, "Take out my gall bladder!" Later, in the exam room, the surgeon looked over my answers and said "You want me to take out your gall bladder? Why do you think you need your gall bladder out?" I just said "Trust me, I do, I really do." He said "I doubt you have anything wrong with it, and anyway, you need to go to a gastro-enterologist first." I said "Please don't send me back to my gastro doc. He doesn't like me. He thinks I'm a whiner."

So, long story short, the surgeon ordered the gall bladder test for me and I didn't have to go back to my gastro doc. I had the HIDA scan with CCK done. I flunked the test with fantastically low scores--Yay! (My ejection rate was 13%.) He called me on the phone two days later with the results and said "I can take your gall bladder out next Thursday."

The surgery went fine but it took me awhile to get back up and going again. It was a laparoscopy procedure, done in the US. Boy the gas pains were horrible afterward. My stomach was blown up like I was 9 months pregnant for weeks and I had straight up diarrhea for about 3 months. But I'm glad it's out and I've only vomited once since then, and it's been 2.5 years now.

louise

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
I had mine out about 5 years ago . I was sore for about a month . I still can't stand anything tight around where my incision was.
primary sjogrens, adderall xr, diclofenac ,vitamin d3, percocet, b12,b6, omega3, ibuprofen, protonix, voltaren gel, lots of sugarless gum and candy.

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:30:53 AM »
The surgeon that I saw today has ordered the HIDA scan. He said that he is about 85% confident that my side pain and issues are being caused by my gallbladder. He hopes with the HIDA test that it can make it more certain.

TerriF

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 03:41:46 PM »
I had my gallbladder removed in 1988.

lynnmarie219

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »
I just had a gall bladder scan and HIDA scan done last month and that should be the test that will tell them if its your gall bladder acting up. The test took awhile to compete...almost two hours....but it will be worth it to know whats going on.

Good luck to you! I hope you get some answers!