Author Topic: Looking for new doc!!!  (Read 2548 times)

saranski

Looking for new doc!!!
« on: February 04, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »
  I finished my pack of steroids a couple of days ago and my butt is completely dragging today.  My body feels like lead!!!! I literally have only gone grocery shopping and that was only because i was out of diet coke!!!!!  I have got to find a rheumy that will treat the fatigue and muscle/joint issues.  Does anyone live in the Milwuakee, WI area and know of a good rhuemy????

Patze

Re: Looking for new doc!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:21:41 PM »
Ahhhhh, a fellow diet Coke fan, eh???  I adore the stuff and drink it like it's going out of style!  ;) :D

As I'm on the East Coast, I can't help you with a name, but hopefully one of our members will stop by soon and give you some suggestions.

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well, and I hope that it soon passes.

Hang in there and take care of yourself, okay?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 04:45:25 AM »
I know that it is easier said than done...but can you get off the coke? I switched from Coke to Pepsi after acid issues. Then the Dr asked me to convert to diet. My pain went up and so did my weight. Filtered water is my drink of choice after multiple attempts and major withdrawals. It has been a positive change in my health.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

RobinBat

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »
I know it is so bad for us, but I am celiac and allergic to cows milk and egg yolks so my food is restricted enough, not giving up my diet Pepsi!!!!
Robin

saranski

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
I really, really don't think i could give up my diet coke.  i don't drink coffee, don't like water, have tried the water with the flavored packets and makes reflux worse, and NEED the caffeine to get through my day!!!!!!  If you have any other suggestions, i would consider them, but i really, really love my diet coke!!!!

Pisces24

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 07:19:58 AM »
I would recommend calling a teaching hospital or going on their website and checking out the Rheymies there.  After 6 yrs it was a dr at a teaching hospital that finally diagnosed me.

They actually like puzzles and you get two drs at once. Also since one dr is learning. the other will ask him questions etc and ask him/her what questions he would ask the patient, what tests would you run, what would you watch for, etc. etc. AND they have to project a good "bedside manner" with patients so you are treated well and with respect.  Course they are more thorough so you get a heck of a lot of tests run and monitored but after 6 years of "duh" drs giving me the brush off I prefer that.  Good Luck!