Author Topic: Anyone Have Acid reflux from heck  (Read 11533 times)

harlin

Re: Anyone Have Acid reflux from heck
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »
Hi Yankee
Yes the PH study was very painful for me. GI said that 10% have problems. Of course only me. I couldn't eat for about 7 days. The food kept feeling like it was getting stuck half way down. I would get alot of pain then it would go down. I hope I don't ever have to have it again.

I have lost 32 lbs in about 3-4 months. Getting to be skin and bones. Therapist noted it this morning. Weigh 122 and am 5'5
Makes me ill just to think of food. I have to force myself to eat 3 meals. Don't want anything not even chocolet. There is something badly wrong with me that I don't want chocolet. I was a true chocoholic! :D

Will be glad when blood tests are done to see what they show.

Good luck and hugs
harlin

yankeeinthesouth

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 07:22:18 AM »
Hi Harlin,
That is not good that the ph study was that painful for you. I am surprised that they are not concerned with your weight loss.
I went to my regular GI dr last week and he seemeed to just brush me off. told me to come back to see nurse practitioner in 3 weeks to see how the meds are working.
I am so sick of dr's acting like there is nothing wrong because tests came back normal. I wonder do they do this stuff to men who have these diseases?

Bernice

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »
Shoot I'll take the weight loss without the pain, though!

My face is starting to look like it is bloated or something! Behind looks like someone has pumped too much air in it! Lawd the thighs!! They have rolls!!
Is it possible for weight to go back and forth within a matter of days???? I do believe my weight is changing within days. Some days I am not that bid then when I look again I seemed to have swollen. I am going back and forward between size 7/8 to 9/10 from one day to the next.

My doctor is really working my nerves, he don't seem to think it's an issue he just brushes me off when I mention it or make promises to address it later! Later????  ::) ::) ::)

ohiolady

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 11:28:49 AM »
The ph testing as well as mannometry were not at all painful for me.  Annoying but no pain.  I dreaded and was so anxious and it turned out to be not bad at all.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

saranski

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 03:33:01 PM »
well i thought my acid reflux was under control, I take prevacid 30mg twice a day for the past 1 year. the laryngitis i keep getting I thought was related to the sjogrens, i went to ENT today and he put a scope down there to look at my vocal cords, they are fine, it is the muscle that controls the vocal cord, it is severely inflammed from stomach acid coming up.  He said that once meds have been tried, etc it is time for surgery, a fundalplication.  I see the surgeon next week:(   If you don't get it under control it can cause cellular changes and can lead to cancer.

harlin

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
saranski
I have never heard of this a fundalplication. Sounds complicated. Let us know when you go to surgeon. Hope this is not in my future. I have had enough.
hugs harlin

yankeeinthesouth

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »
Saranski,
I am sorry to hear that. That sounds scarry, but I guess it can get worse. Did your dr say why SJS causes such a problem that it can't be controled with medicine?
Good luck with your appt.