Author Topic: Got a long letter from Social Sectury today was approved,but  (Read 5288 times)

trector1955

Got a long letter from Social Sectury today was approved,but
« on: January 06, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »
Hello
     I received a really long letter from Social Security today it was about 12 pages. I have been approved but they have issues about the date. I went to the Lawyers office to read it and they said I was approved. They sad "Notice Of Decision" Partially Favorable.  So they are going to have the lawyer call me so I can come in. So I don't know for how much now. All the pages are written in mobo jumbo. Goodness how do they think a reg person can read it and the judge said she would not pay my Lawyer because I had two lawyers. My lawyer got sick and his daughter lawyer went in his place. same firm only the daughter doesn't do Social Security cases. That is pretty dumb also. But my lawyers office said I shouldn't worry about it they will take care of it. You know they will. They want their money too. You have to jump Thur hoops any more to get it. What about all these other people that get it and don't even deserve it. I really need it. Now when I get the check will be a different story.
I really hope soon but we will see.
Theresa

Rhonda

Re: Got a long letter from Social Sectury today was approved,but
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »
At least that is some good news!  I am glad for you!

eyeamdry

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:58:55 PM »
Trector, that sounds like mostly good news.  It's not easy to be approved and the starting date will not be as important as actually getting some $$.  I think congrats are in order.  Lucy

BonusMom

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 09:23:51 PM »
Congrats on your approval!

May I ask what, if any conditions you have besides SjS?

Epson

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:21:21 AM »
That's great news!!!  I hope that I'm as lucky as you, I sent a stack of medical records with my application and got a call last week from SSD.  They asked all of the questions that I already answered of the forms.

Did you have a hearing or did you get approved after filing?

harlin

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:32:24 AM »
Congrats! do you always have to have a lawyer to get approved? and how much do they charge? Don't know whats ahead just wondering. Quit my job today at advice of Drs.
harlin

Jules48cats

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 10:51:47 AM »
Hello Theresa,
Congratulations on getting approved.  It is a government agency so of course us lay people can not understand the letters they send.   Right?  If they approved you I believe you should have a check soon.  I actually got the money deposited in my checking account before I knew I was approved.  I was working when I was approved and so I had to fill out extra paperwork,  Now I am laid off and again I had to fill out pages of forms.  Not sure I filled them out right  but what can you do?   I did not have a lawyer but I was told that if I used one they would be paid by social security, so do not worry about the lawyers, they can take care of themselves.
Epson they will ask the same questions over and over again, and then they will send you more forms to answer with the same questions on it.  LOL
Good luck Harlin,  Can you get long term disability through your employer until you are approved? 
Jules

lynnmarie219

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 05:51:46 PM »
Congrats on your approval Theresa! I hope you get all the "mumbo jumbo" figured out soon as well!  ;) 

harlin

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 08:14:47 AM »
jules48cats
no I can't get long term disability thru work, they will not work  with me so I resigned yesterday. I guess I will just stay home and hopefully get back to heath then maybe find a part time job  somewhere. I am going to watch my 2 gkids 2 days a week. Looking forward to that.
Theresa
how long before you were approved?
harlin

jpd54

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 09:20:31 AM »
How long after your hearing did you get your decision??  I had my hearing December 1st and they said 4-6 weeks.  I still haven't heard anything.

Congrats on getting yours!!!  I know it's a long, long process. 

jpd
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

saranski

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 03:22:56 PM »
Congratulations!!!!  I am glad the decision came out in your favor!!!!! 

Jules48cats

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »
jules48cats
no I can't get long term disability thru work, they will not work  with me so I resigned yesterday. I guess I will just stay home and hopefully get back to heath then maybe find a part time job  somewhere. I am going to watch my 2 gkids 2 days a week. Looking forward to that.
Theresa
how long before you were approved?
harlin
Theresa  Watching your grandkids should be fun.  How old are they?  Be careful not to overdo it.
Harlin
I don't think my approval was typical.  I applied on Feb 24th 2009.  I was working with a Nicole at the Lancaster officer.  She has contacted me because I filed on line and I did something wrong of course so I could not get back in to finish on line.  So I did the rest over the phone.  She sent me a line for the med release and I signed it around 15 of them. In June I got  a letter of denial.  I took it to a lawyer and he said it wasn't what I thought it was. and to contact whoever I was working with.  I called Nicole and she told me she never got my release forms  so she opened a new claim for me and I was approved in two months.  But i only got approved from the July date instead of the February date,. Jules

jpd54

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »
YEAH!!!  Got my approval for Social Security this week.  Next day I got my back pay.  $$$  My date of onset was January 1, 2008.  Said I had to wait 5 months so my backpay started June 2008.  Today I got a Medicare card that will begin June 2010.  I will start receiving a monthly check at the end of March.

System sure seems slow but thank goodness it's over.  Said my age (55) and my mental (brain fog) were big factors along with my SJS.

Hang in there everybody, it's worth the wait.

jpd
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

navydad

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »
Glad to hear it,,, and as was said before,, I hate seeing people get it that have no business getting it,, I had two pople live next to me,, the wife was a sex offender,, diabetic and weighed well over 200 lb,, her (husband),, well over 300 lb,, diabetic,, and both getting SSD,,you knew it was check day when they came home in there van that was given to them by the state chock full of food and pretty little things like a new laptop,, or some other kind of stuff that I cant nearly think of buying,  now on trash day,, there would be at least 6 to 7 pizza boxes in hte trash,I dont know how many times a pizza delivery guy came to my house looking for teh (neighbors), they have since moved away,, and I only hope they both croak from massive heart attacks and the govt wont have to send them any more monthly presents,,
    I remmeber back in the 80;s,,, asthma was the big thing to get SSD,, the 90;s,, I think it was just a case of being as lazy as possible and getting a doctor to say you had a mental problem and could not work,, there are many of us here that need and deserve something from the govt that we paid into and many before us have got for far less,, yet we have to go insane fighting for what is rightfully ours,,why does it take some people 5 years to get it or get denied again,, its insane,, and why does it take a average of 2 to three years to even get a decision,, back to my old neighbors, If they were making a attempt to control there diabetes and were honest upright people,, then I dont care if they get it or not,, but I just hate seing things given to pure trash,,