Author Topic: A New Leaf Club  (Read 25470 times)

Joy Cox

Re: A New Leaf Club
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2010, 06:42:13 PM »
Hey Bucky, You must have sent your package overnight rate...  Much appreciated, 1/2" rain last night... Some areas got as much as 1 1/2"... Please send more our way!!! ;D    Joy

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »
Joy - glad your package arrived.   ;D  Will send more - although, I can't promise it in the next few days - but, will try.   :D 

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2010, 10:34:13 AM »
Told ya I'd get my way!!   ;D  Today hubby called a masonry back and we've scheduled him to come and take out our basement windows and fill the area in with block.   We debated about putting in those big block windows - but, the price quote helped make up our mind!  LOL  We're not down in the basement that often so having the light from windows wasn't such a big deal.  Having a dry basement is more important to me.  Now, we just have to wait a couple weeks until Steve has a chance to fit us into his schedule.  That's ok - I can wait, at least we're getting this taken care of.  Yay!!

One Happy Camper . . . Bucky   ;D
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Katybarstool

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »
Well done Mrs Bucky

Your tenacity paid off!

Kathyx

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »
YAY . . . it's a done, did, deal!!!  The masonry man called this morning, came and took out the four basement windows and blocked them up.  We SHOULD have no more water in the basement from the torrential downpours of rain we have been experiencing the last two years.

Plus, it will give me more room around the perimeter walls for storage shelves, without the worry of leaking from the windows.   ;D

It's much darker in the basement now . . . duh, we took out four windows!!   ::)  LOL  It's also cooler too  ;D, so maybe it will help with the AC and heating bills.  

OK - I just now had a lightbulb moment . . . wondered why I have a headache today - I don't get headaches very often.  It's from the cement smell coming up through the vents!!   Thankfully, I keep the bedroom vent closed - so hopefully, I won't smell it in there.  You know us Sjoggies and our smell sensitivities.   ::)  Hopefully, the cement will dry quickly - anybody have an idea how long (days) it takes?

Bucky

P.S.  The man was SUPPOSE to give us a call two days BEFORE he came . . . NOT two hours before he shows up!!!   :o   ::)  I'm just lucky that I was home for him to come so we could get this done TODAY.  

I sure hurried around this morning doing some cleaning . . . I have family coming for a visit Monday so I've been working on things, so it wasn't too bad.  I hate those YIKES phone calls that someone is coming and you frantically pick up, stash and hide things!   :o  Of course, none of us do that kind of thing . . . .  ;)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:09:25 PM by Bucky »

Joy Cox

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »
BUCKY, BUCKY, BUCKY, So very happy for you!!! Way to go, girl!!!:D 

Usually mortar sets up overnight...not sure how long smell will last.

Know from experience a product is made that is call ThorSeal and was in white and few other colors when we sealed our basement walls in other home.  We used white and it reflexed the light.  Came in bags and you mixed it with water and brushed it on with heavy-duty wisk broom.  Might consider this if you want more light at a later period of time.

P.S. Can you please send us another package of rain?   love, Joy