Author Topic: perspiring on one side only  (Read 2063 times)

Bopeep

perspiring on one side only
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:11:53 PM »
hi everyone. I never used to prespire at all, then when I was diognosed and put on prednisone I started to perspire on the left side of my body, mostly around the left temple.

Has anyone else had this or heard of this. I did ask my Dr who said he had heard of it and couldnt remember why, he said he would find out but keeps forgetting
thanks in advance

Bernice

Re: perspiring on one side only
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »
I went online to see what I could find on this, here goes!

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/Profuse-Sweating-on-one-side-only/show/895708
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1k3aj-what-would-cause-the-body-to-only-sweat-on-the-right-side-when

My conclusion is that it can be caused by a number of things, best to check with doctor!

Epson

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:28:38 AM »
Bernice, your answer sound like something a doctor would say when they don't have an answer. :D
To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!  Homer................Simpson

Bernice

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:32:54 AM »
Epson, you right!

"I don't know what this here could be, could be a number of things, how bout I pass ya off to somebody else!" ::) ::) >:( >:(

Bopeep

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »
thanks Epson and Bernice.
I will go and check out that site you found.
Also thanks Tribesman nice to know Im not the only one

navydad

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »
I get it too,, somedays left side,, somedays right side,,

malew/sjogrens

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »
Bopeep, so you are perspiring on the left side of your body. Sounds like you are all "right" then.  :D

Bopeep

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 11:53:22 PM »
malew/sjogrens  ::) ::) ;D ;D lol

dbaratta

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 08:07:15 PM »
Actually, I don't really sweat much anymore.  I do, however, sweat a little at my hairline, in my hair and in the middle of my back when i'm really overheated.  By the way, I get it with pilocarpine too, after each dose and heaven forbid if I try to increase this med, it makes me light headed, shivering, shaking and sweating (only in those few spots) but very uncomfortable!  I only use deodorant because it gives me a real light scent - can't stand to wear or be around people wearing perfume/cologne -- the fumes really bother me (chemicals of any kind too).