Author Topic: Anyone Have Acid reflux from heck  (Read 11546 times)

yankeeinthesouth

Re: Anyone Have Acid reflux from heck
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »
Thank you Anna and Julzi. I try to drink water all the time most days it is almost a gallon. I am beginning to think that something is wrong, and I have a GI appt on Monday. I have started eating very small meals like just a cup of something and that has helped a little. I have to stand straight up for at least an hour after eating and that seems to help to but I am tired of standing all day. Well hopefully Monday I will find out something.

Julzi74

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »
i can't seem to get enough water either-it started when i was in my real early 20's and took accutane for my acne-then just before christmas i guess i had a flare up as i just can't seem to get hydrated-i am still meaning to try cocoanut water, just haven't found it yet-i am up to about 150 ounces of water, i chew gum all day which does help with reflux too-but the sores in my mouth persist and if i go to long without drinking then they hurt real bad-my lips are the worst as they sting, burn and feel so tight and dry no matter what i do...i think i am stressed out as my hubbers is out of town for 26 more days and i have an active teenager that needs shuttled everywhere-so add that in with the fact that i am still trying to work and yah i am stressed and exhausted-i only work 15 to 17 hours a week but thats like 80 hours to me-i would love to find out if i can get disability but i don't think i am "sick" enough yet....

Patze

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 04:31:29 AM »
Hi Patty,

Good luck at your doctors on Monday!  And don't forget to update us, okay?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

saranski

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »
Hey Patty,

Yep, count me on the reflux train!!! I have GERD with esophageal spasms.  I have been on Prevacid 30mg twice daily for almost 1 year now, the reflux is much better, but when I overeat, which is often, it is still present.  I had an EGD, an esophagealgastroduodenscopy, done.  Easy procedure, you are out of it thanks to wonderful meds!!!  I am also taking Nitro for the esophageal spasms, which, thank GOD have gotten much less frequent.  I can actually go a 1-2 months in between episodes now.  I have also had esophageal manometry done, not so fun, but it did pinpoint where i am having the spasms and helps to determine meds that may help.
Try sleeping sitting up, at least 8-12 inches.  Milk can also help.  Try not to eat within 3 hours of going to bed.  My GI has me taking Maalox chewables for inbetween issues with the reflux. 
I am not supposed to eat chocolate or drink soda, but that is like telling a fish they can't go in the water!!!!!!!! It ain't gonna happen!!! ;D 

Keep us posted on your appointment!!!!!
Sarah

yankeeinthesouth

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 07:26:26 PM »
Hi all,
Well I unfortunately ended up in the hospital last week. On Friday I was having so much of a problem that I could not eat even a few bites of yogart without burning and it wanting to come back up, My hubby callled the rheummy who dx'd me and asked if he could help. well here I am. several tests later,and they say I have a hiatal hernia and I might have a problem with my gall bladder. I am feeling a little better with some of the meds they are giving me and hope to come home tomorroow or Friday.
Thanks everyone for all of the advice, I appreciate it so much.

Bernice

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 08:38:44 PM »
Yall I ate some peanuts today and here I am this late at night thinking I might need to go to the hospital because I doggone stomach is hurting and just plain upset. I used to eat nuts all the time with no problem, but this happened the last time too, so now I know Not to eat another nut of any kind for the rest of my life!!!!!!!

Between burps and pains I am most misable!!!

What on earth can this possibly be???? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

This is not like normal heartburns, but have more pain and bloated in stomach,  I look like I'm three months preg!!!!!!!!

Patze

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 04:13:04 AM »
Sending you tons of gentle

( ( ( ( ( H U G S ) ) ) ) )

Patty!  And I sure hope that you feel better soon!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Chickpea

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »
Hi Patty

So sorry to hear that you've been so unwell and ended up in hospital.  It's good to hear that your husband acted so swiftly and got you the help you needed.  He must have been really worried about you.  Let's hope the new diagnosis brings some effective treatment with it.

Let us know how you are doing when you get home. 

Thinking of you - Chickpea

ps Did you take your computer into hospital with you? 

yankeeinthesouth

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
Thanks Patze and Chickpea.
I appreciate the support. I just got my computer yesterday because I did not think that I would be in here this long, but my rheummy wants to make sure that he is not missing anything. My gallbladder test was normal but I had a setback yesterday because of some pain meds that made me sick as a dog. I am so upset today because I thought I might come home but after last night my stomach is upset again and my throat sore from vomiting.....aaaahhhhhhh

Do any of you feel like you take one step forward and then 6 steps backward, or that you can never be in front of the 8 ball????

It just seems that way to me with this disease that you get a little better only to have a flare and never end up back to where you started.

They put me on some new meds Reglan and Carafate to try and help with my problems, they had seemed to be helping a little so far so hopefully I will keep getting better. I just have to follow up with my GI dr when I get out.

Poochie

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 10:24:17 AM »
Patty I sure hope the docs get you sorted out and you are soon feeling better.

Bernice do you have Diverticulitis?  (sp)  What you just had sounds a lot like the attack I had several weeks ago.  It started out with the bloating and what I thought were gas pains.  The pain never stopped until the next day, just kept getting more severe.  About the time I was ready to go to hospital they started to subside.  I don't know what started it, but I hope to heavens I NEVER have another one.  Take care.

Pooh 

harlin

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »
Patty
Yes I have Acid reflux from heck. Still waiting on a call from my GI doc. Ph study done dec 28  and still no answer. He left me message on Friday that he wanted to s/w me but hasn't called me back yet!
Still waiting
harlin
Sorry  you are having so much trouble seems to go along ???

yankeeinthesouth

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 08:49:12 AM »
Thanks all,
I am home from hosp now. Thank the Lord. Still having a few problems but I am better. I guess the meds are kicking in, Nexium 2x per day, Reglan 4x per day and Carafate 2x per day. I follow up with my GI tomorrow. I might have to have a PH study done as well and a test to see if my esophagus is spasming or stomach for that matter. They think that my stomach is not moving the food into my small bowel fast enough.

My rheummy thinks a lot of my problems are nerve related because I have numbness and tingling in my hands and feet so he thinks that some things are not getting correct nerve stimulation. I don't know what kind of treatment he is going to want to do ie steroids, ect. I have a follow up with him next week.

I will keep everyone posted on progress. Thank you all for your concern and suggestions.

Chickpea

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 02:49:50 PM »
Patty - so good to hear that you're home from hospital and that the meds are kicking in. 

Let us know how things go and what treatment plan your rheumy comes up with. 

You're in my thoughts - Chickpea

harlin

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
Finally heard from GI doc. I had one abnormal day and one normal day, what the heck does that mean. He put me on 40 mg Nexium 2 times a day now. Back in 6 weeks.
Good luck it is rough!!
harlin

yankeeinthesouth

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 09:44:54 AM »
I guessing you have a day that the acid didn't bother you. Was the pH study painful? I have never had it done but my GI dr wanted to do it to me a few months back and it sounded too scary for me at the time.