Author Topic: FEBRUARY WHITE SALE -  (Read 11636 times)

Poochie

Re: FEBRUARY WHITE SALE -
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »
Hi Bucky,
Yes we finally got out yesterday.  Then while I was at the dentist the township plow came down the road to widen it and my hubby had to shovel out what the plow deposited at the end of the drive.  We got back in okay because we have 4 wheel drive, but our daughter doesn't. 

Her car never would have made it over the mound of snow that was there. 

I must say all this mess has turned perfectly lovely people into rude and obnoxious creatures.  The grocery store was absolute bedlam yesterday.  It must have been the thought of this new storm coming in on Monday.  They were pushing, shoving, and grabbing things right out of your hand.  I couldn't believe it. :o

At first I was just so happy to be out of the house that I tried to ignore them, but when I got to the point that I wanted to pop a couple of them, I picked up what I needed and told hubby "let's get the heck out of here". 

We have refilled the gas cans for the snow blower, purchased more flour for baking and extra gas for the generator just in case.  It's amazing but we haven't lost power this time.  I credit our electric company with all the tree trimming they did this past summer.  It really paid off for the customers.  And for the men who would have been out on the lines in this mess. 

Our township and state highway department workers have done a fantastic job clearing the highways and main roads.  They deserve a huge THANK YOU from all of us.  Our daughter stopped by the township building on the way home with 6 dozen doughnuts she picked up.  She told them it was just a small thank you to enjoy with their coffee breaks.   ;D  They were surprised and most happy too.

Take care everyone and stay safe, and stay warm,

Hugs, Pooh

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 10:12:27 PM »
Poochie, You are so funny girl!!! I can just imagine the piles you must have. The dnow comes down and then the wind does the dirty work. I remember back in the late 70's we had a snowbank between my MIL house and ours that was about 5-7 feet high and at least 50-60 feet long. The wind just howled through this tunnel and the snow piled up.

One of the kids teachers drove by everyday to town on the way to school. I saw him in town one day and it was mid May. He said to me, "Well, I see your snowbank is just about gone". It took forever to melt.

Sounds like you folks in your area have been dumped on. This is certainly an old fashioned winter. Sure sorta makes one reconsider the global warming stuff.

The best thing about these snowstorms that we are having is that I don't have to get up at 5AM and get dressed, warm the car and drive 15 miles to work!!!!!!! Never thought that day would ever come. But you know what?? I sorta miss the thrill of getting out in a snowstorm. Always carried clothes with me cause I would have to stay overnight. THe place I was working at only had one nurse that lived in town and she got worked to death when it stormed. All the other nurses tried to help out by staying overnight and working 12 hour shifts. It was darn hard work but when you look back you wish you could still work like that. Life does go on. Irish ;D

Poochie

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »
Irish,
Hubby, daughter and I were remembering tonight about the last huge snow storm we had.  We spent 3 days at our local fire hall with the snowmobile rescue unit of our snowmobile club.  We were the only thing running these back roads then. 

Hubby said "Hon, do you remember the red light we drove around over by L's farm during that run we did to that diabetic patient?"  I said "yes, if I remember correctly it was the red light on the roof of the snow plow".  Boy that was the year we had the 12-15 foot snow drifts.  When they opened the roads enough to open the schools, the mirrors on the side of my school bus were scraping the walls of the drifts.  After I got the bus through, the kids were yelling "Do it again, do it again!" :D :D

So all in all this isn't the worse we have been through and probably won't be the last.  The only exception is, we are a lot older now and it isn't that easy to get around, even with 4 wheel drive.  We let the younger kids take over, but the memories are wonderful.

This storm isn't quite as bad as that one, but we got through it and we will get through this one.  ;D

Hugs, Pooh

Patze

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 04:07:44 AM »
You are so funny Pooh!  :D ;D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

harlin

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 09:30:22 AM »
White stuff, White stuff everywhere. It is coming down in buckets again. I was suppose to watch the gkids today but no go. It looks like a blizzard out there!! Yeck come on spring.
Do you think it will snow this spring too ??? ???
Come on summer, surely it won't snow this summer ???
harlin

Patze

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 11:25:07 AM »
Hey Harlin,

Yep, it's back here too!  Yuck, more shoveling.

And the way it's going, it probably will be snowing into late spring.

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

Poochie

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
Hey Patze,
How come you didn't stop this crap at the border? ::)  I can't believe the temps just dropped 9 degrees in the past hour and that white stuff is coming down like crazy again.

AAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

COME ON SPRING---------------------SUMMER----------------------ANYTHING BUT THIS!!!!

Snowed under Pooh  :D

Patze

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »
Ah Pooh, sorry, it snuck past me when I was shopping!  ;) :D

Hold on tight, as this is supposed to be short lived (I'm keeping the old digits crossed for this one!).

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

Poochie

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »
I guess this white stuff isn't so bad, compared to what they said it could be last night.  There was a possiblity than it could have been sleet and freezing rain.  I think I'll take the white stuff over that.  :)

Pooh

Patze

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 12:55:05 PM »
Yeah, they're still talking about freezing rain/sleet tonight, ugh....

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

harlin

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 08:34:43 AM »
90% today, tomorrow and Thurs. What in the world is going on. Just heard another storm next week. Some global warming ??? ??? ???
I am going to venture out to GI doc after bit. Wish me luck!!
harlin

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »
The sun is still out there. I was beginning to wonder. Since I am in MN you should have sunlight in a few days.

Harlin, Make sure to ware your foot grips.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Bernice

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 08:06:34 PM »
Wow! You guys are really going through it! We in this area need to stop complaining about the inch of snow that we have collected in the past few days.

I do however remember being in Maryland in a blizzard the year of 84, I believe! I thought the world must have been coming to an end, I had NEVER seen so much snow in my life. We lived in the mountains of Fort Ritchie, it was terrorfiying especially because my husband was away working. I woke to snow that reached the second floor window. I discovered this when I went to open the door and was faced with a wall of snow, I stood there and screamed then ran up stairs and looked out the window to see snow at the second floor across street. They had to dig us out of there, walking through it was like a maze.

What you guys are decribing reminds me of that experience.

harlin

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 09:55:59 AM »
My husband took me to watch the gkids yesterday and they have a very steep driveway. Well needless to say we went down it sideways!! I was afraid we would take their light fixtures out at the bottom. Well my husband was an experienced UPS driver for 31 years and yes he got the car straightened out and me missed the lights. He said "remind me why I keep taking you places" Well I said "both times we have gone down to see the kids we have almost had a disaster." We would have had I been driving. :o Safe at home again.
Then my daughter called to see if I was watching the kids today. I said "no thank you" !!

Maybe when it quits snowing if that ever comes!!!
hugs to all harlin

Patze

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »
Aw Harlin, I'm glad that your hubby is a very good driver.  Whew, that sure must have been very scary!!  And hopefully the weather will break and you'll be able to watch the grand babies soon!

Take care of yourself and stay warm -

Patze

Sero Negative Queen