Author Topic: How Dry I am..........  (Read 6438 times)

SassieCat

Re: How Dry I am..........
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 06:24:12 PM »
Kimi,

I almost forgot, but I am interested in how the results come out of gene testing and XMRV too. 

I don't think the XMRV is going to move fast enough to help some of us but I think it is headed in the right direction FINALLY.

I have had gene testing but it was done because of my heart.  Doc wanted to see if he can figure out why suddenly all of my sibs and I have heart troubles.  He found that I have both genes for hemachromatosis (sp?) which is iron poisioning.  My body does not get rid of excess iron but absorbs it. 

I don't have the disease but am in the upper % for developing it.  They watch my iron and I am a blood doner. 

Please, if you wouldn't mind, can you maybe post if/when you find out anything?  Really interested.......

Kimi

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
I'll be happy to post when I find anything out from the study.  A few have asked privately who my Dr is that is part of the study. I do not feel I can put their name out till I see them on Wed this week and make sure it is OK. I maybe should not have said anything about the study before asking. I know I was invited to join the study and had to pass several screening questions before I was accepted.  I have never done a study before and do not know the protocols. Please forgive me if I should  not have said anything on this.

I ask that no one takes offense at my with holding the Dr (s) names  before I make sure it is OK. Not sure if the study is already full or what either. 

Kimi

SassieCat

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 12:19:31 AM »
Sorry to have asked something that may not be proper.  But I wish you well and the best of luck. 

Julzi74

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »
As for the sinus thing I take chinese herbs for that, they help alot and I use a netti pot-once a day and I am good to go no more sinus problems unless I forget-when I do forget then its sinus pain and preassure all over again until I can get them flushed out!  I to have a humidifier going in my room 24/7 - its what the eye dr recommended-when my eyes are feeling gritty cuz the drops haven't helped I get immediate and must needed relief from a cold wash cloth.  Sometimes during the night I wake up and they are dry and I get up and grab a cold washcloth and put that on my eyes and it makes it so much better.  Also the shower in the morning helps with my eyes and sinuses and any pain and stiffness I have.  My cousin has recommended drinking coconut water cuz its more beneficial then water or gatoraid and better for us I haven't found it yet but am willing to give it a go!

SassieCat

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 10:45:41 PM »
Yes, where would one find cocoanut water?  I love cocoanut too. 

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 04:20:24 AM »
I saw coconut water (canned) in my grocery store this week.   It was on the aisle with international foods.
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

SassieCat

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »
Thanks Cheryl, I'll have to look in that area of the store and see if I see it.

Ballerina

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 07:22:25 AM »
Fluor tabs, they are called Xerodent and they include fluor to prtotect
teeth and some apple acid to stimulate saliva.
I read in a book that if you take them while sleeping instead of sipping water all night maybe
it is possible to stay in bed longer.
I do both.

Wish you luck from icecold Sweden
my eyes have been good, I even skip the eye gel I usually take

SassieCat

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 11:46:04 PM »
I tried to look them up, the Flur tabs and can't find them.  Do you need a prescription?

I'm in the US, by the great lakes and it's freezing her too!   I wish it was spring time already 8)

Ballerina

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »
Prescription not needed. There is also some saliva gel that you can put in mouth before going to bed.
Good luck.
A